Eight months back I wanted to buy myself a tablet. But which one to buy I dint knew. A tablet which I will be carrying with me to office instead of a laptop. My main purpose was for office use. Many of my friends gave their opinion on buying an Apple & Galaxy tab, but nobody said anything on buying a playbook. They made me confused.

Then I went to store where I could have a look of all three tablets. Apple & Galaxy were great on features and applications they had. They completed my purpose.
    Then I had my hands on playbook, with its great user interface and was so easy to use and the size of the playbook gave me a plus point over apple and galaxy tab. I played games on tablet, used some application as well. And then I started looking for my need in the playbook. And I was disappointed when I found out it was not having calendar, exchange account & contacts which is important for day to day works.

January 2012 I bought 32Gb Playbook for myself. When I came to know there will be a new OS2.0 update, which will be coming out in Feb. And the updated OS will be having native calendar, exchange account & contacts.
    Since then carrying playbook every day to office is so much fun. I am the only one who owns a playbook in office amongst 4 ipad2 users. And many a times I use my blackberry smartphone as a remote control for playbook, so amazing. Switching between applications is so quick and easy. Making presentation, reading word, excel, pdf, using print to go, so great to have them onboard.
    Playing games on playbook in free times is a great way of spending time.
    But I never had an opportunity of using video chat option as none of my friends own a playbook .
    Always going to have my playbook by my side.

Just waiting for new OS 2.1 to be released. Anybody has any idea on release date.
    07-05-12 01:48 AM
    What a great story,
    You made up YOUR own mind. So many people just buy what their friends TELL them to buy , you had an open mind and made your own choice. The playbook has had bad press BUT i really think its NOT justified but i guess in these days of internet/twitter and trolls that can happen, i mean one bad review or remark can be read by millions of people instantly and eventually people start to believe it. If people generally had more of an open mind i think the playbook would be more successful.
    Well, you made up your own mind , i hope you enjoy you playbook, I'm sure if you look after it it will serve you well.
    I'm. Sorry, i dont know when the next os update will be released.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-12 04:27 AM
    Haven't turned off 32Gb PlayBook since May 22. That's a month and a half of up time! Pretty solid device!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-05-12 07:38 AM
    All true but looking forward to the M/S OS8 tablet this fall. It will be a real laptop replacement with a real keyboard.
    MrBugMan likes this.
    07-06-12 04:42 AM
    Welcome to the forums bud, glad you're enjoying you're playbook and I think pretty soon there's going to be this cute li'l red head with some great advice and warm words for you, chiming in

Nice first post btw
    MrBugMan likes this.
    07-06-12 05:47 PM
    Good choice and glad to hear you are enjoying the PlayBook
    07-06-12 05:50 PM
    Welcome to the forums bud, glad you're enjoying you're playbook and I think pretty soon there's going to be this cute li'l red head with some great advice and warm words for you, chiming in

Nice first post btw
    I thought that was a blonde?
    07-06-12 08:35 PM

Nice first post btw
    You cheatin' on me again sput?? Or you talkin about rotorwrench??? LOL....
    Last edited by jafobabe; 07-06-12 at 08:44 PM.
    07-06-12 08:41 PM
    And to the OP, welcome to the fray.... urrrr... forums.. Grab a seat and hang on..

Clickable links below my signature..

Enjoy!
    07-06-12 08:43 PM
    Welcome to the forums! Glad you're enjoying your pb. I too carry mine to work everyday and use it frequently in place of my laptop - especially since i got the mini keyboard to go with it.

OS2.1 was released to beta testing a little while ago. I have popped into the dev forums a couple of times and it sounded like it still needed a bit of work. Still - it shouldn't be too much longer. If anyone else has a more solid idea of release please chime in. I'm thinking it should be within the next 2 months but that is purely guesswork.

For help finding some great apps check out the playbook app forum. Lots of devs are very active there.

Enjoy!
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-06-12 09:39 PM
    Glad you're enjoying your playbook. And its refreshing to hear the steps you took towards making your choice. I hope it continues to serve you well.

This is a great community for help on anything blackberry, or to just discuss. All platforms and tablets are good, I'm just glad you chose the one thats right for you.
    07-06-12 10:13 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your PlayBook. I've had mine since launch and it's my best "tech" friend of all my gadgets. Goes everywhere with me and although it was a full price purchase, I have no regrets.
    07-06-12 10:24 PM
    Yup... Picked mine up on launch day too. Same with the keyboard. I go to meetings and others are at the boardroom table with pen and paper, killing trees and throwing plastic Bic pens into the waste bin.
    When this stellar piece of gear has had enough or needs an upgrade, I'll recycle it.
    PB is awesome.
    07-06-12 11:58 PM
    You cheatin' on me again sput?? Or you talkin about rotorwrench??? LOL....
    Hey, Hey, now!! Watch it! I'm a PlayBookexual, I don't swing that way You're pushin your luck jbabe

OP, good choice and kudos to you for relying on your own opinion instead of that of others. We have 7 PBs at work and they are used daily for numerous functions. We've been very impressed and happy with them. I hope it serves you well
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 07-07-12 at 01:56 AM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-07-12 01:53 AM
    Thank you friends for your post. Even I am glad that you guys are enjoying your day to day activites on your playbook.
    Surfing internet, bbm, twitter (Blaq), e-mail, musics, movies, videos, pictures, facebook, using bridge for making documents, � I never get bore of it�..and rememeber the day, after buying my playbook I showed it to my frined and he said it does not have a 3g and you still purchased� I said it's my choice brother�.
    Many a time I forget to take my laptop to office, but never forget to take my playook.
    Crackberry is a great community�lots of reviews on latest apps, games and best part is the news on blackberry. My latest purchase was pacemaker, I spent hours using his application..

I have attached picture of my playbook�
    07-07-12 02:55 AM
    Awesome. By the way, in case you didn't know, bridge allows you to use the 3G of your phone to get internet on the go.
    07-07-12 09:21 AM
    I have them all. Literally! My PB is my favorite. Anyone using remote access on their PB? Which one do you prefer? My home office PC is running Win7 pro.

OP, Welcome to the addiction. Like my Apple Newton Pad of days gone by. You will regret the day your PB dies. Enjoy!
    07-07-12 09:24 AM
    Your battery logo looks just like mine. Must be a true abuser.
    07-07-12 12:04 PM
    Dear friends,

from last couple of days i am facing issues with my Native Email, Contacts and Calendar.
    The problem is that, some time all three native apps stops working in between. I try to close and restart all three apps but it still does not work (The loading small circle icon does not show any movement and i tried to keep the apps open for about an hour but still it does not work.). I have to restart my playbook to make the apps working.

Can some please guide on this problem. its irritating me a lot.

Thanks.
    07-10-12 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD