I wish they would expand BBM beyond BlackBerry devices. It isn't even that useful for me any more since all of my friends use other phones now. I end up using whatsapp and gtalk more than anything else now.
    02-10-12 12:01 PM
    And Diego - why do you keep jumping on the guy for trying to give us info. Take it with a grain of salt or whatever, but it was pretty clear the guy was working with a different build than the developer builds. How else would he have any idea what the bootup time was for the PIM apps.
    02-10-12 12:04 PM
    uhhh, you know that the release date is supposed to be in a week, right?

The issue has been there since day 1 of beta.
    uhhh So does that mean its not a beta?
    02-10-12 12:22 PM
    uhhh So does that mean its not a beta?
    It's in beta until the day RIM ships it to end users.
    02-12-12 04:47 PM
    I know what it is. Should I tell you in here or create a new thread?
    Well, apparently there is an upgrade coming in 7.1 that will allow your BB to act as a media server and serve up media to other devices on the same wifi network like an xbox, etc. (not via bluetooth). Would make sense that the Playbook gets this function as well...

Also coming is an upgrade to the bridge that will allow you to use your phone as a remote control for your Playbook, which will be very handy when doing presentations, etc. Connect your PB to a TV or projector then use your BB phone to control cursor, type text, advance slides, etc.
    Last edited by asherwiin; 02-12-12 at 07:58 PM.
    02-12-12 07:50 PM
    Oh you're so smart... But the only beta released was the dev beta and you didn't specify. And since we can't verify that the issue you mentioned was in any internal beta...
    It's out now. Do you think corderod dude was correct or how does everyone feel? I counted a good 5 or 6 seconds for my email and PIM apps to open. Also, about 90 seconds for the PlayBook to boot.
    02-21-12 11:26 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD