Here's the thing about this theory though. To me, having said so much already and after having missed so many deadlines - I think that RIM really is morally obligated to say something to its customers who listened to and beleived this stuff.

Someone somewhere should say something like: "We understand that we have announced a lot of things for Playbook that we have not released. We also understand that we have set a lot of deadlines that we have not met. This has been as frustrating to us as it has been to you. The only thing that we can say is that we are working on a major update for Playbook and we want you to be happy with it just like we want to be happy with the work that we have done. Many components of this major update are being beta tested. Others are being completed and readied for beta testing. When we are in a position to announce a firm release date, we will do that. We appreciate your patience."

I agree that Balsillie should not be allowed to speak in public. At best, he comes across like a snake oil salesman. At worst, he is unintelligible.
    I am glad somebody understands "moral obligation". Thankgoodness for rim, there is no legally binding contracts holding them to their word. This is why there ARE legally binding contracts. Imagine a road and bridge contractor taking a $499 million dollar contract, delivering half the highway, saying "stage X completed by 60 days, stage Y ready by end of summer and the working, open highway demonstrated Oct 18-20".... and none of these deadlines are met? You can hear the stampede of lawyers now...

No, in this environment, a person's word is his bond, and the whole concept of integrity involves doing what you say or you lose consumer goodwill.

How baseless is it that there are even half a dozen rim zombies left still saying that all of Balsillies gaffes dont matter? How much marketshare do they want to see rim lose and how far do they want to see rim stock fall?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 10-21-11 at 09:12 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-21-11 09:08 AM
    I guess I've come to the conclusion there is nothing for them to really blog about other than what happened. The CB team cannot disclose anything they've privately been shown.

I imagine that the only "info" we can get will be leaks from "undisclosed" parties.

As others have noted, at the whatever it was last month, they indicated that new things would be shown including a qnx phone - nothing was shown from what I can tell. New development tools but nothing concrete on the UI and/or changes in apps, native mail, etc.
    10-21-11 09:41 AM
    How baseless is it that there are even half a dozen rim zombies left still saying that all of Balsillies gaffes dont matter? How much marketshare do they want to see rim lose and how far do they want to see rim stock fall?
    I remember people claiming that "60 days" really meant sixty business days. In retrospect, those people and those claims are kind of sad. People wanted very desperately to believe even though all common sense said it was foolish.
    10-21-11 09:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD