This is what RIM describes as "Professional-Grade". Lovely, isn't it? I recommend you return the PB. I did and I am glad I did so. RIM never came out with an update to correct the problems you mentioned and it doesn't look like RIM has plans to do so any time soon. Not to mention, the PB has very little support from the development community and even less support from retailers. Return it and restore sanity to your life. You can always go back if by some miracle RIM gets its act together.

It's probably too late to return it, since this post was from 6 months ago. Also, several Bridge updates ago. When's the last time you tried it?
    11-15-11 03:33 PM
    @Blacklac

well I've quoted my versions above. All pretty recent no?

done the reinstallation of the bridge on my phone, and still having the same issues. only thing i havent touched is the playbook software. Like i said above, i'm still running the last official update. ie 1.0.7.3312
    Try rebooting your PlayBook. It's like doing a battery pull on your phone. I had this happen one time, and rebooted. I haven't had problems with Bridge since.
    11-15-11 04:07 PM
    tried that..again. no luck.
    11-15-11 07:09 PM
    1. try reboot both pb and phone. if doesn't work, then

2. uninstall bridge, erase bt connection, reinstall bridge ; erase bridge data connection memory in pb; then connect ; if not working, then (gets dangerous from this point on)

3. wipe and reinstall playbook os; wipe phone and reinstall everything; if still useless, then

4. leave playbook alone. let it cry in remorse and hopefully things will go back to work after 4 months or after earliest update whichever comes first; if you can't take it anymore then

5. sell it on ebay for another miserable person to have something to struggle with. otherwise go back to step 1, repeat until fade
    11-15-11 10:00 PM
    @sport*

i decided to insert a 2.5 to your above list (fearing to do your step 3) and found what seems to be working for me since your post...RE: ghost notifications.

When i received messages via bbm and the ghost notifications occur, i simply double tap the name of the person who sent the message, and voilla!

When a bbm message comes in, "unread" messages have the yellow circles at the start of the message. And if anywhere in your chat a message to you is preceded by a yellow dot, then you'll have that ghost notification. To get rid of it, i just double tap the person's name in the open chats list, and all the yellow dots (if any) turn gray.

This might be a pure fluke...but if someone else is having these issues and could try this out, then you're welcome. If it doesnt, i tried.

hopefully this new pre OS2 update thats around the corner will iron all this out.
    11-18-11 04:13 AM
    If you already knew from reading the title what it was about then why did you take the time to read and respond?
    So he could ask how many threads there are going to be like this?

I like the easy questions....
    11-18-11 04:17 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD