View Poll Results: When do you think the next playbook will come?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • April

11 34.38%
  • May

6 18.75%
  • June

4 12.50%
  • July

1 3.13%
  • August

1 3.13%
  • September

1 3.13%
  • October

1 3.13%
  • November

3 9.38%
  • December

1 3.13%
  • Next Year

3 9.38%
    People tell me when do you expect the next playbook to come
    03-14-12 05:54 AM
    RIMM has said that the 3G PB will be out in April. With 3G,NFC, and the processor bumped to 1.5ghz.

But then again RIM has been having a hard time bringing things out on time so things may change. Also depends if the carriers will buy the 3G PB. I doubt RIM will try and go the Apple route with it and charge full price and then you get whatever data plan you want. I don't think they can sell any that way. The subsidized route is best for RIM, as it keeps the price low if you take a contract.
    03-14-12 06:12 AM
    Can you send me the link to show me that RIM said that it will out on april
    03-14-12 06:20 AM
    RIMM has said that the 3G PB will be out in April. With 3G,NFC, and the processor bumped to 1.5ghz.

But then again RIM has been having a hard time bringing things out on time so things may change. Also depends if the carriers will buy the 3G PB. I doubt RIM will try and go the Apple route with it and charge full price and then you get whatever data plan you want. I don't think they can sell any that way. The subsidized route is best for RIM, as it keeps the price low if you take a contract.
    PB2 is new playbook likely to come 4qtr of 2012 with 7inches and 10 inches loaded with BB10 powered by BBOS7 and PB OS3 and TAT imagination includig 3D UI of BB10 OS
    03-14-12 06:25 AM
    Can you send me the link to show me that RIM said that it will out on april
    Here is one link:

http://crackberry.com/telus-making-w...rsion-eol-list

Also this has been stated on many sites already.
    03-14-12 06:55 AM
    Keep in mind April marks 1 year that the PB has been out
    03-14-12 06:58 AM
    Will be announced tomorrow at an event being hosted by both RIM and T-Mobile.
    03-14-12 07:03 AM
    Will be announced tomorrow at an event being hosted by both RIM and T-Mobile.
    Impossible tomorrow
    03-14-12 07:11 AM
    Impossible tomorrow
    So then what is tomorrows event about then?
    03-14-12 07:14 AM
    All what you are saying is completely wrong because it is actually 4G not 3G
    03-14-12 07:41 AM
    All what you are saying is completely wrong because it is actually 4G not 3G
    Whatever you wanna call it call it, it's still launching in April.

And it's still actually 3G. It's HSPA+ not really true 4G. As that is LTE.

But then again who knows. Carriers are calling everything 4G nowadays. Heck ATT is calling the IPhone 4S 4G, now that it has 5.1 on it lol.
    Last edited by joecastrignano; 03-14-12 at 08:26 AM.
    03-14-12 07:45 AM
    Based on the fact that many carriers are incorrectly calling HSPA+ 4G, a lot of people are calling it faux-G, I've always liked that term for it.

Also, I'm not sure why everyone's up in arms over the iPhone 4S passing itself off as 4G, it's not like carriers haven't been marketing 3G phones as 4G for some time. Case in point: The BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900, the first 4G BlackBerry! BlackBerry Bold 9900 4G from Bell Mobility
    03-14-12 08:21 AM

I'm not sure its a good idea for RIM to release another Playbook while the iPad hype is still at full steam -- as it most certainly will be in April. I really enjoy my current Playbook and definitely would like to check out the new version but I will take a pass if it comes with a contract. I simply don't need cellular data on a tablet every month and I don't want to have to pay for it. Nor will I pay an inflated price to get it off contract only to deal with activation fees every time I need service in a particular month.

Contract or not, RIM needs to keep the price significantly under the cost of a comparable iPad if it wants these to sell. At least until there are more apps available.
    03-14-12 08:42 AM
    I surely also wont buy the new playbook because i dont use 3g and my playbook is very fast and i don't need it to be faster
    03-14-12 08:47 AM
    I simply don't need cellular data on a tablet every month and I don't want to have to pay for it.
    That's why there's shared data plans. Both my 9900 and my Rocket Mobile Internet Stick share data on one contract from Rogers. If I were interested in the new PB....which I'm not, that's the route (that's root not rout) I would go.

Although, being able to SMS and PIN from the PB would be sweet.
    When the LTE BB10 devices come out in a few months, then I'll probably change my mind.
    03-14-12 09:06 AM
    If you ask me, and no one has. It makes little sense to release a new PlayBook before:

1 - BB10 phones are released

2 - The current iPad furor dies down

Hopefully whenever it is released there will be a real advantage to upgrading.
    03-14-12 10:22 AM
    I thought a big selling point of the PB is the bridge and the fact that you won't need to pay two data plans. Members here were making fun of the cost of 4G/LTE plans advertised for the iPads...

... so isn't a 3G (4G or whatever) PB contradicting to the whole BB bridge mentality?
    03-14-12 11:04 AM
    I thought a big selling point of the PB is the bridge and the fact that you won't need to pay two data plans. Members here were making fun of the cost of 4G/LTE plans advertised for the iPads...

... so isn't a 3G (4G or whatever) PB contradicting to the whole BB bridge mentality?
    Yeah kind of but the new one might be faster or it might be the same. The second blackberry introduced the first playbook they said they will bring the 4g later on. They didn't say about anything about faster new playbook
    03-14-12 12:29 PM
    Yeah kind of but the new one might be faster or it might be the same. The second blackberry introduced the first playbook they said they will bring the 4g later on. They didn't say about anything about faster new playbook
    Either adding 3G/4G radio, or improved hardware will increase the cost of the PB. Yet, RIM knows the PB won't sell unless the price is substantially lower than iPad. But if they keep selling the current model, and the current price, they are not making any money, or even losing money.

Anyway you look at it, the situation is bad for RIM.
    03-14-12 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD