I completely understand that the price drop has created a backlog at the BB store, but even today, the message on the site states "Notice to Customers: Due to high volume of PlayBook orders, orders may take up to 7 days to ship".

It has now been 11 days and mine has not shipped. It's all about managing expectations. How difficult is that?
    12-05-11 07:49 AM
    Word son. I share the same thoughts. I'm hoping mine arrives today, I placed an order the 28.
    12-05-11 07:53 AM
    There are multiple threads dealing with this issue.
    12-05-11 08:05 AM
    Some people have been receiving them before they show shipped on the order status. I ordered mine on the 23rd, but chose the free shipping. Once I found out they were coming from an American company affected by the Thanksgiving Holiday, I wasn't hopeful of getting it last week even before the email on shipping delays.

They have had the whole weekend to get caught up and I suspect lots of people will be getting them this week, particularly if they are in the USA. I was told my international order with free shipping is coming Fedex ground, so that will probably add a week to the process. I bought them as Christmas gifts, so as long as they get here before Dec 25th, I will put up with the delay to save the $300 each.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-05-11 at 08:16 AM.
    12-05-11 08:10 AM
    Yup same here.
    I ordered mine on 11/25 and it still hasnt been shipped yet.
    12-05-11 09:48 AM
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I ordered my 64 GB PlayBook on 11/28/2011 and received it on 12/02/2011. Wanted to share that I'm really pleased with the experience. Ordered another one on 12/02/2011 and I'm sure that I will receive it before Christmas. It's a gift for my wife.

Regards,
    12-05-11 12:57 PM
    Congrats and welcome. BTW, where did you order from?
    12-05-11 01:03 PM
    Thank you. I ordered from shop.blackberry.com
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 01:04 PM
    I ordered mine on the 25th. Today would make today the 6th "business day" since I ordered mine. Hopefully it will get shipped out by tomorrow. More than likely it will be in my hands this coming Friday or the following Monday. Relax young grasshoppers, you'll get your toy
    12-05-11 01:09 PM
    I ordered mine from shop.blackberry.com, they ignored all my emails require cancellation. it's shipped already
    12-05-11 01:12 PM
    Some here have had some issues with the ordering process, and I suspect there may be more to the story then is told by some of our membership. I ordered an additional three from sbb and got them in short order. My neighbor ordered hers as well recently, and will receive hers on Wednesday.
    12-05-11 01:15 PM
    more to the story than is told by some of our membership? what is that supposed to mean? I can understand some who may have received theirs if they ordered 32g or 64g early since the shortage was mainly for the 16g or perhaps a difference in demand between US orders or Canada, but to imply that for whatever reason the "membership" is being dishonest about our experience and are still waiting is frankly rude. Since you are so much in the tank for the bb store, I have no problem giving you my order number and you can help solve it for me.
    12-05-11 01:36 PM
    I purchased. 32GB playbook on the 29th received the conformation email minutes later and that is all I have heard from shopblackberry. I checked my account on it shipped on Dec 1st. I haven't received any email or information on when it shipped, the carrier, or when to expect it. I hoping it comes in the next three days. So yeah there are some issues with buying with that site. I haven't tried contacting them yet but I will if Thursday gets here and no playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-11 02:01 PM
    I just ordered a 64 GB from Walmart.com (first 32 GB suffered a tragic demise ... don't ask). It's scheduled for delivery on 12/13.
    12-05-11 02:11 PM
    I purchased. 32GB playbook on the 29th received the conformation email minutes later and that is all I have heard from shopblackberry. I checked my account on it shipped on Dec 1st. I haven't received any email or information on when it shipped, the carrier, or when to expect it. I hoping it comes in the next three days. So yeah there are some issues with buying with that site. I haven't tried contacting them yet but I will if Thursday gets here and no playbook.

Have they taken the money from your credit card ?
    12-05-11 02:14 PM
    more to the story than is told by some of our membership? what is that supposed to mean? I can understand some who may have received theirs if they ordered 32g or 64g early since the shortage was mainly for the 16g or perhaps a difference in demand between US orders or Canada, but to imply that for whatever reason the "membership" is being dishonest about our experience and are still waiting is frankly rude. Since you are so much in the tank for the bb store, I have no problem giving you my order number and you can help solve it for me.
    Yeah, that poster seems to imply we have some shady problems with our orders that we cant reveal, and because he got his super fast he must be pukkah.
    kdhanani likes this.
    12-05-11 02:15 PM
    Have they taken the money from your credit card ?
    I don't know. I don't have an online account with my credit card so I can't check. I will call them tomorrow and see if there is a charge from shopblackberry. The playbook didn't show up today.
    12-05-11 04:50 PM
    I don't know. I don't have an online account with my credit card so I can't check. I will call them tomorrow and see if there is a charge from shopblackberry. The playbook didn't show up today.
    My Mother in law ordered my PB for me and shes an old lady who is not to well at the moment so i don't like to call her up asking if moneys gone from her account.
    12-05-11 05:05 PM
    Ordered mine on NOV 27th and had it on my doorstep by Dec. 3rd. I used free shipping and it was 16gb.
    Sidenote..... just TODAY, Dec. 5th i got notice from ShopBlackberry that it was on it's way and they had a tracking number. Kind of funny since I already had it for DAYS
    12-05-11 05:48 PM
    anyone is Canada order on the 24 and received it yet? Today would be the 8th business day and my status is still "received"... its a shame, it was a birthday gift for a buddy that already passed.
    12-05-11 09:51 PM
    Just found my shipping email in my junk folder. Shopblackberry says it was shipped Dec 1st but the Post Office says they were notified it was ready to be shipped the 5th. Can't track it until tomorrow. So we'll see. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope things get worked out to your satisfaction.
    12-05-11 11:18 PM
    On the 12th day, my status changed to shipped. wohooo. Can't wait.
    12-06-11 07:19 AM
    I ordered mine on 11/24 received no shipping confirmation. Haven't had a reply from any of my inquires. I don't know. I am a really patient person. But I doubt I will be seeing mine before Dec 25

12-07-11 10:52 PM
    Just found my shipping email in my junk folder. Shopblackberry says it was shipped Dec 1st but the Post Office says they were notified it was ready to be shipped the 5th. Can't track it until tomorrow. So we'll see. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope things get worked out to your satisfaction.
    This is like mine, SBB say it was shipped on the 1st but it looks like the 5th was the shipping day.

Good luck with the tracking number.
    12-07-11 10:56 PM
    On the 12th day, my status changed to shipped. wohooo. Can't wait.
    Don't hold your breath, to Globalware "Shipped" can mean lay in the warehouse for Five days while they fill up another UPS mail innovations trailer.
    12-07-11 10:58 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD