Is it better to wait for the devices to hit under 10% or is it better to charge it around the 40-50%
    01-12-12 07:18 PM
    Both devices have Li-ion batteries. Best to keep them topped up. Never run one to zero if possible. Better to charge often than let the battery run down too far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-12 07:40 PM
    Charge as often as you want. I always have and my 3 year old curve with original battery is still going strong even after my co worker inherited it. Same goes for my 9930 and I have awesome battery life. Like sedalia suggests, don't get in the habit of repeatedly fully discharging them. Li-ion batteries don't do well with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-12 10:14 PM
    Anywhere between 99% to 1%.

But, as already suggested, it's best to keep it topped off on a regular basis.

It's actually even okay to leave it plugged in after it reaches 100% until you need to take it somewhere. The circuitry will stop charging when it has to (trickling only as it needs to since the phone is still "on" and drawing a constant current).

It's okay if it happens to drop all the way down every once in a while. There will be a time where you'll find yourself away from the nearest plug for an extended period of time and you just can't get it charged. Just don't make a habit out of it because these batteries do not like that.
    Last edited by joeldf; 01-13-12 at 09:34 AM.
    01-13-12 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD