View Poll Results: do you love your playbook?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

97 91.51%
  • No

9 8.49%
    I know I love my playbook but, who else loves their playbook and why.
    03-18-12 12:43 PM
    There already is a Why I Really, Really Love My PlayBook thread. Feel free to read and post there.
    03-18-12 12:53 PM
    I Do

Because it does literally everything it needs to.
    it fits in my coat pocket,
    BRIDGE!
    it works as a mass storage device,
    its multitasking is great and so much easier than certain more popular competitors devices.
    The screen is incredible
    The Stereo Speakers are incredible
    BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!
    The Browser gives me exactly what i get from my desktop browser
    Its sexy, and therefore, by extension, makes me sexy
    I sideloaded a Megadrive, SNES and Gameboy emulator, now i have more awesome games in my pocket than anyone i know!

I dont just love my Playbook, i LOVE my Playbook.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-18-12 01:01 PM
    I Do

Because it does literally everything it needs to.
    it fits in my coat pocket,
    BRIDGE!
    it works as a mass storage device,
    its multitasking is great and so much easier than certain more popular competitors devices.
    The screen is incredible
    The Stereo Speakers are incredible
    BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!
    The Browser gives me exactly what i get from my desktop browser
    Its sexy, and therefore, by extension, makes me sexy
    I sideloaded a Megadrive, SNES and Gameboy emulator, now i have more awesome games in my pocket than anyone i know!

I dont just love my Playbook, i LOVE my Playbook.

where did you get those emulators from? I'm dying to play some Sega Genesis (street of Rage 2 is my all time fav)
    03-18-12 04:03 PM
    i do

because it does literally everything it needs to.
    It fits in my coat pocket,
    bridge!
    It works as a mass storage device,
    The screen is incredible
    the stereo speakers are incredible
    bridge!!!!!!!!!!
    The browser gives me exactly what i get from my desktop browser
    its sexy, and therefore, by extension, makes me sexy and i know it!!!

I dont just love my playbook, i wuv wuvvv wuvvv my playbook.

ditto ditto ditto
    03-18-12 04:32 PM
    where did you get those emulators from? I'm dying to play some Sega Genesis (street of Rage 2 is my all time fav)
    For Sega Genesis you want DGEN....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ported-693924/

SNES9x for SNES games
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...7/index25.html

aaaaand
    Pokemon Goodness on the Gameboy Emulator VBAMpb
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...7/index14.html
    03-18-12 06:17 PM
    Size & wise
    03-18-12 07:38 PM
    I like my playbook because for $250. This is a good buy.
    03-18-12 08:03 PM
    I don't love it but i like my PlayBook for it's usefulness.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-18-12 08:26 PM
    Same here. Love is reserved for my significant ones.

The Playbook as a device meets some of my needs, so I'll probably vote "love" though I have no strong emotions towards things.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-18-12 at 08:34 PM.
    03-18-12 08:30 PM
    I like my PB. Don't love it though.

Voted no for that reason.

PB is great and for what I paid it is untouchable value. But Love? No, sorry.
    03-18-12 08:43 PM
    I love how the browser crashes all. The time. I really love that. I also love how i frequently hit that little book icon instead of the back button. Now. And as well, i love how whenever i re-read the messages i've typed, i always find that i've hit one of those suggested words while trying to hit a letter in the top row of letters, because trying to place the cursor to fix that is really, really fun. I also think it's really nice when webpages become this bonkjonk mashup of two different pages and i have to refresh the page, it's so neato, and i love it. Cus web browsers are,a new thing...
    03-18-12 09:21 PM
    Love it and here's why:
    Size is absolutely perfect, easy to hold while reading a book, Web browsing or whatever.
    Design is great, unlike many other tablets speakers are actually facing you. Browser is outstanding and let's not forget that right/left or left/right swipe to switch between open apps.
    03-18-12 09:32 PM
    I love my PB for its size and multitasking abilities. It looks good also
    03-18-12 09:32 PM
    And then there is also the camera. Front and back...pretty darn cool.
    03-18-12 09:52 PM
    Love it for productivity, QNX operating system OS 2.0, graphical interface, hardware and also how portable it is. For the price, it is unbeatable.
    03-18-12 09:59 PM
    I agree with all of the above (except maybe #12), and especially like that I can carry a computer in my pocket, for all practical purposes. Even Robert Heinlein didn't foresee that one!
    03-18-12 09:59 PM
    i love my playbook for many reasons the biggest being its not an iPad
    blurtixx likes this.
    03-18-12 10:16 PM
    I've had an iPad 2 for the past year...and I'm underwhelmed. The flash-less browser made my morning coffee a progressively frustrating experience. Finally, I decided to pick up the PB. Suddenly (just like with my Bold 9930), everything just simply works. Yes, the Apple app store is awe-inspiring, but after a spell I was...BORED with it. It was so difficult to deal with email, web, calendar, the whole bit. I threw up my hands and sighed and put it to sleep. So far the PB does everything I want it to do, including being much easier to hold, to lean against something in the kitchen while preparing a recipe (because it won't slip and it's easier to move around, due to the hard rubber back and sides), for instance. The stereo speakers are wonderful. And loud enough. BB Bridge is impressive. I type away all the time on my Bold, and I can do this on to the PB now as well via Bridge. So far, I'm impressed. One thing I appreciate is the constant discovery on the PB and on the Bold 9930 of subtle, well-thought out shortcuts and their ruthless efficiency. As in everything that was wrong with the iPad. Don't misread me; I'm not getting rid of the Apple tablet. Bit I've discovered the joys of BlackBerry's staggeringly good, day-to-day utilitarian functionality that's a cut above the rest. Thank you, RIM. Cheers.
    03-18-12 11:11 PM
    It's just way more convenient to use than my laptop, for 1/6th of the price. Boom, pick it up, set it down, that fast. I actually read the news again, too, and the browser works smooth when multi-tabbing several windows. It feels very durable, and it's an HD media center. I feel like it has a lot of potential use that hasn't been tapped yet, plus it's an extension of my Curve.
    03-19-12 04:11 AM
    Loving the Playbook to bits especially for business and the awesomeness of it having flash support. Unlike the bitten apple. :-)
    Last edited by mobiman; 03-19-12 at 05:31 AM.
    03-19-12 05:17 AM
    I am a business executive and a masochists. AND I love my PB.

I love to scroll through the hundreds of documents through the file browser everyday in frustration to find the correct one. I leap with Joy when someone sends me a new doc via printogo every morning!

I love having to go through my pdf documents page by page until I arrived at the page I last read. I love nothing better to do then to re-read entire pdf documents to spot that line that is so important for my work.

I love spending time tyring to figure out where the bookmarks for my fav web sites are by opening each web site one at a time until I hit the right one. Sometimes, I would just randomly scroll and point just to see if I hit the right one and I reward myself with a drink when I hit the same page twice in one random search session

I love carrying around stacks of napkins so that I can draw diagrams on it and use them as placeholders for pictures to be inserted into wordtogo. And I love it even more when people show me they can insert pictures using the wordtogo on thier android or iPad.

I love how RIM almost created the perfect business tablet with v1 and total miss putting in all these features in v2 as well.
    03-19-12 05:19 AM
    Love it?
    Yes, of course.
    I love the fact that I wasted all yesterday evening, most of last night, and all of this morning trying to load the new operating system.
    It brings back happy (?) memories of wasting many hours trying to load the original operating system onto the damn thing in the first place.
    Doesn't everyone love technology that wastes this much time?
    03-19-12 05:45 AM
    I guess as much as one can love an object.

UI, bridge, size and the whole package.
    03-19-12 06:41 AM
    I love how the browser crashes all. The time. I really love that. I also love how i frequently hit that little book icon instead of the back button. Now. And as well, i love how whenever i re-read the messages i've typed, i always find that i've hit one of those suggested words while trying to hit a letter in the top row of letters, because trying to place the cursor to fix that is really, really fun. I also think it's really nice when webpages become this bonkjonk mashup of two different pages and i have to refresh the page, it's so neato, and i love it. Cus web browsers are,a new thing...
    Someone needs to go over to either iOS or Android where perfection is the norm. Every platform/gadget has either hardware or software issues that need improvement. Is not a perfect world especially when it comes to the tech industry.
    03-19-12 09:46 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD