Mine is that it alerts me when I'm getting a call. When at work my phone must be on silent. I use my PB for work so when it's in my hand i know when getting a call. So what r some of your favorite PB features?
    11-26-12 05:18 PM
    Certainly the combination D2G - qPDF Notes - BlueBox - Evernote - Calendar. All vital to write my papers and check my busy schedule.

Oh, and Battery Guru
    bdguru and robkd like this.
    11-26-12 05:30 PM
    Swipes & Gestures
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-26-12 07:02 PM
    Swiping and all that stuff.
    robkd likes this.
    11-26-12 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge.
    FF22 and robkd like this.
    11-26-12 07:56 PM
    This is a minor one but I love being able to "peek" at the status bar while in an app. Just dragging down from the top corners and seeing battery info, notifications, time, and wifi signal strength is great for me. Seems as though the QNX accuisition was great inspiration for RIM on BB10
    bdguru, BlazorBoy and robkd like this.
    11-26-12 07:57 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge. Multitasking in the middle of a call while responding to BBMs and controlling your PB at the same time. It's brutal.
    xSt0rmTroop3Rx and Spencerdl like this.
    11-26-12 08:09 PM
    swiping to navigate, and integrated messaging feature (emails fb twitter) etc..

i rarely open the fb app... jst the native messaging app...

and having seen the bb10 previews, it looks like native messaging is becoming even more integrated!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-26-12 08:30 PM
    Its look. I like its solidly built look.
    11-26-12 08:34 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge. Multitasking in the middle of a call while responding to BBMs and controlling your PB at the same time. It's brutal.
    I'm going to have to agree with this one. I was blown away by Bridge in the first place and wondered (and still am) why the competition REALLY hasn't even challenged its functionality. Once they introduced native texting on the tablet through Bridge (sent to and from my ACTUAL PHONE number, something I always dreamed about with Android) I was thoroughly convinced that at least as long as I held on to my BB smartphone, the PB would be the only computer Id ever need
    Spencerdl and robkd like this.
    11-26-12 09:08 PM
    It is difficult to choose, but I have to say BlackBerry Bridge. Then swiping thru all the open apps, Print to Go, Docs to Go. And to think it is only going to get better with BB10!
    11-26-12 10:00 PM
    Multi tasking! This device has become one with me. I love being able to go from messaging to the Web maybe a game or app all effortlessly. So many times the PlayBook just impresses me at how easy it makes things. The "Flow" is really already there Imo.
    11-26-12 10:25 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge.
    11-26-12 10:30 PM
    That's a tough choice. The features I really miss when I'm playing with other tablets is the swiping & the bridge.
    11-26-12 10:56 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge is awesome. It boggles my mind that other manufacturers have not built similar functionality in their systems.

Another great feature is Flash support in the browser. Yes, I know flash is no longer cool, but I love that I have the ability to use it on my PB.
    11-26-12 11:00 PM
    A year ago my answer was hands down the bridge feature(miss u BBCurve:/). Now my always close second best feature takes the top spot.

%100 gesture based OS.
    11-26-12 11:14 PM
    I agree with the multi-tasking and gestures. But one thing that I was surprised I would find really useful is when you have a message there is a subtle red highlighting on the upper left corner. I find that really cool :-)
    crack___head likes this.
    11-26-12 11:49 PM
    Accessing the file system from my PC over wifi. No cable required for file transfer is a BIG positive thing for me.
    11-27-12 01:39 AM
    I like the texting with Bridge feature. Gotten so used to it, and typing in the straight across keyboard that the PlayBook has is getting me ready for the N-Series with its straight keyboard!
    11-27-12 02:37 AM
    Tethering over bluetooth, natively, has been a boon for me. Means I've suddenly got a tablet with email and browser capabilities, wherever I've got 3g coverage on my phone, regardless of WiFi coverage.

As somebody who came from using Android tablets (well still do, in fairness) I think I'd also like to point out the UI and OS simplicity in terms of usage, running apps, and easily being able to close them. So useability over other tablet OSs is something I find pretty cool, too - if it wasn't for me finding the native email client a bit clunky, and not being able to run the Kindle app properly on the PlayBook, it would be near perfect for me (as it is, is just merely "very good" right now!).
    11-27-12 04:31 AM
    The coolest feature for me is being able to pull it out of my jacket pocket and access the worldwide web from pretty much anywhere my Torch has a mobile signal or anywhere wifi is available. Like when we were in Puerto Vallarta a few months back. We had a dinner reservation at exactly the time our dinner compatriots wanted to do their online check-in. I said let's just use the PlayBook. They were planning to join us later. Instead, we all got to the restaurant together, I pulled out the PB and it had already connected to the restaurant's wifi (since I had been there before.) We had their online check-in done by the time our table was ready.

Stuff like that is really cool and happens all the time with my sweet lil PlayBook.
    11-27-12 10:29 AM
    One other "cool feature" (if you can call it that) of having / using my PlayBook is that I'd very seriously consider a BlackBerry phone handset, now, after a short period of owning my PlayBook, whereas previously probably wouldn't have.

And that's not from a position of total ignorance - my wife has had BlackBerry handset for some time, and loves it - but previously, their strengths and traits had never appealed to me.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    11-27-12 10:46 AM
    I'm going to have to agree with this one. I was blown away by Bridge in the first place and wondered (and still am) why the competition REALLY hasn't even challenged its functionality. Once they introduced native texting on the tablet through Bridge (sent to and from my ACTUAL PHONE number, something I always dreamed about with Android) I was thoroughly convinced that at least as long as I held on to my BB smartphone, the PB would be the only computer Id ever need
    I aint even opened my one out the box yet I'll mess with it during xmas break.But like the sound of that bro if you add a hands free kit that recieves and allows bridge calling thats a beast feature.You can leave your phone charging upstairs head to kitchen,garden,etc and still use the phone via PB, you could video chat and make a call at the same time damn RIM needs up the bridge game.Am I trippin but is that the way forward a hands free kit that doubles up as music earphones that dials or messages via button voice command to a tablet in a pocket?? HMM the samsungs note series got potential that size might of kicked off a new standard size.

Anyway I bought the PB cause it was cheap and for ''guest'' essentially a toy to keep broads busy at the mi casa.But before purchasing I saw all the cool stuff gestures,bridge I was like hmm not just for guest not just a toy after all.BB10 is pretty much the playbook OS on stimulants the active tiles are just extensions of the way PB multitask already with the boxes really to pick one bluetooth/nfc/bridge connectivety to PB.

I havent opened my PB yet but are their bridge profiles?? can 2 different BB's bridge the PB??
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-27-12 at 11:59 AM.
    11-27-12 11:10 AM
    Definitely swiping gestures. Love being able to minimize apps and quickly swipe to the next one. I struggle with using other devices - I continually want to swipe up to close things and have to remind myself there's a button to be pushed instead. Hopefully there will always be a Playbook cuz I think I'd be lost without it.
    11-27-12 11:52 AM
    For me it is definitely the browser and the swiping. And it is seriously making me consider a BB phone next year after being an Android gal for such a long time now.
    11-27-12 12:42 PM
31 12