I bought a new PB today, still in the box, and thought of that after I left the store. Anyway to tell without opening it up? With all the restocking fees I just wanted to check.

Thanks.
    02-29-12 03:00 PM
    Yes, the height was changed a while ago. I'd say that any PlayBook bought since late april should definitely have the raised power button.
    02-29-12 03:06 PM
    Yes, the height was changed a while ago. I'd say that any PlayBook bought since late april should definitely have the raised power button.
    Definitely not a safe bet. I bought one in the early fall with a flush button, and two of six I bought just before Christmas had flush buttons.

Possibly by now almost all the original stock is gone, but if I were really really concerned about this (and I'm totally not, since I almost never use the button) then I'd still want to check...
    02-29-12 04:19 PM
    Definitely not a safe bet. I bought one in the early fall with a flush button, and two of six I bought just before Christmas had flush buttons.

Possibly by now almost all the original stock is gone, but if I were really really concerned about this (and I'm totally not, since I almost never use the button) then I'd still want to check...
    Okay. I guess I stand corrected.
    02-29-12 04:26 PM
    Look at the manufacturing date on the box. From 2/2 of mine, those that were made in May have raised button.
    02-29-12 04:36 PM
    I'm not sure if it's when as much as where the PlayBook was made. I purchased my PlayBook the first week of May and my power button is "flush" (even with case)
    02-29-12 04:40 PM
    Still not open... On the side of the box right below "Accessories made in China" are the numbers; 191211. I would "assume" that is Dec 19, 2011.

I should be good????
    02-29-12 05:12 PM
    Still not open... On the side of the box right below "Accessories made in China" are the numbers; 191211. I would "assume" that is Dec 19, 2011.

I should be good????
    I would think it is. But I can't guarantee this for you!

All mine show made in Taiwan and Accessories made in China. There is one that says made for latin country region! It is weird, but there is additional sticker on the PB and Box. Also, the charger has yellow tip with adaptor for different prong needed in latin countries.
    02-29-12 05:21 PM
    Just opened the box, I'm good!!!
    02-29-12 05:35 PM
    Just opened the box, I'm good!!!
    Cheers to that and enjoy your new PB.
    02-29-12 05:41 PM
    I missed that, is it flushed or raised?
    02-29-12 05:50 PM
    I got my playbook a week or so ago. The powder button is noticeably raised.
    02-29-12 05:54 PM
    All my PlayBooks buttons are all flush a little little bit raised, can easily acces the buttons without any issue's.
    02-29-12 05:55 PM
    I got my playbook a week or so ago. The powder button is noticeably raised.
    Hahah your powder button! Noticably raised like same flush on the volume rocker buttons right?
    02-29-12 05:58 PM
    All PlayBooks were assembled in Taiwan. Some people think the date on the box is just that, the boxing date and not the date the PB was manufactured.
    02-29-12 05:59 PM
    I missed that, is it flushed or raised?
    Raised. Store display was flush, that's why I was a bit concerned.

Loading the update now...
    02-29-12 06:01 PM
    Raised. Store display was flush, that's why I was a bit concerned.

Loading the update now...
    Oh OK, you like the raised power button, I prefer flushed. Congrats on your new PlayBook and welcome to Crackberry
    02-29-12 06:11 PM
    Oh OK, you like the raised power button, I prefer flushed. Congrats on your new PlayBook and welcome to Crackberry
    With my fat fingers it makes it easier to use!

And Thanks!!
    02-29-12 06:44 PM
    All PlayBooks were assembled in Taiwan. Some people think the date on the box is just that, the boxing date and not the date the PB was manufactured.
    Well, for whatever it is worth, my PBs with March date stamped on the box both have flushed power button.
    02-29-12 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD