I don't understand what the big deal is with HBO GO. The MAX GO website works great and I think in the mean time its a great substitute for HBO if you want to watch some movies on your playbook. The Epix Hd site works well too and You Tube streams flawlessly!
    michjarv likes this.
    06-25-11 01:01 AM
    some people dont have both.........and the shows are different!
    06-25-11 01:32 AM
    some people dont have both.........and the shows are different!
    way different
    06-25-11 01:41 AM
    my HBOGO works fine
    06-25-11 12:06 PM
    my HBOGO works fine
    Mine still freezes and/or stutters after about a minute or so. I'm in NW Florida and my service/wifi at home is through Cox Cable. Don't know if the provider makes any difference or not.
    06-25-11 01:55 PM
    im convinced its a buffering issue. pb has a limited buffer capacity.

pause an hd youtube video and bufffering will stop after a short while
    go to southparkstudios.com, and watch an episode and sometimes i get a message saying "buffer capacity full"

if ur isp is unable to hold a steady high download speed, it causes the stuttering. i try hbo every once ina while, usually fails just like u mentioned.....it worked flawlessly ONCE. i checked my download speed immediately and it was 30 mbps, unusually high for my area.

pair this all up with pb's wifi that connects no where near n spec....and there u go
    06-25-11 03:05 PM
    im convinced its a buffering issue. pb has a limited buffer capacity.

pause an hd youtube video and bufffering will stop after a short while
    go to southparkstudios.com, and watch an episode and sometimes i get a message saying "buffer capacity full"

if ur isp is unable to hold a steady high download speed, it causes the stuttering. i try hbo every once ina while, usually fails just like u mentioned.....it worked flawlessly ONCE. i checked my download speed immediately and it was 30 mbps, unusually high for my area.

pair this all up with pb's wifi that connects no where near n spec....and there u go
    Dont think so, I think its your providers pipes. We do a lot of videos from youtube and movie rentals from amazon as well as other sites without issue.
    06-25-11 08:30 PM
    Dont think so, I think its your providers pipes. We do a lot of videos from youtube and movie rentals from amazon as well as other sites without issue.
    my provider is ****ty. no doubt, it gets 56k slow sometimes. i live in an apartment complex with 500 units, and they prolly feed everyone off the same line....but what about the fact that paused hd youtube videos never fully buffer? thats a flaw think. if u try to rewind back youtube videos to an area that should have been buffered, it skips forward, meaning the supposed buffered space is not really even there anymore. the back buffer gets dumped as the video plays forward. im not saying this is a definitely the reason why hbogo is acting weird, but it very well could be related.
    Last edited by uci2ci; 06-25-11 at 10:10 PM.
    06-25-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD