As we know there are alot of web posts on why other tablets are better than the Playbook or why the Playbook is failing. IMO the main reason others choose to go with an Android tablet or Ipad(sic) boils down to the availability and range of apps. We already know how well speced the hardware is and the unparalleled multitasking abilities of the Playbook. My first tablet device I used a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7inch which I found to be good especially due to the range of apps available. PB was my second device and I absolutely loved it (currently my tab of choice), the only major drawback is the lack of support from major software vendors that have Android/Ipad apps. I tried the IPAD 3 64GB and got rid of it after 1 week.
    I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread listing what we'd like to see in the OS software as well as third party apps. I know it's bit late with the BB10 release around the corner, but hopefully RIM and the software developers will look at a list such as this and it will lead to the unleashing the PBs full potential and boosting it's apeal and popularity.
    I've started by listing what I'd like to see and as this list grows, time permiting, I will periodically compile a list on this first post with the suggestions in order of popularity.
    If a particular suggestion is already available and the poster is not aware of that solution please suggest it with the full solution/app name and it will be amended as "already available" on this list.

Updated List
    Votes Suggestion
    1. 4 USB OTG
    2. 3 Print via Wifi (not cloud based/PC driven)
    3. 3 Skype
    4. 3 Better file OS File browser (eg. for attachments) (folder tree) Third party available eg My File Manager
    5. 2 Bluetooth files to and from PB
    6. 2 Ability to import contacts from BB phone or PC
    7. 2 Not have gallery automatically add every image to the library
    8. 1 Send files as attachment directly from Apps
    9. 1 Alternate Browser
    10. 1 Swipe up predictive text
    11. 1 Customisable Icons
    Last edited by mamak111; 01-05-13 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Updated List
    01-04-13 04:38 AM
    What I'd like for the Playbook is for people to stop ******** about what is a fabulous tablet, which spec wise is still competitive nearly 2 years after release and which does EVERYTHING I need it to do.

Si.
    01-04-13 07:48 AM
    1) Bluetooth would be very useful, and I can't see how it's not pheasable considering that PlayBook can already use Bridge and connect to Bluetooth devices such as speakers. It's a shame that we can't send and receive files using Bridge.
    2) Currently, there is a widely popular app named "Print." Pretty simple name, right? It uses WiFi to contact your computer, and tell the printer to print a selected file. It might improve if we could jus connect directly to the printer itself.
    3) Skype for PlayBook has been one of the popular topics over the holidays, and people are just hoping it comes with BB10 (and that BB10 comes to PlayBook). One of the problems is that Skype is a microsoft-owned company, we know this because it nearly replaced MSN. Microsoft have released Microsoft Surface, and like anyone would know, you don't want to share software. For example; RIM wouldn't let Android have BlackBerry Travel (I would of said BBM, but that goes through BlackBerry's own servers) would they? So, it's more likely that nowadays Microsoft will like to cling to Skype. You may be wondering, "yeah, but it's on other devices, so why not ours?" and the answer to that is; before Microsoft stuck to computers. They didn't mind letting other platforms have Skype, as it improved their revenue - as some people use it as a second phone. Now they are in the tablet market, they'll not be as likely to do this.
    4) This would be good too, and possibly by Bridge? If you've heard, BB10 might have a similar function on the 10 version of Desktop Manager.

With 5 & 6 I'm not so sure what you mean...
    01-04-13 07:49 AM
    What I'd like for the Playbook is for people to stop ******** about what is a fabulous tablet, which spec wise is still competitive nearly 2 years after release and which does EVERYTHING I need it to do.

Si.
    It's natural that people want improvements. I adore my tablet, but it just lacks one main thing really; mainstream apps. With them, it'd be as great, or even better, than any other tablet.
    01-04-13 07:50 AM
    It's natural that people want improvements. I adore my tablet, but it just lacks one main thing really; mainstream apps. With them, it'd be as great, or even better, than any other tablet.
    Sorry, I must not have been clear, I wasn't in any way refering to the OP.
    I do respect his and anyone else's point of view about improvements, but the biggest drawback for the Playbook is people who buy it expecting it to do anything other than what it does.

Si.
    01-04-13 07:53 AM
    Yep, it is the main annoyance really. Funny though, I was setting up my mother's new iPad (Christmas present) for her and whilst I do think the iPad is an excellent device, moving between apps and screens felt sooooo primitive!
    01-04-13 07:56 AM
    I just want usb otg on this thing. Rest all is fine for what I've used.
    01-04-13 08:40 AM
    +1 on the working USB

Doing this one simple thing will open a whole new horizon for the playbook. ( 3G/4G usb stick anyone )

I'd also like RIM to make a virtual machine image of a dev environment and relax the hoops anyone has to go through just to develop code for the PB.

Oh and a video store in the UK or partner up with one of the big providers and do the same.
    01-04-13 08:54 AM
    How about the simple ability to keep the damn thing on if I want and a way to delete the worthless OS file browser that may apps seem to rely upon.

I'll take these options first......and then USBTG.

Other than that, I'm extremely happy with my PB.
    01-04-13 01:41 PM
    Don't get me wrong I love my PB. It's fantastic that's why I haven't gone back to my Galaxy and why I got rid of the Ipad. The PB is superior. All I am suggesting is we let RIM have a list on how to make it better by exploiting it's full potential. I use the PB everyday and if there was a way for improving it I'm all for that. Not improving the PB would make it fall behind the competition and that would stop developers from creating new apps. This would inturn cause sales to suffer thereby further preventing more developers creating apps since many apps are revenue driven and a low user base is not profitable. Being a user is one thing but being a loyal and ardent fan means you have to help development by suggesting improvement. A suggestion for an app could lead to a potentially fantastic app that could add some user apeal thereby garnering more support.
    Just my two cents.
    With numbers. 5 & 6 I meant a folder tree like structure for browsing for files to attach to emails and BBM. Messages.
    01-04-13 02:06 PM
    Here is my wish list

-native print driver to print directly to wifi printer. This going through the pc and only being able to do files is for the birds
    -when creating a desktop link, to be able to insert your own picture (yes I know if you zoom in you can get a half decent icon)
    -better file browsing which allows you to create folders
    -same word "swipe up" predictive text as BB10 has, the current across the top format is okay, but not ideal

Other than that, this thing (I'm on it now ) is goodness
    01-04-13 02:54 PM
    To be able to load Android on it.
    01-05-13 02:03 AM

Si.
    congrats. good for you. now, others expect more and others expect less; if you are part of the latter, then stay away from "improvement" threads. different people have different needs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 02:13 AM
    when the 2 fools flashed this back then at the unveiling of the pb, i thought i need not lug around a laptop anymore and bought a 64gb at full price:
    http://cdn3.berryreview.com/wp-conte...ckup_thumb.jpg

today, i still do. still waiting for that screenshot to come to fruition.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 02:18 AM