No, I won't. I will keep on asking RIM to step up.

Why don't you sell yours, so you don't have to read my comments which don't fit your mindset. If you're happy with the PB at the current state, then you're just different than me and easier to please.
    I don't think it is perfect. Needs the native e-mail, PIM and SDK out. But I also know that the crypto kernel certification is probably holding some of these things up and that RIM has no control over that broken approval process. Its OK to be demanding, but I don't think the same dead horses needs to be beaten every single day. Maybe once a week would be sufficient. Also I think people constantly comparing this thing to an iPad should just get the iPad. I don't want a clone of that device.
    06-30-11 01:54 PM
    How do you KNOW that fixes are coming? RIM has not given any indication that they have listened to the myriad of comments from Playbook users regarding fixes that are needed to make the OS much more functional.
    I stand corrected. I was trying to put a slightly positive spin on my argument, explaining that my frustration was more about the lack of communication (exactly your point, I think) than the belief we were being forever abandoned. But you are correct - I don't KNOW that at all. And I myself have stated in previous posts that my fear is exactly that - that we are being abandoned. Good post - thanks for keeping me honest.

Regards,
    Ian
    06-30-11 02:19 PM
    2 updates? There's been like 6-7? and the most recent ones a couple days apart...
    06-30-11 02:26 PM
    2 updates? There's been like 6-7? and the most recent ones a couple days apart...
    What? Did I miss something?
    I think you're talking about the updates before official launch...?
    07-01-11 12:57 AM
    What? Did I miss something?
    I think you're talking about the updates before official launch...?

Yea or maybe some of his updates were the "5 megabyte you-have-to-take-that-deleted-app-back" updates.

And who cares about the quantity if there is no substantial quality increases. What does an update everyday do if no new improvements are made? The frustration you feel from the bb community revolves around the fact that after two months we have seen this thing change very little... and at the rate it has been changing it will not be in the state we were lead to believe it was headed until at least the end of the year at best.

If this idea doesnt seem correct then make a list of what has been added over the last TWO MONTHS and comoare it to the loooong list of everything that has yet to be implemented.

We are looking at a fully functioning playbook in Q1 of 2012 most likely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 05:24 AM
    Yea or maybe some of his updates were the "5 megabyte you-have-to-take-that-deleted-app-back" updates.

And who cares about the quantity if there is no substantial quality increases. What does an update everyday do if no new improvements are made? The frustration you feel from the bb community revolves around the fact that after two months we have seen this thing change very little... and at the rate it has been changing it will not be in the state we were lead to believe it was headed until at least the end of the year at best.

If this idea doesnt seem correct then make a list of what has been added over the last TWO MONTHS and comoare it to the loooong list of everything that has yet to be implemented.

We are looking at a fully functioning playbook in Q1 of 2012 most likely.

I disagree, I think we will have a fully functional playbook much much sooner than Q1 2012. End of summer seems a little more accurate. RIM is slow, but not that slow.

07-01-11 07:03 AM
    No offense but you must have learned that at a VERY young age. We are adults now, and from a technology company viewpoint - they have competitors to keep up with and they know we will not be happy if they do not also keep up. RIM especially is QUITE aware of this right now. Demands do not provide more resources to RIM. The opposite is true, as the perception of unhappy customers causes investors to pull out.
    I love your posts Blackjack93117, they may not be the smartest by they are definitely not boring. RIM has no competition to worry about, because they are not competing, they have absolutely nothing to compete in the today's market. Samsung is competing, Apple, Google, HTC, and wii to name a few but not RIM is not one of them.
    07-01-11 08:02 AM
    I love your posts Blackjack93117, they may not be the smartest by they are definitely not boring. RIM has no competition to worry about, because they are not competing, they have absolutely nothing to compete in the today's market. Samsung is competing, Apple, Google, HTC, and wii to name a few but not RIM is not one of them.

Is there still some space on your planet? You can't be from planet earth...
    07-01-11 08:24 AM
    I disagree, I think we will have a fully functional playbook much much sooner than Q1 2012. End of summer seems a little more accurate. RIM is slow, but not that slow.

123 what are you calling the end of summer? Im not trolling but totally serious.

Today is July 1. I generally call august and part of september the end of summer, and at the rate they are evolving the OS, No way will it be the fully functional device laz and bal intend it being- told us it would be- by the end of august. Thats two months from now almost exactly. Look at how this device has progressed in the last two months. Extrapolate where it will be forward into the future the same length of time.

They have added two things; an unfinished bbm And a language pack... the rest has been bug fixes.
    That means, going on rims record, we will have only two more things added in 60 days and more bug fixes.

Assuming rim will accelerate their progress rate is the only way you can defend this device will be complete in another 60 days.... requiring a change in rim.

My hypothesis- rim got itself in the hole it has been by not changeing. I have no historical record on which to base a theory that rim will work harder and more focused.

takeo likes this.
    07-01-11 08:26 AM
    Is there still some space on your planet? You can't be from planet earth...
    LOL I'm starting to find blackjack quite the character and he cracks me up at times. Whatever planet he or I are from.
    07-01-11 08:29 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD