From RIM's DevBlog:
    Prior to launch... big catch... gotta get it done quick - since playbook may be released in the March timeframe, maybe before.
    11-15-10 12:40 PM
    But are the development tools to do this, and do it right for apps, free? (got a link?) Or will this be where Adobe comes in and makes a lot of money and the reason you get the playbook free is because you had to shell out a ton of money to Adobe for the tools?
    If you don't mind using the command line compiler and packaging tools you don't need to spend any money. RIM hasn't documented it, but I wrote a How To which is now included in the Tablet OS SDK Knowledge Base.
    11-15-10 01:26 PM
    I think RIM should give a way about 5000 playbooks in order to have 5000 apps at launch . Remember Google gave away 5000 Nexus 1 to the developers to make app for android market?
    11-16-10 07:41 PM
    But are the development tools to do this, and do it right for apps, free? (got a link?) Or will this be where Adobe comes in and makes a lot of money and the reason you get the playbook free is because you had to shell out a ton of money to Adobe for the tools?
    I'm using the command-line tools (amxmlc, blackberry-air-packager, etc.) taylortbb has a really nice writeup on the BB Tablet OS SDK Forums on how to compile/deploy via command-line. Frankly, it's pretty simple to get up and rolling. For what it's worth, in the second webcast Prosantha mentioned that RIM was exploring with Adobe (?) the option for a lower-cost development environment.
    11-18-10 05:56 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD