. . . while these programs/apps will work with a Wi-fi connection?

AppWorld, Bing, NFB come to mind.

Is there/are there (a) valid technical reason(s) for is this situation or is this situation another example of RIM jackassery?
    10-15-12 04:48 PM
    Are you talking about the bridge connection or a tethered connection?
    10-16-12 12:57 AM
    The speed of bluetooth limits bridge speeds. However with that being said i dont think you need crazy bandwidth to browse apps. It works when you turn on wifi hotspot though. Some of them i question too
    10-16-12 01:19 AM
    "Are you talking about the bridge connection or a tethered connection?"

A tethered connection using a non-Blackberry phone and a non-Blackberry data plan (in my case, a Nokia phone and a TMobile phone/data/text plan).

"The speed of bluetooth limits bridge speeds."

Food for thought. Thanks.
    10-16-12 02:54 AM
    I don't have answer but would like to know myself. I've found similar problems tethered with my android phone - but have put it down to the speed of the wifi hotspot I generate using foxfi. The strange thing I find, however, is that whilst appworld does not work effectively through use of a shared data connection I can use video chat at full speed. Strange really. My guess (and I am no expert) is it is down to how the app uses and processes data in comparison with the speed of the data connection available. Different programs use data in different ways & require different data processing speeds - perhaps this is the reason?
    10-16-12 03:13 AM
    I am currently riding on a train with no wifi connection yet I am able to watch several NFB films, even 50 minute ones. YouTube app works as well. However, no embedded videos via the browser will load. Also found Gmail account works but not a yahoo account. ????
    This is all using the bb bridge solely. No mobile hotspot. Also the CrackBerry pb app doesn't work but does via the browser.
    Overall this seems an improvement since the upgrade.
    11-25-12 05:22 PM
    "Are you talking about the bridge connection or a tethered connection?"

A tethered connection using a non-Blackberry phone and a non-Blackberry data plan (in my case, a Nokia phone and a TMobile phone/data/text plan).

"The speed of bluetooth limits bridge speeds."

Food for thought. Thanks.
    I'd noticed this, too - similar scenario - occasionally tether over bluetooth to a Nokia handset on Virgin Mobile in the UK (uses TMobile and Orange networks).

Browser and email work fine - which tend to be all I'm bothered about, but somethings - appworld, maybe, and things like check for updates don't - and it's more like they don't even try - there must be something detecting a tethered connection and things that have some decision in that prevents them from operating when tethered.
    11-26-12 05:05 AM