- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
Where is the Playbook/OS 10 support for OneNote?
In yesterday's Blackberry 10 announcement I heard Thorsten Heins mention Evernote. Why Evernote? Microsoft OneNote is the world's leading note organizer, it would make sense for Blackberry to approach Microsoft about getting OneNote ported to the new OS. I have been using OneNote for several years now and I have yet to find a note organizer as good as OneNote. I would love to see it on the Playbook. The app MobileNoter SE, which attempts to bring OneNote's books to the Playbook, is seriously lacking and is not a good alternative. I have too much invested in OneNote, and if BlackBerry doesn't get OneNote on-board, then I might have to ditch the Playbook for another tablet. That is something I really don't want to do.
- CrackBerry User
01-31-2013, 02:51 AM #2
- 18 Posts
I'm not sure about OneNote being the world's leading note organiser. It is a nice tool, but I have yet to see colleagues/business partners using it, when we are all on Ms Office. Evernote is more consumer-focused and not really a direct competitor to OneNote IMO.
Still, OneNote is available for the iPad, even if in a fairly basic form. I guess we could see it coming to the Playbook, but Microsoft may reserve the full MsOffice experience for its own platform (Surface...).
In the mean time, if you've got Internet access, you can use the online OneNote WebApp. It should work well on the PlayBook browser. Generally speaking the Office WebApps are quite nice and much more mobile browser friendly than Google apps. They may not be optimised for touch interface though.
- By mopiou in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 43Last Post: 04-18-2012, 09:25 PM
- By D_Dog in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 20Last Post: 05-15-2010, 11:19 AM
- By stormuser99 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
- By CBRblackberry in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 42Last Post: 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
- By DreamSTi in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:08 PM