Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By brucep1
  • 1 Post By Viktor Boskovic
  • 1 Post By pkcable
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why don't apple cooperate?

I tried to pair my playbook to my iphone via bluetooth, playbook had no problem but iphone says "playbook not supported" WTF?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

The issue was about IPHONE compatibility, can't you give a hand first before correcting someone's statement. I'll try my friend's iphone later.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,695 Global Posts
    PIN
    vokestackimbalance was detected

Before ripping out each other's throats and arguing iPad release cycles, why doesn't someone actually try to help out the OP.

You won't be able to connect Bluetooth from iPhone to PlayBook. Just isn't compatible, at least so far in my experience. You can use your iPhone's hotspot feature, but that will charge you $20 a month I believe. If you do that, you could also connect laptops and other tablets for your internet connection.
    I survived the Storm of 2008 and the PlayBook of 2011.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Android will pair but not connect. I have a couple Android phones that are rooted and have custom ROMs and can't get them to connect with my PB. So it isn't just Apple.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

Quote Originally Posted by mroberts2m4 View Post
    I tried to pair my playbook to my iphone via bluetooth, playbook had no problem but iphone says "playbook not supported" WTF?
    What are you planning to do once you connect the PlayBook and iPhone?

PlayBook does not support Bluetooth File transfer besides Bridge and iPhone does not support Bluetooth tethering to PlayBook.

Here read this if you are interested in Bluetooth Tethering on PlayBook. iOS: System requirements for Personal Hotspot
    CrackBerry User

I just use Dropbox for file transfer between my iPhone and playbook.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,310 Global Posts

I can't imagine why Apple would want to play nice with Playbook. They want you to buy an iPad. My son (who I would disown if I didn't love him ) had to rub my face in the fact that all three of his i-devices synched together seamlessly. As stated above, there are ways to share info between your iPhone & Playbook. Hope you find one that works for you. Love my pb btw - just wanted to add that for my own safety.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 05-09-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

FYI.. It's why "doesn't" not why "don't".
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    555 Global Posts

wow not much help offered in this thread, OP was probably hoping for a solution to his issue. We have to give him some credit, he owns an iphone, but chose to buy a playbook.
    Thanked by:
    mroberts2m4 (05-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

The are not many products that truly plays nice with their competition. For me, I care more about the product than the brand name, but sometimes I have to buy the brand name instead of a superior product (for MY needs) because it is the only way they work together smoothly.

So for me, I like the PlayBook, so my next phone will be a BlackBerry (lucky for me BB10 will be out and I think that will be a superior product for my wants and needs). As a side note, I also tend to buy the "strong underdog". I supported Apple products before they were huge because they HAD to innovate and couldn't release a yearly refresh for high prices. BlackBerry now HAS to innovate, cannot grow stale and cannot base their sales on their brand name. It is a gamble but BB10 has to be great, and BlackBerry knows it.

Global Posts
    33,346 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

A LOT of posts were deleted, be thankful you didn't get a little note/infraction in your PM box to go along with it! STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!
    Thanked by 2:
    husainpatan (05-09-2012),  Jean-luc_Picard (05-09-2012) 
    howarmat likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

Quote Originally Posted by herculesinwyoming View Post
    wow not much help offered in this thread, OP was probably hoping for a solution to his issue. We have to give him some credit, he owns an iphone, but chose to buy a playbook.
    Well I did offer some help if you read my post!

Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    What are you planning to do once you connect the PlayBook and iPhone?

PlayBook does not support Bluetooth File transfer besides Bridge and iPhone does not support Bluetooth tethering to PlayBook.

Here read this if you are interested in Bluetooth Tethering on PlayBook. iOS: System requirements for Personal Hotspot