Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tarektoverso
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why is playbook asking me to re-enter email password every 30 seconds?

Ever since I updated the OS & whenever I use email PB asks my Rogers account password what seems like every 30 secs.
    Anyone knows how I can fix that?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,346 Global Posts

Yeah, I get the same thing with my Yahoo mail. It's annoying.
    March of the Smartphones: Handspring Visor with Digital Link > Handspring Treo 600 > Sprint PPC 6700 > Palm Centro > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > Blackberry Torch 9850 > Palm Treo 755p > Blackberry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4s (issued by work) > Palm Treo 755p > BlackBerry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

some more info? What do you mean by " whenever I use email"? when you write, read, reply to an email? Is that the native email app or the bridge one? Have you tried deleting and re-adding your account? Restarting PB?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I've had this problem from the beginning. I don't know if it is because its an IMAP account or what. Its sufficiently bad that I just deleted the two Yahoo/Rogers accounts that I use from the PB. They work ok on the phone and I can bridge over, but can't use the native email PB app. I was hoping the OS 2.1 update would fix it, but it didn't. I'm not counting on BB10 to fix it either. There have been other threads on this and to my knowledge its never been resolved. Eventually you stop getting asked for your PW for a while, but then a few days later it starts up again. Its totally annoying.
    CrackBerry Abuser

your Playbook is suffering from Alzheimer
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    jon4400 likes this.

Try this : delete the wifi network, delete the email account, reboot the device.

After it boots up, connect back to wifi and add the email.

Ehen that happened to me, it was 2 step authentication (Google) being an ***. I don't know what could be causing it on Yahoo.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Mine does this constantly too. So annoying! I've tried everything, deleting wifi, email accounts, reboots, security swipes all to no avail. Nothing works. Always constant pop-ups asking for passwords. Please if anyone knows a fix that actually works, please, please let me know!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine does the same thing and i swear it screws up my wifi i thought it was just my wifi cutting out but i guess not
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

You can fix this by setting up two step authentication. Enable this and enter the specific password it generates for the Playbook and BOOM DONE.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

I kept having the issue with Yahoo. I found out it was the calendar, which appears to be totally broken like the contacts. Tried deleting the calendar and setting up, again, but now it says the server is unavailable.

At least, now, it doesn't keep asking for my password.

Like I keep saying Ms Mayer needs to fix her crappy software. One day, she will realise that firing, hiring and looking pretty are not enough to make her company more successful.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    PIN
    3268342C

Quote Originally Posted by gwinegarden View Post
    I kept having the issue with Yahoo. I found out it was the calendar, which appears to be totally broken like the contacts. Tried deleting the calendar and setting up, again, but now it says the server is unavailable.

At least, now, it doesn't keep asking for my password.

Like I keep saying Ms Mayer needs to fix her crappy software. One day, she will realise that firing, hiring and looking pretty are not enough to make her company more successful.
    The issue is with the Yahoo servers. I just dumped my Yahoo account and have everything directed to outlook now. Yahoo has had this problem off an on for a year but it has gotten worse over the last three months. PB works fine/
    "Stark, Frei und Treu,
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    PIN
    3268342C

Quote Originally Posted by webosdropout View Post
    Ever since I updated the OS & whenever I use email PB asks my Rogers account password what seems like every 30 secs.
    Anyone knows how I can fix that?
    Also I suspect Yahoo was the reason the email app would dump when deleting multiple email because it would sync with Yahoo and it took way too long.
    "Stark, Frei und Treu,
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    You can fix this by setting up two step authentication. Enable this and enter the specific password it generates for the Playbook and BOOM DONE.
    Two step authentication? How do I do this?

I'm having the same issue, everytime I open the message, calender, contacts, video chat native apps, the stupid thing keeps asking for my passwords.

I have an email with Videotron (Quebec) and 4 other email accounts with Godaddy. They all have the same problem: PB asks for password confirmation all the time.

Very annoying.. I like my playbook for emails, web browsing (except when memory is low-doesn't take much) and video chat, but I hope they fix that soon. It feels like I have a beta OS.

thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by dave_h_946 View Post
    some more info? What do you mean by " whenever I use email"? when you write, read, reply to an email? Is that the native email app or the bridge one? Have you tried deleting and re-adding your account? Restarting PB?
    I use the native email app. Even when it is not running it must check in the background because when I wake up my PB the fist thing it asks me is the email password (even when the red blinking light is flashing).

The email app is fully functional. I can edit, delete etc.. then what seems like 30 seconds later it asks me for the password and this wont stop until I shut down the email app. But if an other email comes in, then it starts all over again. I strictly use a carrier email account (Rogers).

I have 2 PB and both have started to do this after the last OS upgrade. Extremely annoying especially with my Android using son making sarcastic comments like "such a great device".

Since it seems many people have this problem, it'd be nice of BB to come up with an OS fix.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    PIN
    Knee

I get the same thing with Yahoo mail. I just click on cancel, don't enter my password, and it all works ok. Still, annoying as heck.
    "Songs are really just interesting things to do with the air." -- Tom Waits
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've had the same issue with my exchange email account through work. It only started happening after the last OS update.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    266f071c

i was having this with yahoo as well, i just removed it, and forwarded all emails to a gmail account, no problems since
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Explain please? Inquiring minds want to know!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the same problem till I found a yahoo
    Calender account I didn't know I had was causing
    It. Once deleted the problem went away thank God!