Hey guys,
    Im looking for a website where i can legally download a movie directly to my playbook through the browser. I cant seem to find one that will play nice with the broswer and also not freakin store the movie in "the cloud" (god i hate that term). I want the whole movie file right here on my device for offline viewing. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 05:21 PM
    In the new OS 2 update there is going to be a movie store. I'm pretty excited for that since I don't feel like fighting with all the converting files junk.

Elite1 likes this.
    10-03-11 05:26 PM
    I don't think you're going to find it for any mainstream movies. The studios still insist on DRM so there's no website offering unencumbered play anywhere movies. Until they offer non-restricted movies the only way they'll be available for the PB is a PB-specific service. RIM did mention on their last earnings call they'd be launching one, but that hasn't happened yet. If anyone had released a movie app I expect we'd have heard about it.
    10-03-11 05:28 PM
    hmm ok well it was worth a shot. Thanks for the quick replies guys!

10-03-11 05:29 PM
    Oooh, I hadn't heard about the movie store coming to the PB. That's pretty exciting. Can't wait to see that. With an HDMI cable that would be great.
    10-03-11 05:40 PM
    thepi.....oh wait. Never mind.
    10-03-11 06:00 PM
    Ya, I second that... More and more I'm looking forward to bb movie store... I am sooooo sick of being tied to itunes... I hate giving crapple my money :s

10-03-11 06:12 PM
    Rip and download. I use a service that I paid $35 for. They even created a rip format for my son's BB 9330 when I asked them to. I rip movies and download to my Playbook when I travel. With headphones....awesome!
    10-03-11 07:37 PM
    thepi.....oh wait. Never mind.
    haahaahah nice one.

to OP - youtube.com has movies to purchase too.
    10-04-11 12:03 AM
    I can't wait for the movie store but DVD to Go to convert is the way to go in the mean time.
    10-04-11 05:44 AM
    I cannot seem to find any movies anywhere that fit the playbook's screen size without it resizing the image.
    10-04-11 05:53 AM
    Rip and download. I use a service that I paid $35 for. They even created a rip format for my son's BB 9330 when I asked them to. I rip movies and download to my Playbook when I travel. With headphones....awesome!
    Yes, what service is it though? The rest of us would liek to do this. Links, etc needed!

Thanks
    10-04-11 03:46 PM
    I convert my DVDs to files. Its not too illegal as I dont distribute or sell them, I just use the movies I bought a long time ago in a different manner. I suppose I could be prosecuted but the studio would have a hard time showing damages.
    10-04-11 06:56 PM
    Yes, what service is it though? The rest of us would liek to do this. Links, etc needed!

Thanks
    magicdvdripper.com is what I use. They offer a trial period too. It being the only product of this type I've ever used, I can't really compare....but I think it's awesome. They have multiple formats to download to and the customer service is great.
    10-04-11 09:31 PM
    I convert my DVDs to files. Its not too illegal as I dont distribute or sell them, I just use the movies I bought a long time ago in a different manner. I suppose I could be prosecuted but the studio would have a hard time showing damages.
    Under the circumstances you described, you needn't worry about being prosecuted. The license you purchase when you buy a movie generally permits the kind of usage you describe.
    10-04-11 09:35 PM
    I rip my own from my dvds as well. I use Any DVD, which I have had for years now, to remove the protection. Then you can use a number of different dvd conversion software to convert it. They have a good one called clone dvd mobile. Thor looks great on the Playbook.
    10-04-11 09:50 PM
    Amazon has instant video for rent or purchase. if you purchase, you can access your video library to watch and download to your PC. My question is...how do synch with the PB?
    10-05-11 06:09 AM
    Amazon has instant video for rent or purchase. if you purchase, you can access your video library to watch and download to your PC. My question is...how do synch with the PB?
    As far as I know, you can't. I've tried myself and there are safeguards that prevent that. So far the best way I have found to download movies to my Playbook is to "rip and download".
    10-05-11 06:16 AM
    Hey guys,
    Im looking for a website where i can legally download a movie directly to my playbook through the browser. I cant seem to find one that will play nice with the broswer and also not freakin store the movie in "the cloud" (god i hate that term). I want the whole movie file right here on my device for offline viewing. Any ideas?

Go to Amazon. You can download movies and play them on the PB. Yes, they charge for the movie rights.
    jamesharmeling and recompile like this.
    10-05-11 06:54 AM
    Try crackle.com
    10-05-11 07:30 AM
    Go to Amazon. You can download movies and play them on the PB. Yes, they charge for the movie rights.
    Amazon is pretty cool, but you can only download into their player and stream the movies. I believe the ot was referring to downloading movies to watch offline and again, as far as I know we can't do that with Amazon. If anybody knows different, do tell!
    10-05-11 07:36 AM
    I use DVD Fab to rip my DVDs/Blu-rays. I already have Transformers 3 and Fast Five on my PB and the PQ looks amazing!
    10-05-11 07:51 AM
    Do you guys have any good sites for streaming stuff?

I use rogersondemand (In Canada) as I subscribe to Rogers and get free online access to that, and the streaming is quite good! Never any buffering issues.
    10-05-11 08:05 AM
    YouTube, Crackle, NFB, topdocumentaryfilms.com to name a few.
    10-05-11 08:08 AM
    Do you guys have any good sites for streaming stuff?

I use rogersondemand (In Canada) as I subscribe to Rogers and get free online access to that, and the streaming is quite good! Never any buffering issues.
    Google projectfreetv. It's a long URL.
    10-05-11 08:17 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD