You might be right about "all". But as an user of PB I regret the purchase and I wish now to have my own IPad2. And about some people of the IT world not getting near the Ipad, I do not care. How many CEO-s have you seen working on the PB - beside the two clowns in RIM? Think a bit.
    OK, got my thinking cap on and let me see if I'm following.

IT people who won't go near it because of integration issues - blow them off. But if you see a PR pic with a CEO who supposedly uses an iPad you're all over it?
    12-06-11 02:55 PM
    OK, got my thinking cap on and let me see if I'm following.

IT people who won't go near it because of integration issues - blow them off. But if you see a PR pic with a CEO who supposedly uses an iPad you're all over it?
    No. You see the picture. I see the real people. But this discussion does not go anywhere. Do you really think that the upper management gives a damn about your IT guy integration issues?

I already made my voice heard and I will stop here on this topic.
    12-06-11 04:27 PM
    It's about time!
    12-06-11 05:34 PM
    For me it's all down to the gravitas that the PlayBook posseses; that air of 'I am a serious, thoughtful person' that it imparts to an owner. ... whenever you see a PlayBook owner you automatically think: "There goes a person of character, a person of substance, someone who weighs their thoughts carefully."...
    With all due respect, you're joking, right?

- R.
    12-06-11 06:15 PM

- R.
    He's not, and what a great post it is; not yours, his.
    jamesbondOO7 and Megacharge like this.
    12-06-11 06:23 PM

- R.
    I don't think he is. I could've sworn I've seen this dude walking down the street the other day. all of the sudden everything around him went in this blurry slow motion effect and this voice over out of nowhere said the same exact things in his post.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    12-06-11 06:26 PM

- R.
    It truly was one of the funniest things I have read. Ever.

People thanked him for it, too. Gravitas? Substance?

You need to direct him/her to this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ing-pb-673925/

The poster there is in need of some gravitas recognition...
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-11 06:30 PM
    I don't think he is. I could've sworn I've seen this dude walking down the street the other day. all of the sudden everything around him went in this blurry slow motion effect and this voice over out of nowhere said the same exact things in his post.
    Oh sweet heavens... y'all are killing me...

And they say RIM has no marketing. James Earl Jones + that post (verbatim) and even the incorrigible BGR will fawn over the Playbook.
    12-06-11 06:33 PM
    "Why is Playbook "the first professional-grade tablet"?"

it's not. that's just a bunch of marketing speak. like when they kept saying "amateur hour is over" etc...
    12-07-11 04:32 AM
    There is nothing professional about it, it was just a marketing term used by RIM. They can't give these things away to businesses as the PB is a fail when it comes to doing very basic things besides browsing the web.
    12-07-11 05:26 AM
    There is nothing professional about it, it was just a marketing term used by RIM. They can't give these things away to businesses as the PB is a fail when it comes to doing very basic things besides browsing the web.
    Funny post.
    12-07-11 06:51 AM
    I bet you do standup comedy? If not, you should.
    12-07-11 07:13 AM

- R.
    No, I was being serious.

IMO the size, heft and understated design of the PlayBook, coupled with the fabulous quality of the display give it undeniable 'presence' in the workplace.

I presume I must have some sort of lone 'golden' PlayBook as I have never had any of the issues that others complain about and find the included software and available selection of applications perfect for all of my requirements.
    alnamvet68 and AggreX like this.
    12-07-11 07:24 AM
    Amateur hour is not over, judging by the number of newbies and their hatefull, whiney posts .
    Didn't you join last month?
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    12-07-11 07:31 AM
    Get used to it; I have my schedule and post counters and others who monitor minutia and other trifling matters have their's.
    Welcome to Crackberry!

But please keep it civil when you use these boards. That way everyone stays happy.
    12-07-11 10:40 AM
    LOL. I used to read this forum for informational purposes.

Now, I read it daily for entertainment purposes.

The only other Canadian comedy that has brought more laughter to me than this forum as of late, is SCTV. In fact, this thread reminds me of a skit from SCTV, "The Days of the Week".

Gosh I love this place.
    12-07-11 10:42 AM
    Communications are highly secure.

The OS is bullet proof and the construction extremely robust.

Bridging is sweet as BB handsets have excellent radios and antennas.

I used my lap top for the first time in three weeks today.
    Until it got rooted..................
    12-07-11 11:55 AM
    Get used to it; I have my schedule and post counters and others who monitor minutia and other trifling matters have their's.
    Geno's is no good. I think it's too touristy, go for Phil's. Much better.
    12-07-11 11:57 AM
    I've seen that video. The PB suffered the least damage.

Learn about QNX. It multitasks everything. Loading a web page? Check the time or your settings or your email notification in real time.

Another advantage of QNX is differentiated updates. A patch for the root can be sent on its own as a small update. Critical systems on QNX are configured such that nothing else may access them. Nothing. This is where multitasking comes from. Processes run independently. This is why it's next to impossible to totally crash the OS thereby losing all saved data.

And it was and re-rooted within hours.

And you seem to be confused. You say the tablet saves nothng and then you say the OS doesn't crash thereby losing all saved data. Which one is it? Either it saves data or it doesn't.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-07-11 at 12:03 PM.
    12-07-11 11:59 AM
    Geno's is no good. I think it's too touristy, go for Phil's. Much better.
    I am not a big cheese wiz fan....
    12-07-11 12:00 PM
    Until it got rooted..................
    The OS is still bulletproof by which I meant that it is very difficult to crash it. Apps will pop off or act weird but the OS by design is built to remain intact.

Security is another matter but it must be noted that the recently patched root only affected one device at a time. A security breach to be sure but having to know a device's specific number and only being able to gain root access in devuser mode blunts the hack substantially.
    12-07-11 12:07 PM
    With the limited number of APPS at this point yes. As APPS increase (if ever) thats where the test will begin.
    12-07-11 12:09 PM
    It will be interesting how many PB's end up Running ICS.........
    12-07-11 12:09 PM
    And it was and re-rooted within hours.

And you seem to be confused. You say the tablet saves nothng and then you say the OS doesn't crash thereby losing all saved data. Which one is it? Either it saves data or it doesn't.
    Communications vs personal data (e.g. pics).

I'm quite sure that another patch will be coming along shortly. QNX is perfect for that. Small differentiated updates. Devcon exposed some holes. It's interesting to see guys trying to hack and then see the counter from BB10
    12-07-11 12:15 PM
    Marketing

/thread
    Accidental Post and avt123 like this.
    12-07-11 12:15 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD