and both the Android app store and the iTunes app store are bloated with useless apps in multiple copies which equates to long hours of search, trial and error to find the app that will do what you are looking for.
    Well the Appworld is not very good either, apps that are really good and with a really optimized GUI are a minority there. Which is problematic per se, because the lot of crap on Android is explainable by he huge numbers and the practical impossibility to check them all carefully. RIM on the contrary had more time, and was supposed to keep business executive standards.

As far as the Android emulator is concerned, RIM admitted numerous apps that were so poor they were rejected from the Appstore. That way even for Android crap filtering I would be better off with Android OS on my blackberry tablet.

The situation is not that Android doesn't have flaws, it is that even when Android has flaws, RIM manage to make them worse.

Let's face it the results of the playbook software devs do not correspond AT ALL to the standards RIM accustomed its clients to for smartphones. It's like it was another company, trying to sell a subsidiary half baked platform from an unknown developing country.

I don't know why fanboys of RIM continue to support the playbook devs and those above them. Let's face it the hardware is great but the software is a failure. And as you see that nobody gets fired, then I may suspect that some people at RIM are not taking the playbook clients seriously and have no intention to improve the OS.

And oh as far as waiting is concerned, well think about it : you can chose waiting for an undetermined future date, with no sign of basic quality assurance, after already waiting a year with yet unexpected delays inside the main delay, or just simply move to a platform that has everything you need immediately.
    03-12-12 02:38 AM
    "And oh as far as waiting is concerned, well think about it : you can chose waiting for an undetermined future date, with no sign of basic quality assurance, after already waiting a year with yet unexpected delays inside the main delay, or just simply move to a platform that has everything you need immediately."

Well said
    Bakamushi likes this.
    03-12-12 07:54 AM
    They are doing very well with OS 2.0, why would they change now? When all they need is a few updates to compete...
    03-12-12 08:03 AM
    Why don't they just close shop and concede to android then. That is what would happen if they just went to android.
    03-12-12 08:13 AM
    I have to say it would probably be easier to go all Android for RIM, but this new OS they have is a beast. By the time its on Blackberries I can only imagine how good it will be. Its already my fav mobile OS. Stick to this QNX or 2.0 or BB10 or whatever they want to call it, its pretty darn awesome...
    03-12-12 10:25 AM
    It USED to be a beast when it was called QNX, it WILL maybe be a beast when it is called BB10, but for the moment it is a severe impediment to the excellent pb hardware.

Sincerely, shifting to Android for the pb ONLY would help RIM concentrate on BB10 for their secured business grade phones, and then they could develop some kind of blackberry layer for the pb.

No consistent updates are coming, not before BB10. It is the only reasonable solution. And it would be much more elegant than the present awkward Android runtime makeshift.
    Last edited by Bakamushi; 03-31-12 at 04:49 AM.
    03-31-12 04:25 AM
    I came to playbook from an Android device and could not be happier. As soon as my contract is up for my android phone I will replace it with a blackberry.

Android is so fragmented it's become a joke.
    I totally agree with you on BlackBerry QNX's superiority to Android and Android's fragmentation problems (and would add Android has some major performance problems, i.e. lag), but I'll warn you that QNX is a much different beast (and superior beast IMO, except for email) than BlackBerry 7 OS. You'll probably will want to wait until RIM starts putting out BlackBerry 10 OS smartphones before making the switch.
    03-31-12 05:47 AM
    If the Playbook were converted to an Android device, it would be on the fast track of the road to ruin. Except for the Kindle Fire, none of the Android tablets has made any inroads against Apple.

RIM is now focused on its business clients and employees who require a secure and reliable operating system and that's not Android.
    03-31-12 06:38 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD