Hi there, i just bought a blackberry playbook on ebay and the cable charge and the usb dont fit with the tablet whats the probleme.
    i would like to put picture for help but because i'm new I can't so
    thank you for your help friends!
    05-06-15 10:06 AM
    Well a common PlayBook problem is that the USB port is very delicate. If you insert the cable the wrong way with just a little added pressure, the USB port can be damaged. After this happens, the unit won't charge with USB and the plug won't fit properly.

This is what sounds like had happened to you. If you feel that you didn't cause the damage yourself, then contact the Ebay seller for a resolution.

Alternatively, you can charge the unit just fine with the rapid charger and file transfers can be done with WiFi. But I would look for a refund first if you feel the product arrived in an already damaged state.

Posted via CB10
    To upload a picture, press the "Go Advanced" button next to reply then "Manage Attachments" you can upload one from there.
    05-06-15 10:23 AM
    Well a common PlayBook problem is that the USB port is very delicate. If you insert the cable the wrong way with just a little added pressure, the USB port can be damaged. After this happens, the unit won't charge with USB and the plug won't fit properly.

This is what sounds like had happened to you. If you feel that you didn't cause the damage yourself, then contact the Ebay seller for a resolution.

Alternatively, you can charge the unit just fine with the rapid charger and file transfers can be done with WiFi. But I would look for a refund first if you feel the product arrived in an already damaged state.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 10:49 AM
    The BBRY logo on the connection end should be "up" to get the right orientation. I think I have seen the USB logo on some of the chargers, which usually is "up" with other devices. So that may be confusing for you. The shape of the microUSB is a little different than usual as well on the PB so the eyeball check of orientation may be difficult for you. Be careful and don't force anything as it can easily be broken. I'd also recommend the magnetic coupling rapid charger.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-08-15 08:22 AM
    The BBRY logo on the connection end should be "up" to get the right orientation. I think I have seen the USB logo on some of the chargers, which usually is "up" with other devices. So that may be confusing for you. The shape of the microUSB is a little different than usual as well on the PB so the eyeball check of orientation may be difficult for you. Be careful and don't force anything as it can easily be broken. I'd also recommend the magnetic coupling rapid charger.
    I see a lot of high praise for the magnetic charger. Am tempted to get it sometime; I still use my PB but don't really want to "invest" a lot more into it, and if I do get an accessory, I want to make sure it'll work with something else.

I'll google around, but does anyone know of other tablets or devices that would work with the rapid charger?
    05-08-15 10:15 AM
    I see a lot of high praise for the magnetic charger. Am tempted to get it sometime; I still use my PB but don't really want to "invest" a lot more into it, and if I do get an accessory, I want to make sure it'll work with something else.

I'll google around, but does anyone know of other tablets or devices that would work with the rapid charger?
    No, nothing else works with it. Wished that was the standard like microUSB has become. The convenience and ease of use is worth the US$10-20 you can get it for (they were $70 list). You just get it close to the mag connector and it clicks together. You can do it in the dark.Full charge in a couple of hours.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-08-15 02:05 PM
    Just bought the desktop stand - after I had the USB charge problem. Which I fixed with a cocktail stick - just as a previous poster suggested. Shame BlackBerry divorced PlayBook and Bridge as it is very effective.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-11-15 03:31 PM
    4 possibilities

1 - Wrong connector

2 - Connector is fake (not complying to standards)

3 - PlayBook is fake (same as #2)

4 - Either one of them is defective

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:37 AM
    5 - plugging into hdmi port.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-15-15 01:37 PM
    Had same problem - using yellow USB playbook charger. Found on CB that contacts in the playbook can move. Pushed them back with a wooden cocktail stick!

Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:14 AM