You make a few good points....however, i cant wait to get mine on the 19th!!!
    04-15-11 12:02 AM
    I canceled my pre-order on the PB and bought a wifi Xoom 2 weeks ago tomorrow,and have had zero issues or regrets thus far.
    I also own the original iPad and wow I definitely prefer the Xoom.
    04-16-11 12:58 AM
    The one thing that bothers me enough to question buying it right now is the low memory. Maybe they will have that fixed but it seems odd that it is an issue. I still plan on buying it but I am hopeful this gets fixed quickly.
    If you look at the low memory thread here (http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/re...ml#post6228386), Kevin says his new build doesn't have the memory problem anymore.

I saw an article online that said the memory problems were caused by Bing maps and Docs to go when loaded on the playbook...and that RIM is actively trying to fix them.
    04-16-11 01:31 AM
    To the OP's question, the reviews gave me pause until I read more in-depth and realized most of the issues were about PIM or pre-release software issues. Since I have a BB and use web based mail for everything, the PIM issue was a non-issue for me. The software complaints are also less than the ones I personally have with my wife's Xoom. The one hardware issue is below:

power button. so crappy, you can't push to turn on the device. "allegedly"
    The final devices have the power button raised 0.8mm, so it is not an issue anymore. That is the joy of writing reviews on pre-release hardware and software.

My order stands. 64Gb model will find a welcoming home on Tuesday.
    04-16-11 03:26 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD