So I work at Best Buy in Vancouver, Canada. The rep recently came to our store and I asked him what was CONFIRMED to be in the box so far. He said charger, neoprene sleve, playbook, manuals and stuff like that. He said that the micro-hdmi cord was not included. Is this true?? Does anyone know 100% what comes in the box?? Sorry if this has been asked before!
    04-11-11 11:51 PM
    The rep I talked to at FS said that the micro-HDMI cable is included and in addition to the neoprene sleeve, charger, screen wipe, and the playbook. This has been confirmed by others in the forums too.
    04-12-11 12:03 AM
    So I work at Best Buy in Vancouver, Canada. The rep recently came to our store and I asked him what was CONFIRMED to be in the box so far. He said charger, neoprene sleve, playbook, manuals and stuff like that. He said that the micro-hdmi cord was not included. Is this true?? Does anyone know 100% what comes in the box?? Sorry if this has been asked before!
    my rep in calgary said no hdmi cable as well
    04-12-11 12:11 AM
    The Rep I saw Sunday said no micro HDMI cable.
    04-12-11 12:20 AM
    The Rep I saw Sunday said no micro HDMI cable.

First I heard that it was - but now everyone's saying it's not.

I don't care either way, already picked up a 15 ft one from monoprice
    04-12-11 12:25 AM
    I think there is some confusion between the micro usb which is used in the charger and the micro hdmi which is not included. If you look at the specs in the best buy site it's been confused. The say micro hdmi under the heading of USB Do people read this stuff?
    04-12-11 12:54 AM
    I think there is some confusion between the micro usb which is used in the charger and the micro hdmi which is not included. If you look at the specs in the best buy site it's been confused. The say micro hdmi under the heading of USB Do people read this stuff?
    Micro HDMI cable IS included...jeze, this has been discussed already. It was confirmed and I heard it first hand.
    04-12-11 12:57 AM
    Micro HDMI cable IS included...jeze, this has been discussed already. It was confirmed and I heard it first hand.
    The Rep at the Tustin Market Place told me no....
    04-12-11 01:06 AM
    I got mine from monoprice too, so doesn't really matter to me...
    04-12-11 01:12 AM
    theruined, That assumes that the person you heard it from knew the difference between a usb cable and an hdmi cable
    04-12-11 01:46 AM
    haha as you can see TONS of ppl are confused about this... i know my rep has only been a playbook rep for like 1 week not even... so i don't trust him all that much lol its still no big deal if it's NOT but i want to be certain to make sure if customers wonder the same thing!!
    04-12-11 01:51 AM
    Micro HDMI is NOT included.
    paulvr01 likes this.
    04-12-11 02:37 AM
    Micro HDMI is NOT included.
    I believe its not included either.
    04-12-11 04:41 AM
    the Best buy website only state:
    What's Included

BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
    Owner's manual
    04-12-11 05:06 AM
    i've posted this before..this is what is included...NO HDMI

• BlackBerry� PlayBook
    • Sleeve
    • Folding Blade Charger
    • USB cable
    • Screen wipe
    • Getting Started Guide
    • Safety Information booklet
    04-12-11 06:04 AM
    i've posted this before..this is what is included...NO HDMI

� BlackBerry� PlayBook
    � Sleeve
    � Folding Blade Charger
    � USB cable
    � Screen wipe
    � Getting Started Guide
    � Safety Information booklet
    Sorry Quest, didn't mean to ignore you but where do you get the resource as mine was written on the Bestbuy site.
    *i also prefer what you've posted
    04-12-11 07:01 AM
    I heard it comes with a ham sandwich.
    04-12-11 07:07 AM
    Sorry Quest, didn't mean to ignore you but where do you get the resource as mine was written on the Bestbuy site.
    *i also prefer what you've posted
    no worries =)

and i got it from official launce details from Bell Mobility...cellular service company here

it outlines the full details of the device as well as the accessories that they will be selling to go along with the playbook
    04-12-11 07:15 AM
    I just spoke with my gf's brother who works at RIM (doing OS development) and he said NO MICRO HDMI cable
    04-12-11 08:52 AM
    I just spoke with my gf's brother who works at RIM (doing OS development) and he said . . .
    Homeless guy on the corner just told me the same thing
    04-12-11 11:05 AM
    theruined, That assumes that the person you heard it from knew the difference between a usb cable and an hdmi cable
    He stood in front of a crowd of people and said "And we're even throwing in an HDMI cable so you'd have no excuses as to why you WON'T use the HDMI port! Isn't that fantastic"

So you're saying I heard wrong?

I'll put money on it
    04-12-11 12:09 PM
    He stood in front of a crowd of people and said "And we're even throwing in an HDMI cable so you'd have no excuses as to why you WON'T use the HDMI port! Isn't that fantastic"

So you're saying I heard wrong?

I'll put money on it
    Again, we'll see what it comes with come a week from now. Either way, I have my micro HDMI cable coming from Amazon so it should be at home any day now, but it would be an added bonus if there was one in the box as well
    04-12-11 12:12 PM
    Newbie here. Can someone explain the HBMI cable deal? If it comes with a cable why are you buying another? Which one exactly are you buying? Thanks for the help
    04-12-11 01:18 PM
    Newbie here. Can someone explain the HBMI cable deal? If it comes with a cable why are you buying another? Which one exactly are you buying? Thanks for the help
    The debate is whether or not the playbook is going to have an micro HDMI cable included in the box. Some say yes, some say no, either way, most of us have bought a cable for really cheap prices anyways just in case if it is not included.
    04-12-11 01:22 PM
    Why do you need a HBMI cable?
    04-12-11 01:27 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD