Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: who activly uses BOX? how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by determined61 View Post
    Tonido Cloud seems promising for a roll your own cloud. I have been testing out their free version with good results. Forgot to mention that there is an app in appworld for the playbook as well.
    I'm gonna try them too
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

I have used BOX a bit and find it pretty good... Have a free 50 GB account owing to my TouchPad purchase...
    Thanks,
    Sriman
    Meeting Minutes Pro - Become a Pro at attending, organizing, tracking, manging and distributing meetings
    Meeting Minutes - A 3 day trial version of Meeting Minutes Pro
    www.srimanapps.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

Quote Originally Posted by bbfan1040 View Post
    One.of my two Playbooks usb port wore out. I want to load over 1,000 pictures into it. Thought Cloud could do that. Instead, I can only load one file at a time? And, apparently I would need to leave in Cloud?
    Could I upload from computer to Cloud one folder of files at a time?
    one word. NEXUS!!!!

best app ever for file transfer pb to pb... its proof. I just transfered gigs and gigs of music files from one pb to my husbqnds pb...
    I just had my first RIMISM today!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,367 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Quote Originally Posted by Sriman View Post
    I have used BOX a bit and find it pretty good... Have a free 50 GB account owing to my TouchPad purchase...
    I use Dropbox so much I forgot I had a free box account from my TP. Heh. Thanks for reminding me!

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I use Dropbox so much I forgot I had a free box account from my TP. Heh. Thanks for reminding me!

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    Yea and 50gb its really more then I'll ever need I think
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by brettanderson View Post
    Yea and 50gb its really more then I'll ever need I think
    Hehe, that's what we thought when we first got 20 mb hard drives (then called "Winchester disks")...
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bbfan1040 View Post
    One.of my two Playbooks usb port wore out. I want to load over 1,000 pictures into it. Thought Cloud could do that. Instead, I can only load one file at a time? And, apparently I would need to leave in Cloud?
    Could I upload from computer to Cloud one folder of files at a time?

Wifi file sharing between PC and PB?

>>Could I upload from computer to Cloud one folder of files at a time?

Not sure If I got this correctly; but if you are asking whether multiple files can be uploaded at PC to Box, than yes. You can keep on uploading, and it Q them.
    CrackBerry Newbie

It works fine when downloading files from my Box account, but never uploads any of my files directly from my PlayBook. The UI is a bit slow. It's missing some features such as search and being able to download and upload more than one file at a time. And even on a strong connecting downloading can be on the slower side. I only use it because when I had a HP TouchPad I got 50GB of free storage for an unlimited time when signing into the Box app. I wouldn't pay for it just to use on my PlayBook; though there are apps for Android and iOS that works much faster, better, with more functionality.

I suggest trying Microsoft's SkyDrive service out. It's my favorite cloud service right now, it's fast, and the site works well in my PlayBook's browser even though it wasn't fully optimized for touch. If you use your BlackBerry smartphone as a remote via Bridge it works better. Files take up smaller space on SkyDrive. Even though you can't download more than one file at a time it downloads files significantly faster than Box, and you can upload more than one file at a time. It's super easy to manage. And it too has apps available for Android and iOS which work very well.
    Most likely sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook
    CrackBerry User

I have done an enormous amount of research re cloud for business. I don't claim to know everything as tech is not my field. Living in the area of Silicon Valley you do ask a lot of questions, have fantastic technical clients and find out what works for security in business. They are probably the pioneers in this field for security and advancement.
    No, I do not work for this company.
    CrackBerry User

Box gets 4 thumbs up imo
    CrackBerry User

I use it for personal use (not company /work related )....very satisfied with the performance. I also have a dropbox account, but the Box seems to work better for me, easier, smoother, no glitches. I have also shared with some friends who received 5 gigs for free, and they all seem to like it. I highly recommend it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12