I would love to see it have froyo, the android OS. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 08:03 AM
    Well the article here says it's running QNX's OS instead of OS 6, which is what most people are expecting anyways: Report: RIM's 'BlackPad' tablet running QNX's software - FierceWireless

It sounds good because they're taking advantage of the fact that there already are developers for QNX software. Plus, QNX software is already used in BMW, Porsche, Caterpiller and a US military vehicle.
    08-19-10 11:19 AM
    It needs to be a laptop replacement... In other words it needs a file system and a USB port. The Ipad is a joke and I have one.
    09-23-10 05:42 PM
    It needs to be a laptop replacement... In other words it needs a file system and a USB port. The Ipad is a joke and I have one.
    The blackberry OS has a filesystem... just needs a USB OTG port.
    09-23-10 08:57 PM
    I understand what you are saying Witman and that would be nice but you are currently paying for the BIS service you are using. If you drop your BB for a dumbphone you would loose it.
    I think that's why they are stuck with making it a companion device or put a radio in it so the carrier can bill you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

If I am not mistaken it will ship with WIFI but no 3G. You would use your BB to tether in cases where WIFI is non-existent. To me this is great, as there will be no need to get a separate data plan for your tablet.
    09-23-10 10:32 PM
    I need it to have at least one USB port (two would be extra nice!) and the ability to hook up a portable printer and document scanner. Then I can do business in the car without my laptop.

Obviously the ability to create PDF files, FAX/email them, etc. would be essential to me, as well as the ability to work with Word/Excel files; otherwise the whole printer and scanner issue becomes a mostly moot point for me.

A monitor hook up (even if just VGA) would be a nice addition.

A built-in standard SD card reader would be super sweet, so I could import photos from my digital camera with ease. Doubt we'll see that though.

Decent sounding stereo speakers would be a plus.

And a combination docking station/physical keyboard like what will be available for the Galaxy Tab would be great!

Basically I need it to bridge the gap between my phone and my laptop and allow me to not have to carry the laptop. None of the other tablets I have seen can do that. I don't care about games or even music/movies...I need a business tool; something to help me be productive and successful with less clutter.
    09-24-10 01:32 AM
    Computer independence.

It should be able to do OS updates without being plugged into a computer, and ideally should include a full version of Blackberry Desktop Manager to maintain/sync/tether with your blackberry.
    09-24-10 01:13 PM
    Computer independence.

It should be able to do OS updates without being plugged into a computer, and ideally should include a full version of Blackberry Desktop Manager to maintain/sync/tether with your blackberry.
    that right there would be awesome as **** lol
    09-24-10 01:25 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD