Riddle me this, people...

A little bit prior to the OS2 update, I discovered that for some unknown reason all my saved bookmarks have disappeared from my PlayBook browser. I've also been unable to save any new ones, or view a history as I browse web pages. This has only been an issue for the regular browser - all bookmarks remain when I use the bridge browser.
    It's been a little tedious to have to manually type in the web addresses I use, but I hadn't bothered to do anything about it to date, as I was hoping the soon to be released OS update might correct it. Sadly, the issue remains.
    Any ideas - bright or otherwise?

Thanks in advance for sharing your collective knowledge!

By the way, am loving the new OS update so far!
    02-22-12 03:51 PM
    If you have your private browsing turned to OFF and you clear history on the PB everything in bookmarks is gone.Go to your privacy security setting and make sure it is set to on,then in the future you will not lose your bookmarks.Also if you happen to do a clear all in the privacy security setting you will probably lose them.
    Last edited by Goldwing07; 02-22-12 at 04:21 PM.
    Pmungus likes this.
    02-22-12 04:17 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've checked my browsing settings, and they're all turned on except for the web inspector. Still no history or bookmarks Any other ideas?
    02-22-12 05:01 PM
    I leave pop ups to OFF because some things will not respond,personal preference. I will get back to you asap unless someone else jumps in with ideas.
    Pmungus likes this.
    02-22-12 05:07 PM
    I've managed to find a bit of a work-around. All I've done is created a bookmarks folder, then saved the individual pages onto the desktop and then moved them into the folder. Same same, but different.
    02-26-12 01:27 AM
    Go back to your privacy and security settings turn all settings off except keep Page history ( set this for 30 days) , then do a hard reset
    01-13-13 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD