My local source has 10 in stock a according to thesource.ca. We in Canada can use US shipping services which give a US address and forward to our Canadian address. Is there such a thing for Americans trying to buy Canadian items
    05-21-12 05:17 PM
    Well, my friend just bought us Victoria Clipper tickets but we have not arrived at a date yet. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to detour to a Source shop (yeah, sure, you betcha!!! ) - just checking out a location!
    05-21-12 06:25 PM
    Had mine for about a month and love it. I got mine from the source.ca for 99.00. Free shipping if you have it shipped to the local store. Took 3 business days. Not sure why the price is 20.00 cheaper than directly from Blackberry.

I find I use the keyboard for the typing and still screen scroll with the thumbs and tap with the fingers, but the keyboard is definitely a keeper.
    05-21-12 08:21 PM
    Yes. The Source stores in Canada are carrying them and generally have stock if you are able to get to here. Not much consolation for the rest of the world.

I have had mine since March and this is one of the few times i've been typing without it. Hard to get used to thumb typing again!

Hopefully the orders start flowing more quickly. It's crazy how long some people have been waiting.
    Got mine last week at "The Source" on sale for 99 bucks. I don't think I'll ever use my laptop again.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-21-12 08:55 PM
    Just wanted to ask a question please about the Bluetooth Keyboard at the Source.

Quote from add "When it needs a charge, simply plug the keyboard into your PlayBook charger"

Does this include the fast charger with magnetic connection.
    05-22-12 03:48 PM
    Just wanted to ask a question please about the Bluetooth Keyboard at the Source.

Quote from add "When it needs a charge, simply plug the keyboard into your PlayBook charger"

Does this include the fast charger with magnetic connection.
    I would say no. The only charging port on my keyboard is the little mini usb end one.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-22-12 05:42 PM
    I would say no. The only charging port on my keyboard is the little mini usb end one.
    Thanks for the info, I forgot to ask can you plug in the keyboard when the case is closed, and how long does it take to charge and one other thing how many hours would you say a charge lasts, I think I remember reading some place that it can go for days without a charge but that might have been about a different keyboard.
    And thanks again for the answers today and yesterday much appreciated.
    05-22-12 06:06 PM
    For what it's worth their starting to show up on ebay from one large vendor. $114.00 with FREE shipping. I just purchased one yesterday so waiting for mine. I would have tried thesource.ca, but being here in the US I wasn't able to have it shipped here.
    05-23-12 11:02 AM
    Batch went out today from crackberry, got mail it was shipped today after ordering few weeks ago, dunno how many lol.
    05-23-12 03:18 PM
    For what it's worth their starting to show up on ebay from one large vendor. $114.00 with FREE shipping. I just purchased one yesterday so waiting for mine. I would have tried thesource.ca, but being here in the US I wasn't able to have it shipped here.
    I was going to buy from the same guy Let me know your experience?
    05-23-12 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the info, I forgot to ask can you plug in the keyboard when the case is closed, and how long does it take to charge and one other thing how many hours would you say a charge lasts, I think I remember reading some place that it can go for days without a charge but that might have been about a different keyboard.
    And thanks again for the answers today and yesterday much appreciated.
    No problem! That's what these forums are for!

I haven't actually timed a charge - but I think the first one took 3 -4 hours. Then I made the mistake of turning the keyboard off whenever I wasn't using it. The charge lasted 3 days. I read in the forums that you should leave it on all the time - so I charged it again and this time just left the keyboard on. That charge lasted about 30 days. I couldn't believe the difference. So I've had it since March 23rd - and have charged it a total of 3 times including that first one.

The charging port is on the side so yes you can close the case while you charge it. My only gripe is that the same isn't true of the playbook - you have to have the case open to charge the pb in the case.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-23-12 09:24 PM
    No problem! That's what these forums are for!

I haven't actually timed a charge - but I think the first one took 3 -4 hours. Then I made the mistake of turning the keyboard off whenever I wasn't using it. The charge lasted 3 days. I read in the forums that you should leave it on all the time - so I charged it again and this time just left the keyboard on. That charge lasted about 30 days. I couldn't believe the difference. So I've had it since March 23rd - and have charged it a total of 3 times including that first one.

The charging port is on the side so yes you can close the case while you charge it. My only gripe is that the same isn't true of the playbook - you have to have the case open to charge the pb in the case.
    30 day thats nice to hear, I was thinking 1 week would be good 2 week would be great, finally dawned on me yesterday to look for a YouTube vid and found a couple that showed the keyboard close up and demonstrated it's use, based on your feedback and what I seen on the vids I've gone ahead and order one, thanks, the first couple of weeks the on screen keyboard didn't bother me to much but the longer I have the playbook the more typing I'm doing and I'm not enjoying it, I think the separate keyboard will be answer for me, I didn't want to jump in feet first and spend half the price of the playbook without knowing how useful it would be, I really appreciate your input.

The case I have now it the same way, needs to be open to charge when using the original charger but will partial close with the fast charger, I'll cross my fingers and hop this is true for the keyboard case, if you don't have the fast charger you should really consider it, much nicer, just get the lead within 1/4 of an inch and it snaps home much better than trying to line up that little usb connector.

I have a funny story about charging, my son was home for a few day and we were downstairs in the workshop tinkering, I had the playbook on the workbench charging and the little cat you see as my avatar was downstairs with us, all of a sudden we could hear voices, when we went to investigate the cat was sitting there nice as you please watching a YouTube vid of a little dear running around a field, there was no apps running when I put it on charge, he likes to wonder around my workbench looking for potential toys and he must have just stepped in the right spots on the screen, it realty was funny as h*ll, I would have liked to get a vid of it but I couldn't because the cat was using my playbook.

Thanks very much for the input and the help.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-24-12 07:31 AM
    30 day thats nice to hear, I was thinking 1 week would be good 2 week would be great, finally dawned on me yesterday to look for a YouTube vid and found a couple that showed the keyboard close up and demonstrated it's use, based on your feedback and what I seen on the vids I've gone ahead and order one, thanks, the first couple of weeks the on screen keyboard didn't bother me to much but the longer I have the playbook the more typing I'm doing and I'm not enjoying it, I think the separate keyboard will be answer for me, I didn't want to jump in feet first and spend half the price of the playbook without knowing how useful it would be, I really appreciate your input.

The case I have now it the same way, needs to be open to charge when using the original charger but will partial close with the fast charger, I'll cross my fingers and hop this is true for the keyboard case, if you don't have the fast charger you should really consider it, much nicer, just get the lead within 1/4 of an inch and it snaps home much better than trying to line up that little usb connector.

I have a funny story about charging, my son was home for a few day and we were downstairs in the workshop tinkering, I had the playbook on the workbench charging and the little cat you see as my avatar was downstairs with us, all of a sudden we could hear voices, when we went to investigate the cat was sitting there nice as you please watching a YouTube vid of a little dear running around a field, there was no apps running when I put it on charge, he likes to wonder around my workbench looking for potential toys and he must have just stepped in the right spots on the screen, it realty was funny as h*ll, I would have liked to get a vid of it but I couldn't because the cat was using my playbook.
    That's too cute! Lol

The rapid charger is going to be my next purchase.
    05-24-12 07:41 AM
    That's too cute! Lol

The rapid charger is going to be my next purchase.
    I don't know if they still have them but I purchased mine online through staples it was $34.99 then when I went to the check out the shipping was going to be $15 because the order was under $50 dollars, I thought p*ss on that I went back and ordered two for $70, free shipping, said to my wife that's to good to be true I wonder how long they'll take to come, that was 6 pm, 7 am the next morning the courier was banging on the door and I had two fast chargers, one for my workshop downstairs , one for the upstairs, and keep the original in the vehicle, worked out great.
    You should check if I remember correctly they could only be ordered online.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-24-12 08:38 AM
    Cheers for the ebay tip, I found a UK seller pricing it at �76.38 with free delivery. I'll report back later on how I got on!
    05-24-12 03:54 PM
    Since the keyboard uses Bluetooth I guess it is not possible to use the keyboard and BB Bridge at the same time?
    05-25-12 02:46 AM
    Since the keyboard uses Bluetooth I guess it is not possible to use the keyboard and BB Bridge at the same time?
    You can use both. For want of a better terminology - BT can multi-task and do two or more things at once.
    05-25-12 08:34 AM
    Keyboard came yesterday and it's great, nice to have letters and numbers all in one place, makes typing much more pleasant, type out a document quickly pop up the on screen keyboard go through the spelling and done, and being a DOS Dinosaur love the cut, copy, paste, keyboard shortcuts, wish ctrl + F worked in browser.
    Nice to have the little touch pad makes it much easier browsing on the net to click a small link or to close a pop up with them d*m small little x's on youtube.
    Money well spent unlike some of the app's I've purchased
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-26-12 06:48 AM
    I cry every time I read these posts. I ordered mine on April 19th and inquired with shop crackberry.com this past week and they are still waiting on rim for more shipments so they can continue to fulfill their orders. But I am glad that everyone is happy with their keyboard.. Can't wait...
    05-26-12 09:22 AM
    I cry every time I read these posts. I ordered mine on April 19th and inquired with shop crackberry.com this past week and they are still waiting on rim for more shipments so they can continue to fulfill their orders. But I am glad that everyone is happy with their keyboard.. Can't wait...
    Uhm, I ordered one after you, may 5th and it just shipped the other day, above has my post about it, might want to dig a little deeper about yours lol
    Last edited by jwn66; 05-27-12 at 06:37 PM.
    apantages likes this.
    05-26-12 05:10 PM
    I ordered on April 12 and am still waiting. Looking forward to the new keyboard...
    05-29-12 08:51 AM
    Uhm, I ordered one after you, may 5th and it just shipped the other day, above has my post about it, might want to dig a little deeper about yours lol
    Did you order yours from shopcrackberry?

I ordered on April 12 and am still waiting. Looking forward to the new keyboard...
    That is interesting... I ordered mine on April 9th and am still waiting too.

Russ.
    05-29-12 09:09 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD