Ive seen a few vehicle mounts on here where people chose the DIY method and there is nothing wrong with that but there was no way I was drilling and mounting things inside my car that were permanent, I love her way to much to do somthing like that

So I chose a different route,

- I went to Canadian Tire and picked up a product called U-Glu (its an "As Seen On TV" product, and suprisingly it works like a dream).

- Next I went to my local Flea Market and picked up a "Y" suction cup mount for phones, e-readers, and tablets (this thing was obviously some knock off piece of cr*p and it was huge and way to ugly and bulky to put in my car but I bought it anyways for $20).

- And finally I went home and got a few accesories from a Garmin GPS I just sold (I had kept the mounting disk, and the suction cup mount).

And so I started,

- I used the U-Glu to adhere the GPS mounting disk to a spot (which you'll see in the pictures) just under my passenger air bag on the trim,

- Then I simply put the GPS suction cup mount onto the mounting disk like you would if you were setting up your GPS,

- I then proceeded to take the "Y" mount off of its base (the bulky arm and suction cup), and I used part of the GPS mount and screwed into the back of the "Y" mount for support (the white outline is where I screwed in to connect the GPS mount to the "Y" mount and the red outline is part of the GPS mount),

- And finally all I had to do was clip the GPS parts together and the "Y" mount was in place and my Playbook slid right in for a perfect hold!!!

Personally I think it looks good and I am very happy with the finished product, its clean and I can remove it when not in use and my car is untouched, which makes me even happier because I really wanted my Playbook to ride with me!
    08-31-11 09:29 PM
    Here are the rest of the pictures!!!
    08-31-11 09:30 PM
    Cool!!! We really need a decent nav (turn by turn) software...
    08-31-11 09:34 PM
    nice job it really looks good. total cost?
    08-31-11 09:38 PM
    but that puts the pb on the passenger side of the car.the driver will have to be careful not the push the selection lever to park while its in drive mode when he/she is touching pb.it can cause accidents.better to place the pb near the driver's side of the car.
    08-31-11 09:44 PM
    maybe you should go pick up a couple more of those mounts from the fle market... i'm a buyer right here for 1
    08-31-11 09:52 PM
    nice job it really looks good. total cost?
    Total cost:

The U-Glu was $20, but you get a whole bunch of strips and I found uses everywhere for these little things, they are great I recommend buying them just for the h3ll of it.

The "Y" mount was $20.

And the GPS mount I think you can buy in stores for about $10 or $15, if you dont already have one, and its not like I ruined the GPS mount either all I need to do is take out one screw and I can put the GPS back in its original mount.

So I guess you could ad it all up but for me the only thing I can count is spending the $20 on the mount from the flea market cause the rest of the items I had and found other uses for.
    08-31-11 09:54 PM
    maybe you should go pick up a couple more of those mounts from the fle market... i'm a buyer right here for 1
    I have a website link:

Magic Retractable Multi-Direction Car Mount Holder for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 w/ New Vacuum Suction Cupule products, buy Magic Retractable Multi-Direction Car Mount Holder for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 w/ New Vacuum Suction Cupule products from alib

I wouldn't recomend buying from this site though, it just gives a little information on it and some pictures of it not taken apart like mine.

It might help you narrow down your search if your looking for one!

Like I said I wouldnt recommend purchasing from this site, its says you can do wire transfers and western union as payments... but maybe you can take the name and find somthing on ebay!
    08-31-11 10:05 PM
    Great job but it looks like it's hard to reach? I guess the advantage is that it's more secure/stable than the Vent Mount I got set up.

I mounted my 64GB close so it doesn't distract me while I'm driving, much easier than dealing with my Torch 9800.
    08-31-11 10:28 PM
    Looks pretty neat CB Mike! Good stuff! (by the way I am surprised your signature actually takes 5 seconds for me to read.... well 4.78 according to my timer)
    08-31-11 11:07 PM
    but that puts the pb on the passenger side of the car.the driver will have to be careful not the push the selection lever to park while its in drive mode when he/she is touching pb.it can cause accidents.better to place the pb near the driver's side of the car.
    And to that I say its illegal to do almost anything but drive behind the wheel of your car in Ontario, so I wasn't about to put it in plain view
    And to be honest nothing gets in the way when trying to operate it!
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 09-01-11 at 07:37 AM.
    09-01-11 12:33 AM
    Cool!!! We really need a decent nav (turn by turn) software...
    I like garmen from appworld. its still in development but the navigation is working. I sent them a letter and they responded quickly. they will be trying to add newfeatures to it soon. at this point it is totaly usable just missing things like traffic
    09-01-11 09:20 AM
    I like garmen from appworld. its still in development but the navigation is working. I sent them a letter and they responded quickly. they will be trying to add newfeatures to it soon. at this point it is totaly usable just missing things like traffic
    For the Playbook? I know there's a phone version but I haven't noticed a Playbook version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 02:40 PM
    Really cool!
    09-01-11 05:43 PM
    Not to be a party pooper but the PB will interfere with airbag activation, damaging the airbag and sending your PB flying through your car.
    jjcool likes this.
    09-01-11 07:01 PM
    "I like garmen from appworld. its still in development but the navigation is working. I sent them a letter and they responded quickly. they will be trying to add newfeatures to it soon. at this point it is totaly usable just missing things like traffic"

For the Playbook? I know there's a phone version but I haven't noticed a Playbook version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have a feeling it was the Magellan app that was referred to unless there's some beta for Garmin.
    09-02-11 02:55 PM
    looks cool i too used glue on mine as well
    09-02-11 07:15 PM
    Cool, very creative. great job!
    09-02-11 07:25 PM
    Hi guys. Managed to get a ready made mount for the PB. What do u guys think?
    09-02-11 07:31 PM
    Wow there is no way I could drive on the right side of the car. It would feel way too strange,
    09-02-11 07:32 PM
    I have a website link:

Magic Retractable Multi-Direction Car Mount Holder for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 w/ New Vacuum Suction Cupule products, buy Magic Retractable Multi-Direction Car Mount Holder for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 w/ New Vacuum Suction Cupule products from alib

I wouldn't recomend buying from this site though, it just gives a little information on it and some pictures of it not taken apart like mine.

It might help you narrow down your search if your looking for one!

Like I said I wouldnt recommend purchasing from this site, its says you can do wire transfers and western union as payments... but maybe you can take the name and find somthing on ebay!
    Just Google them and they have a very bad rep on the net I don't think I would buy anything from tv-c.mall. I think you will end up paying for something and never get it
    09-02-11 09:37 PM
    Not to be a party pooper but the PB will interfere with airbag activation, damaging the airbag and sending your PB flying through your car.
    Maybe he needs a way to kill his wife
    09-03-11 02:41 AM
    Search on Amazon. I just found one for $8.99.
    09-03-11 04:38 AM
    I got this one from MountGuys for my PB - they have lots of mounting options..

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/cm88-2-sm050-2.htm
    Last edited by kwksti; 09-06-11 at 07:44 AM. Reason: duh
    09-06-11 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD