Hey guys,

Question, Got my playbook the other day from a retailer but it turned out to have dead pixels and a scratch so going to give it another shot and buy it from Staples.

So my question is does anyone have any coupons for Staples I can use for the playbook they can PM or maybe let me know where to find them at online? I googled and found people saying they were using Staples coupons for the playbook but I didn't find any that worked. Thanks regardless in advance and have a great weekend!!!

Josh
    04-29-11 08:16 AM
    If you find coupons how much you think you will save? I don't think you will save a heck of a lot maybe $20 if lucky
    04-29-11 08:21 AM
    I've seen some people saving $30-$55 from Staples. Anything helps as I bought mine out of state so I have to ship it back on my dime even though it had quite a few issues, dead pixels, the back of the unit wasn't flat and also it came scratched.
    04-29-11 08:32 AM
    If I find something I will let you know
    04-29-11 08:37 AM
    My understanding that these coupons are only good for accessories and not the device itself.
    04-29-11 08:39 AM
    Yes, I just find that out by a friend of mine
    04-29-11 08:48 AM
    Forget it - Staples will not honour any coupons towards the PlayBook. A lot of us have been there and ordered only to receive an email that they won't apply to the PB and that the order will be cancelled.

There are lots of threats talking about this, here is one just fyi

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ca...coupon-600640/

AR
    Last edited by loonix; 04-29-11 at 08:53 AM.
    04-29-11 08:49 AM
    Awee shucks! I swear I could have seen a $25 off $100 Staples coupon somewhere. Maybe I was wrong though. Thanks guys regardless!!
    04-29-11 08:51 AM
    BTW, SHould I order my new unit from Staples or Best buy? I've heard about a lot of units with Dead pixels from Best buy but not so much Staples.
    04-29-11 08:57 AM
    BTW, SHould I order my new unit from Staples or Best buy? I've heard about a lot of units with Dead pixels from Best buy but not so much Staples.
    I guess from a hw defect perspective it is hit and miss and shouldn't matter where you get it. I think BestBuy has a better return policy and I think they have a 4x reward points promo on the PB. That way you can get some reward money for some accessories at least... I bought from BestBuy and my unit is flawless.

AR
    04-29-11 09:00 AM
    Coupons at office supply stores like Staples, Office Depot, etc., are never good on the hardware. Might be able to use it for accessories.
    04-29-11 09:09 AM
    For what its worth, the Sears scratch and save coupons also specifically excluded the Playbook. I did get a free screen protector with it though when I bought it at Sears last week.

I suspect most retailers will exclude the Playbook from discounts for the first few months.

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-29-11 at 09:18 AM.
    04-29-11 09:15 AM
    I used two $25 coupons left over from my T2i purchase's reward zone points earlier this year from best buy. they were about to expire. after tax, 32gb pb = $570 or so
    04-29-11 10:11 AM
    I used two $25 coupons left over from my T2i purchase's reward zone points earlier this year from best buy. they were about to expire. after tax, 32gb pb = $570 or so
    Reward Zone program is technically not coupons. You have to spend money to "earn" points toward future purchases. You "earn" about $5 for every $250 you spend. Those points are good on usually anything in the store.
    04-29-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD