I am reading more posts about playbook owners losing access to their books on the kindle cloud reader. Maybe more of you need to check if you havent lately.

I contacted kindle support on amazon's web site via a chat and got no answers. The asked my to delete cookies, reboot, etc.... Of course none of that worked. In fact, the tech support rep gave up trying and just left the chat without so much as a goodbye or whatever.
    02-26-12 09:50 PM
    Everything is working as intended here.
    02-26-12 09:55 PM
    I tried the cloud reader once and gave up on it. Sideloaded the converted android reader and haven't looked back. I hope Amazon aren't trying their hardest to block any possible Playbook access. I hope the converted reader isn't next.
    02-26-12 09:55 PM
    Most people are having trouble with the cloud reader now. Not sure how some people aren't (I've only seen one person so far say they aren't).

Ever since 2.0 it fails to load any books for me.

That being said, the Kindle app. (side loaded) it working great. I suggest loading it on your PB, its very simple to do so.
    02-26-12 10:04 PM
    Most people are having trouble with the cloud reader now. Not sure how some people aren't (I've only seen one person so far say they aren't).

Ever since 2.0 it fails to load any books for me.

That being said, the Kindle app. (side loaded) it working great. I suggest loading it on your PB, its very simple to do so.
    I just checked again this evening a I can still access my ebooks on Amazon Kindle Cloud reader on my PlayBook.
    02-26-12 10:19 PM
    Ditto here...down(side)loaded the Kindle app right after I booted and updated my PB. So far,it connects to my account and downloaded my purchased books from my PC app and my basic $79 Kindle. Tonight I tried the streaming video,on my laptop, 'cause apparently that options not available on the Android side-load.

That's OK, though, as I use Kindle to read, mostly.
    02-26-12 10:25 PM
    Getting errors here as well, thou it happened before and I could access my books later.

Hoping for the best...
    02-26-12 10:39 PM
    Yes, can't open any book either.
    02-26-12 11:07 PM
    I contacted amazon kindle support via chat and they only offered the "delete cookies and reboot option". He also knew i was using the cloud reader but asked me to download and reinstall my kindle app (???).

I have been hearing that the sideloaded kindle works great for many of you guys- guess i will have to break down and do it. Wish me luck this evening.

OS 2 still rocks!!!!!!
    02-27-12 05:39 AM
    All good here.
    02-27-12 05:41 AM
    I've had issues with the sideloaded Kindle app randomly signing me out of my account. Really annoying because I usually read whilst offline. -_-
    02-27-12 05:49 AM
    Same with me now also. I have to log in repeatedly. Annoying.
    03-01-12 10:08 AM
    I hate when I have to delete cookies on the PB even more than on my laptop.

I'll give it a try, but yeah, do sideload the app, it works great.
    03-01-12 01:02 PM
    Same with me now also. I have to log in repeatedly. Annoying.
    Do you have to log in each time or register each time? I am not offered a chance to log in, only re-register. As a result, Amazon registers my Playbook as a new Android device each time! If I didn't sign in regularly to my Amazon Kindle management page and delete the new "android" devices, I would have about 20 on my account by now! I've tried everything I can think of, including re-sideloading the Kindle app, but no luck so far.
    03-01-12 02:24 PM
    The sideloaded Kindle app was freezing or crashing so I restarted. Worked fine example for a day or two then it started up again. I then did a hard reboot (power button plus both volume buttons) and everything goes has been fine since.
    03-01-12 04:34 PM
    I am reading more posts about playbook owners losing access to their books on the kindle cloud reader. Maybe more of you need to check if you havent lately.

I contacted kindle support on amazon's web site via a chat and got no answers. The asked my to delete cookies, reboot, etc.... Of course none of that worked. In fact, the tech support rep gave up trying and just left the chat without so much as a goodbye or whatever.
    Now that is some Class A support right there...the rep probably wouldn't have done that if you had a kindle...
    03-01-12 04:39 PM
    It is register rather than log in.
    03-01-12 04:55 PM
    It is register rather than log in.
    You may wish to check how many "android devices" you have registered on your Amazon Kindle Account....
    By the way, I'm having similar problems with the Android-based Overdrive app!
    03-01-12 05:27 PM
    I am trying to side load the kindle app as her cloud browser is not working either. I am finding since megaupload went down, so did the kindle app Bar file. Does anybody have access still to it?

Thanks

Nevermind found it, just google this

3.2.0.35.bar
    Last edited by djscotty14; 03-01-12 at 10:11 PM.
    03-01-12 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD