I would love to be able to go over to my Bestbuy or some other retail outlet and try this thing out like our Canadian brethren are getting to do now, but in the US it only seems like we get a handful of "events" in major Metro areas (some after the launch date). Why the different approaches?
    04-10-11 08:09 AM
    Because RIM is a Canadian company, I think they want to make sure that it does well on Home ground. JMO. They know US "brethren" will follow.
    04-10-11 08:13 AM
    I wish they'd come to Charlotte. Cmon RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 08:17 AM
    Finally canadians get tech before americans
    04-10-11 08:19 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...st-buy-603310/

Be patient, they'll come, and if not then you'll get your PlayBook April 19 anyway.

lnichols likes this.
    04-10-11 08:22 AM
    It looks like RIM's beginning to send reps to the US this week
    04-10-11 08:24 AM
    I found out about the Best Buy demos from a friend that works there. The Canadian demo appearances are not being advertised at all. (except by us on CB) I have noticed a few threads started from some of our members in the US that like us have walked into a retailer and found a PB demo. The best way to find out is to follow the threads here to find locations near you, and also to post up locations where you find a demo.

I'm hoping for selfish reasons that we will have a higher rate of demos around me as my front door is less than 3 miles from RIM corporate HQ.....and I REALLY want more time to play between now and the 19th.
    04-10-11 08:25 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...st-buy-603310/

Be patient, they'll come, and if not then you'll get your PlayBook April 19 anyway.

Thanks, didn't see that thread.
    04-10-11 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD