I've installed Magellan Compass Maps and GPS Maps for Google on my Playbook (they show as installed) but they are not in my list of apps when I drag up from the bottom edge...
    What do i need to do, please? (I have restarted the Playbook.)
    John, newbie of 5 hours!
    09-11-13 11:00 AM
    Swipe left and right. You may be on the default app screen. If all else fails uninstall and reinstall.
    Carl Estes and johnbb99 like this.
    09-11-13 11:05 AM
    I've swiped l and r loads. they're not there. could both have not installed even tho they say they have????
    09-11-13 11:21 AM
    I've deleted and reinstalled them both, and I still can't see them, so I must be doing something stupid.
    I'm looking for them where I see Pictures, Music, Camera, Videos, Music Store, Video Chat (and swiping right I see Accessories Store, and Setup), etc etc. Is that right?
    (Oh, and also, what is the usual way to wake it from a black screen, I try swiping and not much happens...)
    Thanks, frustrated John.
    09-11-13 11:34 AM
    Apps download to the default page, like where you say you are, pictures, music, camera etc. You should have 2 little square "dots" directly underneath the Browser icon. You want to be on the first page.

THEN, touch and hold in the middle of the screen and slowly drag up. Yolu should see the icons of newly installed apps. You can move them aroun if you touch and hold until they begin to "pulse" and then touch/hold and drag to location you want. You can also crate another "page by going to far left of the screen , and it will set a new page for you (for games for example).

Hope you find your icon!!!!!!

C
    johnbb99 likes this.
    09-11-13 11:49 AM
    Are you sure they are not on your first page of icons (it can extend downwards off the bottom of the screen, so you may need to try swiping up).

To wake from a black screen, you need to wipe fully across the screen left-right or top-bottom) start on the bezel (ie off the display part of the screen) and swipe all the way to the bezel on the other side.

EDIT - Oh, and welcome to CB!!

EDIT2 - Just noticed that Carl gave the same answer first.
    johnbb99 likes this.
    09-11-13 11:51 AM
    Ahhh, thanks so much. I hadn't done a "touch and hold in the middle of the screen and slowly drag up."
    Thanks also for the full swipe advice to wake it up.
    (I knew it'd be something that I wasn't doing!)
    09-11-13 12:22 PM
    Cool-io. Have fun and enjoy!!!

c
    09-11-13 12:54 PM