when is the next PB os update to come?

i thought we should expect one every 2 weeks, but it's been 3.5 weeks now! Either rim has forgotten about the PB or theyre cooking up something big that takes more than 2 weeks to roll out. heres to hoping it's the latter. maybe os 2.0???!
    08-17-11 04:26 PM
    end of sept. 2011 !!!
    08-17-11 04:28 PM
    psiclne likes this.
    08-17-11 04:33 PM
    May have to wait for the molasses in January.
    08-17-11 04:54 PM

i thought we should expect one every 2 weeks, but it's been 3.5 weeks now! Either rim has forgotten about the PB or theyre cooking up something big that takes more than 2 weeks to roll out. heres to hoping it's the latter. maybe os 2.0???!
    The Playbook updates have been in a monthly schedule, so the next one should be coming this week. Whether the next update includes all the goodies, nobody knows.
    08-17-11 05:10 PM
    We might see a small bone tossed to us between now and mid-September.

The "big" undate/upgrade a week or more, just before BB DevCon.
    Others have indicated this and it sounds good. Late September, late/mid.

The NDK coming out before the end of this month or the very first part
    of next month, again, before BB DevCon.

Tim
    08-17-11 05:10 PM
    Predicting when PB updates will come out is tougher than predicting the stock market ups and downs. In both cases common sense is not an element to consider in guessing what will happen or when it will happen.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-17-11 05:16 PM
    We might see a small bone tossed to us between now and mid-September.

The "big" undate/upgrade a week or more, just before BB DevCon.
    Others have indicated this and it sounds good. Late September, late/mid.

The NDK coming out before the end of this month or the very first part
    of next month, again, before BB DevCon.

Tim
    Devcon is in the middle of October (18-20). I will be gone by then if we go that long without any progress.
    08-17-11 05:18 PM
    How to know an update is coming:

1) Update is released into beta for devs to test.
    2) A new Bridge or BBM update hits for phones.
    3) Kevin posts that he heard an update is coming soon.
    4) An update just show up.

Question: What do these four have in common?

Answer: Either way, you'll find something posted here about it.

Unless you really need to download and install an update the second it's released (historically at midnight PST), You'll wake up to a nice surprise in the morning.

The updates have been coming around every 4 weeks. That's about the only definite thing that can be guessed (for past updates).
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-17-11 05:20 PM
    hopefully no more mediocre updates on rim's behalf.a superior change would be great.
    08-17-11 06:14 PM
    The day after the next bridge update.
    08-17-11 06:22 PM
    RIM only has 2 programmers. One was sick for 2 weeks, the other was working on OS7 updates. Now that the other guy is back he'll start working on the Playbook updates..
    oyalhi likes this.
    08-17-11 06:23 PM
    I would like to see a 1.1.X update come out. Think we've had enough of the 1.0.X versions!
    08-17-11 06:27 PM

Do we need yet another crybaby thread on this? Really?
    This serves no purpose, other than therapy for crybabies..
    My prediction holds. It will get here when it gets here.
    08-17-11 06:28 PM
    whenever people talk about pb updates why do they never talk about .mkv support??? this needs to be in the next update
    Infiniti14 likes this.
    08-17-11 06:40 PM
    Predicting when PB updates will come out is tougher than predicting the stock market ups and downs. In both cases common sense is not an element to consider in guessing what will happen or when it will happen.
    Yep, its all about inside information...
    08-17-11 07:03 PM
    whenever people talk about pb updates why do they never talk about .mkv support??? this needs to be in the next update
    You REALLY do dream, don't you!
    CrackMachine likes this.
    08-17-11 07:59 PM
    I once had the PB when it released but I returned it within the 14 days return policy.

Can anyone fill me in with the latest update that the PB now has? I'm planning to re buy one to pair it up with the 9900 lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-17-11 08:35 PM
    How to know an update is coming:

1) Update is released into beta for devs to test.
    2) A new Bridge or BBM update hits for phones.
    3) Kevin posts that he heard an update is coming soon.
    4) An update just show up.

Question: What do these four have in common?

Answer: Either way, you'll find something posted here about it.

Unless you really need to download and install an update the second it's released (historically at midnight PST), You'll wake up to a nice surprise in the morning.

The updates have been coming around every 4 weeks. That's about the only definite thing that can be guessed (for past updates).
    If we use recent history as a guide, an outbreak of "When's the next QNX update?" threads appear on Crackberry before # 1, above! So we may already be in countdown phase!
    08-17-11 08:50 PM
    I once had the PB when it released but I returned it within the 14 days return policy.

Can anyone fill me in with the latest update that the PB now has? I'm planning to re buy one to pair it up with the 9900 lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    It depends on when you had/returned it. Nothing truly substantial has been added - well, the videochat, photos can be rotate in portrait mode and some tweaks.
    08-17-11 09:52 PM
    It depends on when you had/returned it. Nothing truly substantial has been added - well, the videochat, photos can be rotate in portrait mode and some tweaks.
    In other words..... Not a whole heck of a lot. Still buggy as ****, still missing major functions, still missing major apps...

I don't mean to be so negative... Once some of this changes for the better... Then I'll be happy about my pb... Until then I'm content to whine - lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 10:08 PM
    Word. I'd like to watch my full HD stuff in crisp quality on my playbook, I currently don't use it for movies at all because there's no .mkv support and all my movies are in that format..
    08-17-11 10:30 PM
    Someone from RIM just told me "see you next tuesday"

Don't know if that was a clue or something.
    08-17-11 10:55 PM
    Just download ffmpeg and convert it by command line.

Zeranoe FFmpeg - Builds

avconv -i c:\source.mkv -c copy c:\destination.mp4
    Last edited by samab; 08-17-11 at 11:12 PM.
    backstage likes this.
    08-17-11 11:01 PM
    Someone from RIM just told me "see you next tuesday"

Don't know if that was a clue or something.
    I second that guess.

On the subject of update posts, why do people read them if they find them so unnecessary? Then find the need to post such? I for one enjoy reading them. Its just a bit fun, almost like the lottery. :-)

Whoever guesses correct should get a free 9900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kirson likes this.
    08-17-11 11:07 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD