I had a playbook last year and purchased on downloaded asphalt 6 for free. I ended up giving then playbook away. Today I bought a new playbook, when I logged into my bbid I saw asphalt in my un installed apps. When I went to reinstall it I was informed that the app has to be purchase now. This is really annoying, I don't want to reference apple here but no matter what happens if you download a app free or purchased it your app. Developers shouldn't be allowed to do this, and app history should be better maintained.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:41 PM
    They aren't and it is.

I'm assuming you used the same blackberry ID. And it is the same game you purchased before (your emails will verify this).

In which case it will work. Continue forward until you see the "confirm purchase" button in PayPal.

It will smarten up before it gets to that final confirm purchase button.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:43 PM
    Thanks for this information, I will try this band see what happens!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:57 PM
    It should work - always does for me

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:08 AM
    if you get any app/game for free initially, then delete and reinstall once the price increases you always have to pay the current price in my experience. its the reality. if you get anything for free as an intro or sale price you should keep it installed if you see yourself using it again.

I know you've discovered this on your own, so I'm just saying its happened to me too

Sent from an ATM Machine
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    05-07-13 12:10 AM
    I just reread. Didn't see he said he got it free (thought he paid the same price)

Unfortunately the only fix is to load a backup with it if you can find it...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:12 AM
    yeah. saying purchased for free is confusing

Sent from an ATM Machine
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    05-07-13 12:28 AM
    A developer can release an app as a paid app on BlackBerry world. Then he or she can also release an update and charge an upcharge for the update as well.

That is what I have seen when preparing my apps for release on BlackBerry World.

So in this case, dev released as free, then made update to charge for.

Posted via CB10 with the Dev Alpha C
    05-07-13 12:41 AM
    It is annoying that BB and developers do this. I never used a platform that does a deal and gives away anything for free but then makes you buy it if you deleted it. If the developer release a new version of it, then fine, but this feels like BB has a screw up in App World. Most companies send you an invoice that you "bought" it, even if it is free (shows up as $0.00) and it looks like BB is unable technologically do this. It is a horrible practice that makes me feel like it is a scam (as you said) or that BB is just incompetent.

I love BB, but I don't like how they deal with these "deals". At least charge .01 if they can't figure out to sell for free. Just my opinion though.
    05-07-13 01:02 AM
    A developer can release an app as a paid app on BlackBerry world. Then he or she can also release an update and charge an upcharge for the update as well.

That is what I have seen when preparing my apps for release on BlackBerry World.

So in this case, dev released as free, then made update to charge for.

Posted via CB10 with the Dev Alpha C
    Developers can do that, but I believe that game (as well as other apps) are part of a deal and not an update. I have seen a few apps that charge money and then, for one week only, are part of a BB "sale" or special. It makes me think that it isn't as much of a developer trying to pull a bait and switch, but rather BlackBerry. Also, not saying BB is maliciously doing a bait and switch, but it feels like it.
    05-07-13 01:06 AM
    Yah no I agree.

If you get something free you should be able to reinstall it. That's more of a bbry app world shortsight. Because as a developer we can't change the app price without killing it for users.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:23 AM
    Whether you download a free app or one that costs money its still considered a purchase in the Apple store. Which is how it should be, it sounds confusing to purchase a free app but it's done this way for the exact reason that's going on here. You own the app once you download it for free or pay for it. And if the price changes it can't affect you because you have already downloaded that app and it's in your account on iTunes. The same thing should happen to bbid.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:53 AM
    The other problem is that we canNOT do selective or individual backups of each app we attain, whether free or paid. It would be nice if you get version 1.1 and like it of App A, and similarly of App B. But backup. Now App B changes version and you like the new version but not the new Version of App A. It starts getting complicated if you want to restore at different times or intervals.

What we really need is an INSTALL PACKAGE, like a zip of the entire app so that we own or even RENT/License it but we can re-install at our leisure. The Desktop software or Link software should allow this.
    KermEd likes this.
    05-07-13 09:18 AM
    Yah no I agree.

If you get something free you should be able to reinstall it. That's more of a bbry app world shortsight. Because as a developer we can't change the app price without killing it for users.

Posted via CB10
    Some developers are not that honest and professional, as you seem to believe.
    I had a similar bad experience with one of them. "Priti Kumari " who developed Perfect Wallpaper Setter.
    At first this app was free. and then, after a couple of days, a nagging message blocks the app. and asks you to pay for it.
    I sent a message to this guy, but he didn't seem to give a sh*t on what people are thinking or saying.
    I call this Scam.

Now this app is identified as a Trialware. at least he learned his lesson.
    05-08-13 08:06 AM
    Think of it this way...if you walk into BestBuy and purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for $39.99 on sale and take it home, play with it for a while, finish the game and decide to trade it in to EB Games or give it to a friend (who knows) then decide a couple months later that you want the game again, is it BestBuy's responsibility to "give" you the game for free, or even the $39.99 you originally paid for it even though it has gone back up to full price at $59.99, because you already purchased it?

I understand the point you are trying to get at but I don't agree with it. Once you deleted it, you gave up all rights to it. Yes, I have had to repurchase games and apps that I deleted. Even having to pay for updates to a game isn't that far fetched. Think how much money game developers make on Halo and Call of Duty after the initial purchase simply on expansion packs. Why should we expect mobile game updates for free when console games charge for them? And by "updates for mobile games" I don't mean gameplay related updates, I am referring to added levels/weapons/vehicles that would be "expansion packs" on a console game.
    05-08-13 08:38 AM
    Some developers are not that honest and professional, as you seem to believe.
    I had a similar bad experience with one of them. "Priti Kumari " who developed Perfect Wallpaper Setter.
    At first this app was free. and then, after a couple of days, a nagging message blocks the app. and asks you to pay for it.
    I sent a message to this guy, but he didn't seem to give a sh*t on what people are thinking or saying.
    I call this Scam.

Now this app is identified as a Trialware. at least he learned his lesson.
    Well he probably didn't learn his lesson. And I have just as many customers try to scam me (requesting refunds without removing the app).

But as a developer I can't decide to make an app free for only one month either. The problem above is a design issue by rim imo.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:31 PM