I see where another thread was started some time ago about this, but here I go anyway.

Bought my PlayBook a year ago, yesterday went and got a Z10 for the wife... thought she'd enjoy having her own PB too.

So, long search told short, can't find any instore anywhere, nor more worryingly any in online retailers. Best Buy, Staples, Amazon, etc and nothing.

Anyone know why? I see where speculation has been going on and off for years about the PB being discontinued, but what else answers the complete lack of them anywhere?
    02-07-13 01:48 AM
    02-07-13 01:54 AM
    That is right most vendors have stopped selling them on the claims that it has been discontinued. I really wish BBRY would make a statement about it.
    02-07-13 03:29 AM
    They probably hoarding it...
    02-07-13 04:55 AM
    not hoarding,,, there's plenty on Amazon...
    02-07-13 06:26 AM
    .....long time passing
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-07-13 06:36 AM
    Wal-Mart still has the 32GB version in stores.
    02-07-13 03:20 PM
    Anyone find any LTE versions in stores?

I know where I can get more from mobile providers.
    02-07-13 04:21 PM
    It isn't just the retail stores that are saying they're discontinued, it's the distributors as well. At least one major distributor in Canada, Ingram Micro, stated that the Wifi-only PlayBooks are discontinued. If distribution doesn't have them, not sure how retail stores would re-stock.

I'm assuming whatever stock is still out there is stock from the original batch of PlayBooks are not new ones. Just like how Amazon is still able to sell retail copies of Windows XP Pro and Vista.

Like a previous poster said, we need an official statement from BlackBerry about the PlayBooks.
    02-07-13 04:37 PM
    From what I heard from my contacts at Best Buy. Blackberry pulled the Playbook off the market due to poor sales of last summers new WiFi Playbook. The Playbook will still get software updates and apps,just BB has stopped making them due to lack of public demand.
    02-07-13 06:14 PM
    From what I heard from my contacts at Best Buy. Blackberry pulled the Playbook off the market due to poor sales of last summers new WiFi Playbook. The Playbook will still get software updates and apps,just BB has stopped making them due to lack of public demand.
    What new WiFi PlayBook? You mean the LTE one? It was never released at retail in the first place. As for lack of public demand, the stock in and stock outs reported throughout back to school suggest otherwise.

I would suggest RIM is simply out and getting out of retail, focusing on less expensive channels for now
    02-07-13 06:17 PM
    For the 64Gb version alone, Amazon UK has four pages of listings for them. Seems to be no shortage here at the moment.
    02-07-13 08:49 PM