I emailed a document to my pb clicked save as but have no idea where it is and if I try to save and open it says it already exists. I've looked in docs to go and file manager

Please help as getting slightly frustrated with it
    05-04-12 04:03 PM
    If it's not in your documents folder, check your download folder.
    05-04-12 04:19 PM
    Hi pob

If you saved it from an email attachment, then it's probably in your downloads folder

on my PlayBook:
    the usual document repository is - playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/documents
    the downloads folder is - playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/downloads

Unfortunately the native File Manager is rubbish- so it is very difficult to find your downloaded documents

The best PB app purchase I have ever made is "Files and Folders" by Innovatology - this will enable you to see all your PlayBook folders, and open whichever document you need to (it also allows you to see your BB Folders over Bridge, and has support for cloud services such as SugarSync/DropBox/Box - which I think is pretty neat).

The app cost me �2 or �3 - and I always recommend it as a mandatory purchase, for anybody I am helping with setting up their new PlayBook

Hope this helps
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 05-04-12 at 04:28 PM. Reason: edit
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-04-12 04:25 PM
    I emailed a document to my pb clicked save as but have no idea where it is and if I try to save and open it says it already exists. I've looked in docs to go and file manager

Please help as getting slightly frustrated with it
    Did you save it as an xls? If it was saved with an xlc docs to go doesnt support it. On bbos you'll get a message file not supported. I dont know if docs to go on PB even sees the file if it has an unsupported extention. If you used msoffice 08 or later when you save use "save as" and select xls from prompt.
    05-04-12 04:26 PM
    I'm afraid I'm not very techy but it says xlr at the end of it.

A couple of you mentioned the download folder where will I find that?
    05-04-12 04:31 PM
    Hi pob

After you have downloaded an attachment, you then have to tap on the attachment again - this time you should get the option to Save&Open

The excel file must be an xls - DocsToGo doesn't support xlsx

Does this make sense?

Alex
    05-04-12 04:46 PM
    Download "Air Browser" (free) from app world. Open Air and on the left hand side of the screen you'll see "Downloads". Tap on that and you should see your document. Tap on the document and a menu will pop up. If your PB can open the doc, one of the menu options will be "open".
    05-04-12 04:48 PM
    Hi pob

If you are using the Bridge Email (from your BlackBerry phone) then the attachment will be saved on your phone....

If you are using Native Email - then all the posts on this thread should be relevant
    05-04-12 04:53 PM
    I'm afraid I'm not very techy but it says xlr at the end of it.

A couple of you mentioned the download folder where will I find that?
    Xlr isnt supported. Xls and xlsx is. What you'll have to do is open your file on your pc hit your f12 and in the "save as" menu save as .xls. Then resend.
    05-04-12 05:20 PM
    Hi pob

If you are using the Bridge Email (from your BlackBerry phone) then the attachment will be saved on your phone....

If you are using Native Email - then all the posts on this thread should be relevant
    Yup. IF Bridged Mail was used, it will be on the phone deep down: Phone/Blackberry/Documents/Bridge
    05-04-12 06:38 PM
    Xlr isnt supported. Xls and xlsx is. What you'll have to do is open your file on your pc hit your f12 and in the "save as" menu save as .xls. Then resend.
    Aaaaaah ok thank you I'll try that and see.
    Thank you for your help
    05-04-12 10:47 PM
    Aaaaaah ok thank you I'll try that and see.
    Thank you for your help
    Yes sir, let us know if get it. I dunno if the native file manager will show the xlr file. Download air browser so you can delete the xlr file.
    05-04-12 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD