Will it come or was it just unsupported rumors? The wife has a birthday coming up and I may have to buy her an iPad. She does love my PB except for the size, always saying that if it came in a 10 incher she would buy it in a heartbeat.
    06-12-12 06:07 AM
    I hope so!!! I really, really want one.

Someone "in the know", please confirm.
    06-12-12 06:46 AM
    Will it come or was it just unsupported rumors? The wife has a birthday coming up and I may have to buy her an iPad. She does love my PB except for the size, always saying that if it came in a 10 incher she would buy it in a heartbeat.
    IMHO, no, you won't see a 10 " Playbook. The current Playbook is not flying off shelves. The company is too much on the ropes and it's live or die with BB10, if, RIM management has the balls to actually try. If not, they are already behind the scenes trying to figure out how to leave the business with the most cash in their pockets.

I will tell you this, I did not like the size of my Xoom. It's simply too big to carry outside the home. Too heavy, too akward, where the size of the current Playbook is very convenient.

Sorry if this was beyond the original question but there is a bigger picture.

Michaelaw
    06-12-12 06:55 AM
    I may have to buy her an iPad.
    You have the answer. You are already committed to buy the iPad, otherwise you would not have asked.
    06-12-12 07:19 AM
    I'm just back from the future to get you your answer. Society has collapsed. There is a mini ice age. Canada is under 3 kilometers of ice. The moon has slipped from earths gravity and smashed into Mars. Steve Jobs was retrieved from the cryotank. Apple's stock is $14,472 per share.

Oh, there is NO 10" PlayBook.
    06-12-12 07:28 AM
    10" tube TV ratio is the wrong size anyway.

9" widescreen is the correct size.

I hope RIM doesn't screw this up because people are chasing apple.

Apple is using planned obsolescence masterfully. One of their moves will be to release a widescreen iPad and everyone will "upgrade" because widescreen is "magical".
    06-12-12 07:37 AM
    You have the answer. You are already committed to buy the iPad, otherwise you would not have asked.
    I'm not committed to anything,I'm also looking at the Galaxy Tab and researching it "I may have to" implies that would be as a last option. Btw, she has the original iPad but is always complaining about not being able to watch certain videos because of lack of flash and having no cameras. So I'd be buying the iPad2 if I go that route.
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 06-12-12 at 08:34 AM.
    06-12-12 08:27 AM
    A 10"-er will come after BB10 launches
    06-12-12 08:36 AM
    A 10"-er will come after BB10 launches
    Dont forget, we also need to have the requisite "coming soon" announcement followed by "in 60 days" announcement.
    kennyliu and brucep1 like this.
    06-12-12 09:22 AM
    10 incher!?!? They still gotta get the 4g out the door.
    06-12-12 05:55 PM
    Size dosnt matter... just ask yer wife/girlfriend !! :P
    06-12-12 06:08 PM
    10" is called BlackForest it is still slated to be 'on' as a project for RIM but something that will come out AFTER BB 10 is released. (playbook will also run bb10 just later..)
    06-12-12 07:14 PM
    No point in waiting for what "might" come out... as I own a PB Ipad and Android.. My preference is Playbook... but I would choose an Ipad over Android in a minute.... again it is a personal thing but I find Android 4.03 a pain to use... the other issue with Android is OS upgades which depending on the tablet may or may not happen....

Good luck in your choice....
    06-12-12 07:28 PM
    But what you need from what is available when you need it.

Life is too short to hang around waiting for RIM or any other tech device.
    06-12-12 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD