is anyone else experiencing this?

its starting to annoy me. its not the router because my wife is not having any issues with her laptop.

thanks for any assistance!
    06-21-11 10:08 PM
    same here.i have my android phone on the same wifi router and my phone never drop.
    06-21-11 10:09 PM
    same here, I hooked up my PB to my neibours WIFI, legitimitly, and same crap drops like every second and sometimes it can go for 5 min or so.
    It can't be all of our routers.....
    06-21-11 10:11 PM
    How do you know it dropped? No bars showing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 10:23 PM
    simple,
    browser says: Error A network error has occurred.
    then i check the wifi connection,
    wifi connection is gone and i have to manually reconnect.

like others say, it happens every 5 minutes or so.

anyone with a solution?
    i've tried changing settings etc. to no avail.
    06-21-11 10:34 PM
    I was having major problems staying connected, it would drop pretty often. Some days it would be ok, some days it would be totally unusable.

I am using a DIR-615 router, which a few others have mentioned having problems with in other threads. Yesterday I'd had enough so I blew away my router's firmware and installed DD-WRT and picked a new SSID. It's only been 1-2 days, but it's been stable (keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way).

None of my other wireless devices had ever had a problem, but my PlayBook didn't have any problems staying connected other places, so I couldn't place the blame on either. I guess some router/device combos just don't play nice together.
    06-21-11 10:39 PM
    i have this problem after update 106.... should i try to update my router?
    06-22-11 01:19 AM
    Possible Solution:

Change the SSID to WPA (NOT WPA 2!) Or try to change the a/b/g/n to a/b/g only ... and see how it goes...

Hope this helps!
    06-22-11 05:29 AM
    For those wondering n speed or g speed will make no difference for internet speed it will only effect intranet or your home network file etc. transfer speed. At least that is what I've been told.
    06-22-11 05:37 AM
    I was just reading an old thread about this problem. Updating the router's firmware helped remedy the situation.
    06-22-11 05:40 AM
    Change the SSID to WPA (NOT WPA 2!) Or try to change the a/b/g/n to a/b/g only ... and see how it goes...

didn't change anything.
    whats next...lol
    06-22-11 08:15 AM
    What router do you have? Try to update the firmware as Fazermint suggested.
    06-22-11 08:23 AM
    I believe part of the problem may be a less than ideal wifi transceiver in the PB. I travel through the Phoenix airport quite often and have found that just about anywhere in that airport I can log onto wifi with my laptop, my Torch, my iPod but NOT with my PB. In most areas of the terminal the other devices show a moderately strong signal where the PB shows a very weak signal or no signal at all.
    06-22-11 11:17 AM
    Since I learned to keep my hands off the PB's upper left corner (in landscape mode) I've had very few WiFi troubles. Simple fix.
    06-22-11 04:20 PM
    Since I learned to keep my hands off the PB's upper left corner (in landscape mode) I've had very few WiFi troubles. Simple fix.
    you serious? similar to the iphone issue?

honestly, i tried that, but i still have dropped connections like every 5 minutes.

i've also replaced my router.
    Donnee likes this.
    06-22-11 04:22 PM
    you serious? similar to the iphone issue?

honestly, i tried that, but i still have dropped connections like every 5 minutes.

i've also replaced my router.
    Yes, that was the natural spot for me to support the device with my left hand while navigating with the right.

On the home screen you could watch the bars drop away--then enjoy the error messages.

Sorry your issue is more complicated than that.
    06-22-11 04:44 PM
    Maybe you guys need a replacement, perhaps there is something wrong with the wireless in them?
    06-22-11 05:26 PM
    there is an issue with the PB not liking certain routers. i know that much. try changing the settingson your router so it only broadcasts b/g instead of b/g/n. i bet you it works. and nope, ive not found a fix yet for n broadcast.
    06-22-11 06:11 PM
    For those wondering n speed or g speed will make no difference for internet speed it will only effect intranet or your home network file etc. transfer speed. At least that is what I've been told.
    as long as your internet isnt over 54mb it wont. but if youre like me and have a 100mb connection, its a 50% performance drop going from N to B/G but its all i can do right now....
    06-22-11 06:15 PM
    I am having problems too. At home it has never dropped the connection but at a friends house who has the same Linksys router I have, it will drop the connection every time. I can connect using WPS and then it drops the connection within 3 minutes. My BB 8530 connects and stays connected. Very frustrating.
    06-22-11 10:54 PM
    See i have this problem as well when I am at school. At home i switched from a N to G and wpa2 to wpa and the wifi works amazing, but at school i have wpa2 enterprise and it is just ****, dropping every minute or so. Mine still shows 3/4 signal, but the browser will not load anything and i have to reconnect manually to network.

I personally think that it is the devices ****e wifi stack. I could probably write a better one.

Its fine at home when your able to change your network settings, but I cant change my schools network just for pb access. its really ****ty that WIFI on a WIFI ONLY playbook isnt ideal. It has come to the point now that i dont enjoy using my pb while at school
    06-22-11 11:10 PM
    Just because one device works well on your network doesn't mean every device will.

And this left corner thing? That is either in your head or your wifi-network sucks that bad that adding that little interference would ruin your connection. And based on personal experience, wifi has been perfect.
    06-23-11 01:28 AM
    mine just started doing this tonight after 2 weeks on 1.0.6 and never any issues on the older builds either. Something fishy is up.
    06-23-11 01:53 AM
    i'm kinda glad to see others are having the same issues, well i'm not but it is doing my head in all this wifi drop outs. think i'll give a firmware update and keep you informed or even dropping my security down a bit to make this dam thing work.
    06-23-11 02:04 AM
    So you have to drop to g and use a less secure security on a device that is made by one of the most secure companies? I think RIM needs to update the driver for whatever wireless card they are using.
    06-23-11 05:20 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD