I am trying to convince myself to not to return the playbook but i am having hardtime.

I have a motorola atrix, galaxy tab and ipad 2 and today i bought playbook. my experience is very negative so far.

browser scrolling is not as smooth as should be. i tested kijiji.ca and howardforums.com. it is similar to galaxy tab browsing experience. tab has half the processing power. motorola atrix and ipad 2 have same processing power and they are much smoother.
    Flash does not work the way it should. pz10 and speedtest sites think flash is old.
    Selecting text in browser is hard and frustrating.

No email client or organizer.

screen size is smaller than tab, i think tab screensize was perfect.

no useful aps.

bb bridge in nothing special, motorola atrix can be accessed from any browser on the network.

From the tab i can txt and make phone calls, playbook wont even connect to the iphone wifi hotspot, all other devices connect fine to iphone.

i understand its first tab by bb but ipad original and tab are much better.

Experience is much more like the original storm.

am i missing something or it is just another fail by rim?

btw it took me an hour to type this on the pb, i find it very frustrating.
    wbeckle likes this.
    04-19-11 09:17 PM
    No one is holding a gun to your head. if you don't like it--return it. Otherwise...
    04-19-11 09:19 PM
    I feel the same way. I am the #1 BlackBerry fan boy but this, this is a disappointment.
    04-19-11 09:20 PM
    I say dont return it because you obviously have way too much money anyway if you have so many unnecessary, extra tablets
    04-19-11 09:21 PM
    Return it so someone else who wants one can get it
    04-19-11 09:22 PM
    @dave1812 did i say please let me return the pb?
    i am asking are there any other special features that i missed ?
    04-19-11 09:22 PM
    I say dont return it because you obviously have way too much money anyway if you have so many unnecessary, extra tablets
    good point--he's stimulating the economy,and lord knows it needs a lot of stimulation!
    04-19-11 09:23 PM
    Why is it that people have a compulsion to post to have others convince them one way or the other as to what they should do? Its in your hands, you have tested it and compared it and obviously dont like it, fine return it, no one cares if you do or not.
    04-19-11 09:24 PM
    Return it and within a couple of months, give it a try again. It might be up to your expectation.
    04-19-11 09:24 PM
    i say return it,your arguments are valid.
    04-19-11 09:25 PM
    You already have a small tablet in the Galaxy Tab and a larger tablet in the form of a iPad so I do think there may be nothing in it for you or nothing that might excite you. As a first time tablet owner, I do like my PlayBook.
    04-19-11 09:25 PM
    I am trying to convince myself to not to return the playbook but i am having hardtime.

I have a motorola atrix, galaxy tab and ipad 2 and today i bought playbook. my experience is very negative so far.

browser scrolling is not as smooth as should be. i tested kijiji.ca and howardforums.com. it is similar to galaxy tab browsing experience. tab has half the processing power. motorola atrix and ipad 2 have same processing power and they are much smoother.
    Flash does not work the way it should. pz10 and speedtest sites think flash is old.
    Selecting text in browser is hard and frustrating.

No email client or organizer.

screen size is smaller than tab, i think tab screensize was perfect.

no useful aps.

bb bridge in nothing special, motorola atrix can be accessed from any browser on the network.

From the tab i can txt and make phone calls, playbook wont even connect to the iphone wifi hotspot, all other devices connect fine to iphone.

i understand its first tab by bb but ipad original and tab are much better.

Experience is much more like the original storm.

am i missing something or it is just another fail by rim?

btw it took me an hour to type this on the pb, i find it very frustrating.
    Please do return it. Toy boys like you who have no need for things like this only contribute to the bad press it gets. You have too many toys already you don't need so leave the PB to those who do.
    04-19-11 09:26 PM
    I hope you don't ask your neighbors who to vote for when it's time to hit the polling booth...
    04-19-11 09:27 PM
    good point--he's stimulating the economy,and lord knows it needs a lot of stimulation!
    canadian economy does not need any stimulation.
    04-19-11 09:27 PM
    canadian economy does not need any stimulation.
    Well then--shame on you for not sending some cash south!
    04-19-11 09:28 PM
    i say return and wait also. it will be better but dont know how long until better comes
    04-19-11 09:38 PM
    Return it.

Just for the record the US/CND Galaxy Tab does not have a phone unless its hacked.
    It also does not tether to the iPhone unless it's rooted and the wpa supplicant is hacked.

Your points are valid, this is not a wonder tablet it falls short in many areas as you found,
    it's only been out for less than 24 hours so things may change but why keep it with the other stuff you like better.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 04-19-11 at 10:07 PM.
    04-19-11 09:55 PM
    The Canadian economy may be fine, but RIM is in DIRE need of stimulation. The PlayBook is a grease fire.
    Thats true.
    04-19-11 10:44 PM
    I would just put it back in the box and wait; they might raise the price when the promised stuff is added and then u'll b sry.
    04-19-11 11:06 PM
    Return it! Won't hurt my feelings
    04-19-11 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD