When I click on Videos on my PB I see a bunch, including videos I just shot. But when I look at the video folder after connecting to the pc, I see ONLY the videos in a My Videos. In Blackberry Desktop mangager I get the same thing. Do I have to manually move the videos into My Videos before I can move them to the pc? What gives?
    08-11-12 05:10 PM
    When I click on Videos on my PB I see a bunch, including videos I just shot. But when I look at the video folder after connecting to the pc, I see ONLY the videos in a My Videos. In Blackberry Desktop mangager I get the same thing. Do I have to manually move the videos into My Videos before I can move them to the pc? What gives?
    The videos taken with the PB camera are located in the "camera" folder on the device.
    08-11-12 05:20 PM
    Of course I looked in the Camera folder too, and they don't show up there either.
    08-11-12 05:37 PM
    The video I just took is located in the Camera folder on my pb. I used Air Browser (free in appworld) to locate it. The filename starts with "vid" and has a numeric after that.
    08-11-12 07:40 PM
    My question is why they don't show up in explorer or such on the pc or in Blackberry Desktop Manager. I know they are on the pb, but according to my pc, they are not in the z: volume, which is the one mounted when I plug in the pb.
    08-11-12 10:15 PM
    First, there is no "My Videos" folder on the PB. "My Videos" is a folder on your PC. The PB has a "Videos" folder and a "Camera" folder. As suggested earlier, you can use Air Browser or any number of other file browsers to check and see what files actually reside in your PB's Camera folder.
    08-11-12 10:43 PM
    Uh, I read. You may have read, but you didn't understand. I suggested that he use Air Browser to see if there truly are any videos in his Camera folder. If Air says there are video files in there, and Windows Explorer says there aren't any, then he has one problem. If Air says there are no video files in his Camera folder, and Windows Explorer agrees, then he's got a completely different problem. To resolve any problem he has, it would help to narrow down what his actual problem is. As for him wanting to view videos on his PC without using "Desktop Manager", go back and read his post and tell me where he says this. Besides the fact that there is no such animal as "Desktop Manager", there is however "Blackberry Desktop Software" and there is "Blackberry Device Manager", (they're not the same thing) and you need to run one or the other to have the PB show up as a z: drive on his PC.
    08-12-12 12:25 AM
    They show up on my unit using wifi-sharing in Win Explorer. Here's the listing showing the video I shot a bit ago for this very thread. It is in the Camera folder under Media.
    08-12-12 12:30 AM
    Uh, I read. You may have read, but you didn't understand. I suggested that he use Air Browser to see if there truly are any videos in his Camera folder. If Air says there are video files in there, and Windows Explorer says there aren't any, then he has one problem. If Air says there are no video files in his Camera folder, and Windows Explorer agrees, then he's got a completely different problem. To resolve any problem he has, it would help to narrow down what his actual problem is. As for him wanting to view videos on his PC without using "Desktop Manager", go back and read his post and tell me where he says this. Besides the fact that there is no such animal as "Desktop Manager", there is however "Blackberry Desktop Software" and there is "Blackberry Device Manager", (they're not the same thing) and you need to run one or the other to have the PB show up as a z: drive on his PC.
    You were right. I had made a folder inside camera and moved some pics there. The videos are in THAT folder, at the bottom of the pics, which I only found by scrolling all the way down. Not sure why that happened--I would have expected them to be at the top level since I never told PB to put future videos in that folder. But I think I can retrieve them now, so thanks for the help.

That said, the file system on the PB is a major pain. At this point I have PDFs all over the place....some from Print to Go, some from downloading from Gutenberg, etc. I have several utilites--Air Browser, Files and Folders, even Ghost Commander (which suddenly won't see the PC or accept my password) and a few others. Someone could write a Playbook for Dummies....to explain how to organize properly, etc.

Thanks again to all for the help.
    08-12-12 01:24 PM
    Glad you found your video file.

The pb's failure to really use Folders for file organization is a pain in the b-utt. The only real place it appears to work is in the Photos app where it uses folders to display ALBUMS.
    08-12-12 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD