Desktop Manager Version 7 was briefly released last week & pulled back. It used a very different way to transfer!

RIMM Is providing us with leading edge email technology. We demanded that it be released ASAP. No one else has the integration found in OS2 native email. Lets give them time to perfect this new,advanced technology.

Being able to see any one or all email addresses I choose while in the field is very important! This choice can be made instantly!

Integration with Facebook into Contacts works now - Automatically adds Facebook contacts & messages. I didn't have to import anything!

Hopefully only a few believe all of this was accomplished with a few programmers! Rimm carefully chose the specialty programming companies to purchase. RIMM has chosen to make huge technology innovations. OS2 shows how great Blackberry 10 really is!

Thank you RIMM for all the risks you have taken for us.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    02-22-12 07:10 AM
    QNX allows so much "more" to be accomplished on the platform relative to the competition...With this ability to do "more"....We also have to realize it takes "more" time to program with "more" being at the foundation.
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 02-22-12 at 07:31 AM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-22-12 07:29 AM
    Desktop Manager wasn't anything especially radical. Not sure why it presented the issues it did for some users, but I have to say, I was amazed how quickly it updated a friend's PlayBook yesterday; maybe half the time it had taken me to do mine over Wifi.

I think some were disappointed at how little (read: "none") integration there is between the Bridge apps and the new native PIM, but the truth is, they really are two completely different platforms. For existing BB users, it's a matter of deciding either/or. And for new, non-BB users, it's just a gorgeous new PIM.
    bbfan1040 and yauchunh like this.
    02-22-12 08:27 AM
    Desktop Manager wasn't anything especially radical. Not sure why it presented the issues it did for some users, but I have to say, I was amazed how quickly it updated a friend's PlayBook yesterday; maybe half the time it had taken me to do mine over Wifi.

I think some were disappointed at how little (read: "none") integration there is between the Bridge apps and the new native PIM, but the truth is, they really are two completely different platforms. For existing BB users, it's a matter of deciding either/or. And for new, non-BB users, it's just a gorgeous new PIM.
    But surely it's reasonable for the PIM on a mobile device to sync with Outlook, which so many have on their desktops?
    Willardv likes this.
    02-22-12 11:31 AM
    But surely it's reasonable for the PIM on a mobile device to sync with Outlook, which so many have on their desktops?
    I agree, and even say it's critical. Ironically, even my Windows Phone can't sync with my Windows Outlook, but it's a major reason why I'm flirting with a change. The PB seduced me and I'll probably be getting a BB as a backup and to Bridge; but, I would definitely lean to just switching if I could return to syncing privately with my desktop and notebook.
    02-22-12 11:53 AM
    Just looked and 7 is not back yet. Still offering the older 6.x DM.
    02-22-12 12:31 PM
    I have been using DTM 7.0.0.43 since it came out and have no problems. i just did a full backup of OS2 on my laptop.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-22-12 01:02 PM
    I just checked and I have 7.0.0.43 installed for my DM which I remember updating when prompted on 2/14/2012. Why do you say it was pulled back?
    02-22-12 01:07 PM
    Desktop Manager Version 7 was briefly released last week & pulled back. It used a very different way to transfer!

RIMM Is providing us with leading edge email technology. We demanded that it be released ASAP. No one else has the integration found in OS2 native email. Lets give them time to perfect this new,advanced technology.

Being able to see any one or all email addresses I choose while in the field is very important! This choice can be made instantly!

Integration with Facebook into Contacts works now - Automatically adds Facebook contacts & messages. I didn't have to import anything!

Hopefully only a few believe all of this was accomplished with a few programmers! Rimm carefully chose the specialty programming companies to purchase. RIMM has chosen to make huge technology innovations. OS2 shows how great Blackberry 10 really is!

Thank you RIMM for all the risks you have taken for us.
    Sorry, but everything Playbook OS2 does with emal, contacts and calender is already done in Windows Phone 7.5. Nothing new or unique here.
    02-22-12 01:13 PM
    I just checked and I have 7.0.0.43 installed for my DM which I remember updating when prompted on 2/14/2012. Why do you say it was pulled back?
    Some users were having issues with Blackberry Desktop Software 7.0 so Research In Motion pulled it until the specific reported issues are addressed. If I recall, synchronization of large numbers of contacts failed in BBDS 7.0. There might be other issues as well.
    02-22-12 02:09 PM
    Sorry, but everything Playbook OS2 does with emal, contacts and calender is already done in Windows Phone 7.5. Nothing new or unique here.
    ... and social, and video and ...
    well, W7.5 certainly the most close, I agree.
    02-22-12 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD