What is the point in the Playbook even having bluetooth? (Apart from BlackBerry bridge obviously) I've only been a Playbook owner for a couple of weeks now and I've noticed that you can't send or receive files from (or to) your Playbook which is ridiculous. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(Please don't bother replying if you're going to tell me that I can plug it into my computer and transfer files that way. I shouldn't have to.)
    01-09-13 09:25 AM
    You can plug a keyboard, a mouse, wiressless headphones... To name a few.
    RubberChicken76 and Toodeurep like this.
    01-09-13 09:28 AM
    I've noticed that you can't send or receive files from (or to) your Playbook which is ridiculous.
    You can transfer files over wifi, see below mate.

Wi-Fi File Sharing on the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    01-09-13 09:35 AM
    Bluetooth to the BlackBerry music gateway, or for that matter with anyone else's music gateway type box.
    sushistew and Mecca EL like this.
    01-09-13 09:40 AM
    Bt tethering to non-bb phones.
    Mecca EL and sushistew like this.
    01-09-13 09:44 AM
    It is an interesting question from the aspect of why "didn't rim implement" the file transfer aspect/protocol for the pb. Security, perhaps? As noted, you can transfer via wifi and you can also transfer via email and the normal usb cable but only to an intermediate computer.
    lewcat likes this.
    01-09-13 09:52 AM
    Transfer over wifi using either Dukto (available for the playbook and all computers) or Wifi Explorer. Both are free apps
    01-09-13 11:31 AM
    I use my BlackBerry playbook to connect to my artmusicpanel, a wonderfull piece of art and bluetooth speaker in one. Its a A2DP enabled bluetooth device. More info Art Music Panel, Art that Sounds.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-09-13 11:33 AM
    I can transfer photos from my Torch 9860 to my PlayBook and that is a file. I haven't tried with music or documents but I don't see why it won't work.
    01-09-13 11:59 AM
    It is actually a very useful implementation for me. I use Bluetooth Headphones/Speaker, and for my Phone at the same time; using my PlayBook as a 'Hub' for all my needs, if you will.
    01-09-13 12:03 PM
    If your car has Bluetooth you can listen to music from your PB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 12:15 PM
    I use my BlackBerry playbook to connect to my artmusicpanel, a wonderfull piece of art and bluetooth speaker in one. Its a A2DP enabled bluetooth device. More info Art Music Panel, Art that Sounds.
    Interesting and for those who don't read Dutch:

Google Translate
    01-09-13 12:28 PM
    Those sound like some pretty good points.
    01-09-13 02:00 PM
    They did it for me so I could lay in bed and listen to the radio, surf the web and read emails while texting without having cumbersome wires.....using my bluetooth earbuds. It was for me and I'm very thankful.
    sushistew, Mecca EL and Nels like this.
    01-09-13 03:34 PM
    I use the bluetooth connection daily to connect to my home sound system and i can sit in my massage chair playing mr. Dj....
    sushistew likes this.
    01-09-13 04:53 PM
    iDevices are also ridiculous from OP's point of view... but like iDevices, there must be third party Apps which can do that certain bluetooth task...
    01-09-13 05:09 PM
    Those are some pretty good use-cases for BT on the PB mentioned by all the posters, plus wifi file transfer which I use a lot. Where are you OP?
    01-09-13 05:16 PM
    Because RIM doesn't know how to make decisions. If the BB10 devices have bluetooth, they may as well sell the parts of the company off now...

Seriously though, the reason it supports bluetooth is because it can connect to various devices using the protocol. Just because you don't have compatible devices, doesn't mean it wasn't a good choice to put it it. I couldn't imagine trying to actually transfer files over BT. It's too slow. Best to use WiFi for file transfer anyway...wait, you didn't want to hear that...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-09-13 05:16 PM
    Not having a way of using a BT microphone to record voice notes seems a mis-step. Same with lack of ability to use Comwave via BT. If Skype or something similar is to be implemented in next version, then BT mike will need to work.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-09-13 05:19 PM
    Where are you OP?
    What is the point in the Playbook having bluetooth?-5930378580_cc53a0f43b.jpg
    01-09-13 05:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5930378580_cc53a0f43b.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	130709
    Oh there you are, you cute thing!
    01-09-13 05:43 PM
    As previously mentioned by others, my many everyday uses: Bridge, music to my truck stereo, my keyboard, our presenter, our home stereo, photo transfer, I record my rehearsals of my lessons and listen to them in my truck before giving them and my headset use. Can't imagine being without it.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-09-13 05:53 PM
    I couldn't imagine trying to actually transfer files over BT. It's too slow. Best to use WiFi for file transfer anyway...wait, you didn't want to hear that...
    So true... I enabled BT file sharing between a couple of newer laptops at work and gave up as it took forever to transfer a few pics & document folders.

However, BT for the Playbook works for audio devices and the BT keyboard extremely well
    01-09-13 05:55 PM
    Got a new sound bar /sub woofer for Christmas.....was listening to Slacker and Apollo this afternoon and it sounded great !!! I love the bluetooth!
    Also purchased the mini keyboard......loving this PlayBook more every day! Can't wait to see what BB10 will bring to an already great tablet....the countdown begins!
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    01-09-13 07:02 PM
    It's very useful when you're stuck in a huge traffic jam. You can watch a movie on the Playbook with Bluetooth audio coming through the car's sound system

I really miss BT file transfers though. I can't transfer files from the phone/laptop to the Playbook without an infrastructure Wi-fi network, whereas my phone and laptop can send files to each other easily through Bluetooth.
    note2 likes this.
    01-09-13 07:55 PM
52 123