Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By pinkert11
  • 3 Post By shootsscores
  • 1 Post By flash24
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why I Playbook

This people, this thread is why I playbook. "New Beta (2.0.0.4869) for the Playbook " To tinker, to see what is new, to wait in hesitation. This is IT, this is to play. My wife just picked up a ipad2 and she set it up, and everything is running as expected and she is using the apps. Phooy on that! The OS is old, no fun, non-interesting. Her only next step is to jailbreak, and even that is boring now as it is a simple download from a website - just like installing any other app. The joy of tinkering, wiping, rebuilding and seeing what is new is gone. The hesitation and hart stoping and lump in your throat when you try to do something and the devices stops and freezes and you curse yourself for bricking your device. Only to fix it, sip some more beer and move on.

OS is old and no fun. QNX is the new baby and we are just learning how she walks and talks, forget about running as that will come with some age!

(posted in the original thread, but wanted to make a topic)
    flash24 and Megacharge like this.

I'm not a tinkerer at least with code or even dling a beta OS but I love to find out how far this PB can be pushed. QNX is beautiful. It's extremely tough, robust, resilient and super efficient. The PB OS exploits processing power like no other. The device is far from finished. These are early days. TAT UI, QNX OS, RIM engineering and communications are just beginning to gell into a tight ensemble.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts
    PIN
    33163F2B

QNX is just getting started. The future is so bright!
    www.twitter.com/billydasco

8700g,8300,8100,8320,8900,9700,9650,9930,Playbook

Proud to Serve USAF
    ndon70 likes this.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    QNX is just getting started. The future is so bright!
    And thank you for your service- side topic but much appreciated. Beyond words.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Quote Originally Posted by shootsscores View Post
    I'm not a tinkerer at least with code or even dling a beta OS but I love to find out how far this PB can be pushed. QNX is beautiful. It's extremely tough, robust, resilient and super efficient. The PB OS exploits processing power like no other. The device is far from finished. These are early days. TAT UI, QNX OS, RIM engineering and communications are just beginning to gell into a tight ensemble.
    That's right it's just a baby - give it a break, be patient and positive and constructive.
    Other manufacturers who know the tech of whats inside, are fearful.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkert11 View Post
    ...The hesitation and hart stoping and lump in your throat when you try to do something and the devices stops and freezes and you curse yourself for bricking your device. ...
    ...and than post of this forum that the PB is such garbage and RIM is the fault of all this.

No, likely not you Pinkert11...
    ---------------------------------------------
    BB Torch 9850 Setar BIS (3G) OS 7.10163
    Playbook OS 2.0.07971
    Yes also an iPad 2, iMac and other Apple stuff
    ---------------------------------------------
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts
    PIN
    33163F2B

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack93117 View Post
    And thank you for your service- side topic but much appreciated. Beyond words.
    Thank you for your support
    www.twitter.com/billydasco

8700g,8300,8100,8320,8900,9700,9650,9930,Playbook

Proud to Serve USAF