I have seen many threads on this forum and whenever a feature is mentioned which isn't available on Playbook, people say it's not available 'right now'. Does that mean all of those features will be available later? E.g. I really want file manager, also, I want BB Bridge to access audio and video files from my BB phone sd card. Will these be available? Is there a website where we can check what will be available in the future updates so we don't have to rely on people saying 'right now'? Other than the missing features mentioned above, I think Playbook is the best tablet available in the market right now�
    04-29-11 06:02 AM
    Sadly, there is no site to look up that information -- everything you see people say be it here or elsewhere is based off communications from the videos, interviews with RIM employees. Basically at this point, the site you're hoping for IS CrackBerry given this is where most of that information will be shared first when the time comes.
    04-29-11 06:20 AM
    Next week should be pretty exciting for us though with the Blackberry World event going on. A big update for our Playbooks, I'd guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 08:49 AM
    I have seen many threads on this forum and whenever a feature is mentioned which isn't available on Playbook, people say it's not available 'right now'. Does that mean all of those features will be available later? E.g. I really want file manager, also, I want BB Bridge to access audio and video files from my BB phone sd card. Will these be available? Is there a website where we can check what will be available in the future updates so we don't have to rely on people saying 'right now'? Other than the missing features mentioned above, I think Playbook is the best tablet available in the market right now�
    Not sure what you mean by file manager, but you can connect wirelessly or PC to some of the directories on the playbook and transfer files into it.
    04-29-11 08:56 AM
    A lot of it is just wishful thinkng I'm afraid. Not to say that some of the ideas won't get implemented eventually, but let's face it, without an official list of "what's to come" from RIM, its all speculation.

By saying "not now" they are immediately implying the device isn't insufficient, that whatever the issue is, it will be fixed.

I remember hearing it over and over ad naseum about the Storm 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD