What user base? Here in Crackberry the die hard PB users all saying PB good for what it is and happy with it? OK, with that RIM doesn't need to do anything to improve this device.

RIM lost a chance to be a leader, for tablet market it must have been there first to lead, with a solid plan. RIM already followed by entering tablet market much later. A follower must gain a ground at the expense of leader first. You can't just jump from follower to a leader overnight.

What they need to do is to make consumers MOVE from iOS and Android to theirs. It won't be possible unless RIM makes PB just as good as AND better than others including app selection.
    Agreed.

Apple was not the first to make a MP3 player. They just made it more intuitive and marketed it more.

Apple was not the first to make a tablet. They just were more innovative and marketed it more.

Apple was not he first to make voice recognition for a cell phone. They just improved on what was already out there and marketed it like crazy.

The first to market with a new idea is not necessarily the company that is going to lead the pack. In fact, often it takes a competitor to improve on someone else's idea. As such, it going to be an interesting few years in the cell phone / tablet market place.

I agree it's going to take time, and will require a LOT of work and innovation. But if any company can do it, leave it to a company of stubborn Canadians who have nothing better to do all winter than think of new and innovative ideas. After all ... with all the snow up here we rarely leave our igloos
    Last edited by CDM76; 12-20-11 at 05:53 PM. Reason: punctuation
    12-20-11 05:52 PM
    PPS, MSN, Skype, and Google+ ! Video chat and not just chatting (IM+) that costs 7.99!!!!! Please anyone please!
    12-20-11 05:56 PM
    Browser with:
    bookmark manager
    auto fill fields
    better tabs
    side scroll bar that works
    settings management for physical actions
    PASSWORD MANAGER
    Halt button
    Home button for the start page
    Ability to open additional pages with separate tabs

CAMERA CONTROLS
    Image size
    Image type
    Autorotate
    Shutter controls

VIDEO CONTROLS
    Video size ie. 240 480 720
    Post to and send to options
    Save to options

KEYBOARD
    Arrow keys
    ditto scroll key
    Insert cursor key
    Right button mouse key
    Function type keys and macros

PASSWORD CONTROLS
    Additional controls for password connect and function at a finer level

EMAIL????
    Separate bis and private controls with NO interoperability
    Yeah, a modern email client. I like apple mail.

USB CONNECTIVITY
    With security firewall and security scan at the hardware level.

Some otherstuff too but these are mymajor needs
    motese likes this.
    12-20-11 08:40 PM
    An Evernote app I can access offline. I can't believe they released like that.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 09:23 PM
    Hooya! Another wish come true. Just found out on the apps forum that we now have Citrix 1.0 !!!! See! Keep wishing! Another plus for business too
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-20-11 10:44 PM
    Proud new owner of a Blackberry Playbook and I gotta say this is a pretty sweet tablet, really hard to put down. The ONLY thing stopping me from tossing out my ipod touch altogether is the Wow Auction House Remote app. I have access through the Battle.net website on the playbook browser but it does not have guild chat. I would love to see that available for the playbook so I could then flush the useless Ipod with the always broken home button down the toilet. Not sure how difficult this would be as I am not a programmer.
    12-21-11 01:58 AM
    Back to the original intent of this thread, for me, my priority dream would be usb support. And from what I've read, OS 2 does this. So I'm ecstatic! Thank you RIM!!
    I've never heard of this before. Link please.

Of course, if RIM were to do this, I expect them to support SAMBA client as well.
    12-21-11 11:16 AM
    Proud new owner of a Blackberry Playbook and I gotta say this is a pretty sweet tablet, really hard to put down. The ONLY thing stopping me from tossing out my ipod touch altogether is the Wow Auction House Remote app. I have access through the Battle.net website on the playbook browser but it does not have guild chat. I would love to see that available for the playbook so I could then flush the useless Ipod with the always broken home button down the toilet. Not sure how difficult this would be as I am not a programmer.
    It should fit. Im no plumber but the waste pipe is 4 inches so if you can get it past the trap you should be fine. If that doesn't work there should be a cleanout that will give you access right to the pipe.
    Kojjax and bbvj like this.
    12-21-11 11:24 AM
    So has anyone noticed that there has been a huge influx of apps into App World? It seems developers have finally taken notice of the Playbook (probably helps that a lot of units have moved with the recent sales). And now we have Angry Birds, so that makes our favorite device legit now, doesn't it?

And about Netflix, I was going to fight the battle of bringing it to the Playbook, but I'm going to just cancel that idea. Neflix is overpriced and I've considered canceling anyway. I'm going to focus on getting Comcast support for now. If anything, I will get Amazon Prime to try that out. Anyone have Amazon Prime? Hopefully RIM is really working getting content for us like they said (something comparable to iTunes would be ideal). What would you call their future content "app"?

Edit:

Actually, I think RIM getting something like iTunes would actually suck. One of the things that I hate about these markets is the DRM. If I purchase something, I want to be able to enjoy that media on any device, not just one or two devices. If someone could offer that (which Amazon is close because of the streaming they offer on purchased digital content), they would get plenty of support from me, i.e. money.
    Last edited by scott.slater; 12-21-11 at 08:02 PM.
    12-21-11 07:52 PM
    A large part of RIM's playbook market is corporate and to satisfy this market it needs to be able to access external USB devices to make up for lack of internal memory, use VPN, email and Skype as well as permit document printing to network (and USB) printers.

Other apps such as Netflix etc are of course nice to have, but not core - particularly when you take into account that many of these apps are region limited and thus of no benefit to world wide users.
    bbvj likes this.
    12-22-11 12:02 PM
    i'd like to see a stylus note taking app and I heartRadio. and bridge function for the phone part of the Blackberry. maybe the possibility to have open at the same time more than one instance of office programs
    AnthonGMc likes this.
    12-24-11 01:01 PM
    We have two 64gb pbs that we've had since launch, and use every single day. In addition to the other requests for improved apps, OS, etc., we have two heartfelt requests from RIM for the pb: Promises Kept and Better Marketing.
    Kojjax likes this.
    12-24-11 02:29 PM
    TouchPal and Swype.
    12-24-11 05:39 PM
    I thought of another app I want. Google Earth. and mars and the moon and with nasas help mercury
    12-24-11 08:26 PM
    the ability to create more areas of storage than just all, favorites, media, and games.
    12-24-11 09:29 PM
    thumbprint / retina scanner
    12-24-11 09:31 PM
    the ability to create more areas of storage than just all, favorites, media, and games.
    iOS like folders and pages are available on OS 2.0 beta
    12-24-11 10:13 PM
    Here is a thought I always thought would be cool.

A feature I'd love is to have a configurable setting that could toggle the globe button in the virtual keyboard where you can pick the language, and have it replaced with a configurable custom value. So if you only have one custom value defined for that button, click on that, and the text field would be populated with it. To expand it, if you could actually define multiple values that would even be better. In that case, if you click on the button, it would provide a list of all the values you configured for this custom button, and you can select the value you want. You could add an email address, full name, phone number, company name, basically anything else you may type often.

I think for many people that button is under utilized, and this could be a nice feature to add that may not be too bad in regards to implementation.

I'd also love if there was a way for you to configure the ability to do vertical scrolling directly in the bezel for those of us with fat fingers
    Last edited by blue-b; 12-25-11 at 03:23 AM.
    12-25-11 03:21 AM
    Ancestry
    native email
    Tunein
    5.0 radio pro
    12-25-11 09:52 AM
    -djvu reader.
    Beta version of DjView for PlayBook is available here.
    02-23-12 02:01 PM
145 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD