Ladies and Gentlemen,

From all that I have read on the forums previously and today here are my points.

First and foremost I think it reasonable to say that the people who bought their playbook and are actively using them are more than happy with their purchases.

Sure there are others that are not happy but did you buy the machine based on what it could do in the future or what it can do now.

However and this to me is both vital and critical rather than ***** and moan get behind the product.I believe everyone is saying that the hardware is top notch so we all need to give support to rim whilst they improve the software.If and I accept it is a big if but if the 2.0 update delivers all that it wants then we will have a fantastic device.

If on the other hand we continue to moan and whinge then our device will go the way of the do do. I am not saying tell lies or exaggerate but I would imagine most users in here are seen by their friends and family as the go to person for tech advice.If you honestly believe base on their use patterns that a playbook is best for a friend who asks the question then recommend it.But if all we ever do is moan and complain about this or that playbook sales will continue dwindle developers won't come on board and the device will die.

If you visit pre central a lot of people there are very positive , new apps are still being released daily and there is a up and at them attitude even though the future is very much in doubt.

I understand your frustrations and no I don't work for Rim I am just a gadget addict who wants to see competition in the tablet market if only to keep apple on their toes and no I don't have an iPad but if we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot it will be us who own that playbook already that suffers the most

Peter
    09-16-11 03:48 AM
    Well reasoned response.

I use the PB everyday, I'm certainly not "more than happy". I'm satisfied and oft happy that mostly it does what i want, surfs the net ok but that is it really, due to lack of apps,no touchpad/cursor and dodgy keyboard).

Does it really matter what we say? Not that I would now, but even when I recommended the PB to everyone looking for a tab none have bought one (I did when i got mine and was all hyped about its potential) either gone for a cheaper android or the ipad. From what I've seen RIM don't listen to the consumers of the PB so positive or negative is irrelevant ( or all minor niggles would be fixed in regular software updates and there would be better communication). �400 is a lot, I as an early adopter risked it, though I knew some limitations. It promised more and months later hasn't, and for at least another month won't.

I think people criticise in the hope RIM will recognise their failings and due to frustration.

Looking forward to OS 2.
    09-16-11 04:26 AM
    Well said OP, exactly what I`ve been trying to get across to people forEVER. What you say here matters. It matters to those considering a purchase, it matters to reviewers, it matters to investors, it matters to developers, it matters to newbies not sure what to think of it yet. Not only are we the tail wagging the dog, we can also be the dog that bites the hand that feeds it. You want more apps and support? Native mail etc. ? Stop with your RIM bashing, they need investors, good press and less drama. Has the bashing helped? Apparently not. You who think you are so wise and will tell RIM a thing or two that they have never heard before, thinking if you cry and make demands you will get what you want sooner are foolish. You are only shooting yourselves and the rest of us in the foot. First impressions matter and this is where those unfamiliar with the device come to get them! The first impression i got when i first came here was omg everyone who has one hates it i made a huge mistake. The power of the Crackberry nation can and DOES work both ways.

Fortunately i stuck it out long enough through a few upgrades and research in here, so I could form my own opinion and not just accept someone elses gripes, I learned that it was an excellent purchase that has made my life more efficient and profitable. Of course it can be improved in oh so many ways, and that is what makes it exciting. Give it a break! Its just a baby.

All I know is that three months ago I depended on a laptop and wifi, which was usually too much trouble to even drag around. Now just a 3g phone that i already had, same data plan i pull this tiny discreet tab out and look what I can do and access from virtually anywhere I go! That in itself is miraculous enough, now if we can get some positivity going in here, developers will more likely stick with it, be equally enthused, and give us so much more.

The rest of you useless negative complainers, sure you're entitled to spew here but the only real product of that is to make yourselves feel better and bring everyone else down. It clearly has not gotten your native email and autocorrect here any faster and I am sure is not encouraging for developers. Most likely it is just plain vindictive which means you have other issues. Please find another device you're happy with and go away. I suspect the problem there is that once you have a Playbook in your hands, no other tab will do, right? So they sit and wait and wish it would morph into PB2 before their eyes.

You are very welcome to Crackberry, webcash, clearly a wise person that sees beyond the end of their own nose and shortsightedness.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 05:34 AM.
    09-16-11 05:08 AM
    did you buy the machine based on what it could do in the future or what it can do now.
    personally i believe that is the key question. the devil is in the details, and right there are all the details.

I believe most people bought the device for what they were led to believe it WOULD do right now (on the date of purchase), and realized over half of those features werent there and wouldnt be there until the future... and while there is a mix of opinions as to how long they thought they would have to wait, few people thought that 5 months later this device would have gone nowhere outside of a barebones (featureless) bbm and videochat.

There are some features we also took for granted would be there, werent, and of this middle of september point in the road, still arent there like spell checking and correction.

I bought it and was shocked to find how much it was missing, and like many, found rim's lack of enthusiasm about finishing the device very disappointing. Yes October was actually a date we were told by many "sources" but two things weigh on the minds of all the frustrated owners. 1) RIM most likely, and obviously have, used the OS 2.0 pie-in-the-sky as carte blanche to give nothing in the meantime, in effect, trying to tell people "leave us alone, its all coming at once at an unspecified point in the future" and, 2) rim's notorious track record indicates that it will not be on target with the time frame given as they have missed practically ALL of them in the last two years. Long story short, why would anybody believe it wont be "delayed", come out months later, and still incomplete?

RIM's track record (and resulting plummeting stock price) suggest we very well could be waiting for a re-relaunch 2.5, a spring 2012 re-re-relaunch 3.0, etc... and if u think u have read anger and disappointment, baby u aint seen NUTHIN' yet...

That is what u are reading and hearing today. "after devcon". Okay, talk frank and unclear much? How long after? christmas? april 19 2012, the full one year anniversary date? dont sneer buddy, with rim its not only possible but probable.
    rollj83 and Send Again like this.
    09-16-11 05:43 AM
    personally i believe that is the key question. the devil is in the details, and right there are all the details.

I believe most people bought the device for what they were led to believe it WOULD do right now (on the date of purchase), and realized over half of those features werent there and wouldnt be there until the future... and while there is a mix of opinions as to how long they thought they would have to wait, few people thought that 5 months later this device would have gone nowhere outside of a barebones (featureless) bbm and videochat.

There are some features we also took for granted would be there, werent, and of this middle of september point in the road, still arent there like spell checking and correction

RIM's track record (and resulting plummeting stock price) suggest we very well could be waiting for a re-relaunch 2.5, a spring 2012 re-re-relaunch 3.0, etc... and if u think u have read anger and disappointment, baby u aint seen NUTHIN' yet...

That is what u are reading and hearing today. "after devcon". Okay, talk frank and unclear much? How long after? christmas? april 19 2012, the full one year anniversary date? dont sneer buddy, with rim its not only possible but probable.
    Indeed, so can we all agree that those who bought it with overly high expectations, for whatever reason, should move on and leave it to the satisfied and patient? Its the end of summer give it up what you see is what you get. For now.

Personally I am happy they are taking their sweet time, they already learned the damage that can be caused by the bashing we have seen in here and elsewhere. They surely are not going to release 2.0 half baked , and by the way software takes time to make secure and reliable, no matter HOW many engineers you throw at it.

And to those who want better communication from RIM .... why? So you can count the days until you can cry if the schedule isn't met again? Do you want the product or do you want to talk about it? Let them focus their resources they have enough drama from the drama queens to deal with already , do you think they need more distraction and pressure to help get something released?

Just kick back and browse, or buy the tab you want, that you wont admit only exists on your wish list.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 06:05 AM.
    mapsonburt and michjarv like this.
    09-16-11 06:00 AM
    Agree 100%. I am considered tech savy among my friends, most of them take my advice for granted. Well as of result of my Playbook showin off three of them have bought this litlle slate... and I have my fingers crossed... no regrets till now but I know my friends not as savy as myself wonder if theirs whas a good buy desicion.
    09-16-11 06:31 AM
    Agree 100%. I am considered tech savy among my friends, most of them take my advice for granted. Well as of result of my Playbook showin off three of them have bought this litlle slate... and I have my fingers crossed... no regrets till now but I know my friends not as savy as myself wonder if theirs whas a good buy desicion.
    Happy you are there to educate them then and that you are here for help. Can they be made more savvy?
    What are their regrets?
    09-16-11 06:37 AM
    RE: What people need to realize

Playbook is a great product managed by a not-so-great management... not sure why we need to defend RIM when they themselves is keeping the "no comment" strategy... they should be the one to defend the product - not us!... they should be the one to prove the "worthy" of the product... not only to us, the customers, but as well as to those developers who are supporting their product... I used to defend RIM, but realized, hey if they don't want to save their a.s.s, why would I save them?... until the release of OS2, I will still stand on my recommendation to others who are planning to buy PB, to wait...
    09-16-11 07:00 AM
    I totally understand peoples frustration and disappointment. Been there and done that. After all it was suppose to have everything that was missing by now.

Does the playbook have problems and is missing things? You bet. Is it a worthless piece of crap? Far from it. Am I totally satisfied with it? No but don't think it's the worst thing I've ever used either.

The tablet market is kind of small yet from what I understand and yes ipad dominates. RIM still has time but the clock is ticking and people are either waiting or moving on to something else as the clock ticks. If it takes too long the clock is going to stop.

So we that all ready made the purchase need to use it for what it does or put it in a drawer and wait. I will use mine because it did fill a need for me and wait. There really isn't all that much more I need from it and everyones use is different. I think part of the problem is people still don't know what a tablet is for or what they should be getting out of one other then ipad can or can't.

I'm hoping my baby grows up soon and frankly I'm tired of complaining. One thing I do know is that RIM has moved on to QNX. It is either going to keep them in the game or kill them. Updates continue to come, all though slower then most hope or want. So ot is not abandoned or eol.

(standing on the sidelines) GO RIM......GO RIM!
    09-16-11 07:38 AM
    RE: What people need to realize

Playbook is a great product managed by a not-so-great management... not sure why we need to defend RIM when they themselves is keeping the "no comment" strategy... they should be the one to defend the product - not us!... they should be the one to prove the "worthy" of the product... not only to us, the customers, but as well as to those developers who are supporting their product... I used to defend RIM, but realized, hey if they don't want to save their a.s.s, why would I save them?... until the release of OS2, I will still stand on my recommendation to others who are planning to buy PB, to wait...
    Yes there are a lot of "should be's" in life, then there is reality.

Nobody is asking anyone to save RIM, even if it would be for their own personal benefit...(the answer to your "why" seemed pretty well spelled out above ), only asking for a toning down of the unreasonable and often unfounded bashing and useless complaining.

Those who did not get what they expected, wanted, have valid points for THEM. The time is up,agreed it is disappointing,but by now they should assume they will never get what they want and make a decision without everyone having to read the Daily Gripe just to interact with other users.

Because some are dissatisfied, does not mean we should all fall in line and complain and moan with them to everyone's detriment. This seems to be what they are seeking here, validation for their discontent.

More reasonably they should move on and not keep expecting the unobtainable,
    for their own sake as well as everyone else's in my humble opinion. I'm beyond tired of being told I'm in denial or too stupid to realize that the playbook actually does not suit my needs perfectly as is!

My question is if you are so unhappy and hateful or spiteful or vindictive, hating playbook hating RIM waiting on false promises...why even be here?

Misery may like company, but company does NOT enjoy misery.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 08:00 AM.
    09-16-11 07:42 AM
    I understand your frustrations and no I don't work for Rim I am just a gadget addict who.....
    Peter
    Do you think anyone at RIM understands the frustrations that you understand and stated ?
    Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

If they don't understand the frustration that makes RIM look bad.
    If they do understand the frustration that makes them incompetent because delays and pushing back releases makes them look bad.

Either way to get out of the situation RIM has to simply deliver.
    09-16-11 07:55 AM
    If they do understand the frustration that makes them incompetent because delays and pushing back releases makes them look bad.

Either way to get out of the situation RIM has to simply deliver.
    Or, it is simply impossible to meet the expectations in the time expected?

Have you ever tried to "simply" deliver a major software upgrade, that is secure, reliable and will meet everyones expectations? Simple to say.

They would look worse than bad if this was a dud.
    mapsonburt and peter9477 like this.
    09-16-11 08:07 AM
    Or, it is simply impossible to meet the expectations in the time expected?
    Have you ever tried to "simply" deliver a major software upgrade, that is secure, reliable and will meet everyones expectations? Simple to say.
    They would look worse than bad if this was a dud.
    Yes, and therefore to get out of the situation RIM has to simply deliver.
    If they can't "simply" deliver a sweet piece of hardware will go into oblivion.
    09-16-11 08:14 AM
    So one can ask if this a yet another 'reverse' troll post?

Okay, give up the native email and android. Why the heck can't this thing after 5 months spellcheck and autocorrect and punctuate. I said it yesterday: Great video presentation, reasonable photo presentation (but I can't email from it) but each and every time I use it to type either an email reply or original email or enter a reply to a forum post, it irritates me no end. I would even be willing to admit my typing skills on the glass keyboard might be lacking but then it should be eased by the inherent software - add the apostrophe and capitalize the sentence, add the period. Allow me to place the damn cursor where I need it to fix a typo. Can't it give me a questionmark I can get to without 3 extra taps and the same for the apostrophe. Small things that I think most BB users would have expected from this professional tablet and if not initially by now.

Why can't I search in various apps? Seriously, you mean that is a complex or advanced function we should never have expected and which we should still not expect after FIVE (5) months?

Yup, too many expectations of a major player in email and phones - so I guess many of us deserve the disappointments that have flowed now for five months.

Yes, I do keep haunting these threads asking the same questions because I still have not seen a satisfactory answer. And, there is no way I would recommend this tablet to friends and they do turn to me for tech info. And I am not comparing it to any other offerings. I'm just disappointed in this one. And, no I don't want to move on. I want my device to perform like a professional tablet. When I do use it on this forum, I leave the obviously deficiently spelled/punctuated results. But I generally will abandon an email reply and move back to my phone or computer to get acceptable and acceptably spelled results. Sad.
    LuayS likes this.
    09-16-11 10:30 AM
    Haha I did recommended pb to my roomate over iPad 2 and now he's regretting buying the playbook, he said its sucks, he is planning on selling it to raise some money for iPad 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 10:46 AM
    My question is if you are so unhappy and hateful or spiteful or vindictive, hating playbook hating RIM waiting on false promises...why even be here?
    It is my right my friend to express my dissatisfaction on something I fully paid with my hard-earned money... not sure if you owned this forum and ask guys who are dissatisfied of why we are here... you should recommend to the admin that "complaint" or "expression of dissatisfaction" are not allowed, then you can ask "why we are?"... but until then, as customers and members of this forum, I believe, like you or those who are already happy with the current status of PB, all of us have rights to express our views according to the guidelines of this forum...

I bought this product because of its "potential"... not because of its status quo 6 months ago... believe me, if I knew that it will take RIM that longer to fulfill its promises, I will never buy this PlayBook on the first place... I will definitely wait for it to be completed... now you may say, sell it! when you buy something because you trusted the company to fulfill their promises and then failed, the damaged has already done... it is not a simple "sell it" solution... believe me, if RIM will offer a full refund on those dissatisfied customers, I will not hesitate to return it... and wait for actual improvements...

If PlayBook improves, you should thank guys like us... because we are the who push the "improvements"... we are actually the one saving RIM to its doomsday...
    FF22, rollj83 and Send Again like this.
    09-16-11 03:13 PM
    Yeah I wish my laptop had auto punctuation etc. sad to say it only does spell check and then I have to pick the right word anyway and sometimes it doesn't even suggest the word I was trying for so then I goto google and find it there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mapsonburt likes this.
    09-16-11 03:36 PM
    The title of this thread is what the RIM CEOs are famous for saying over and over.

Makes me wince every time I hear it now. .

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    09-16-11 04:15 PM
    My BB phone, about 3 inches by 4 inches by 1/2 inch can punctuate and spell. I fully expected this somewhat larger PROFESSIONAL TABLET to do at least that if not more. But certainly not less. And most likely on your laptop, computer or netbook you could find a utility that provides that function. With diminished sales, the odds of such an app coming are slim and then rim would probably veto it.
    09-16-11 04:25 PM
    If PlayBook improves, you should thank guys like us... because we are the who push the "improvements"... we are actually the one saving RIM to its doomsday...
    LOL, don't strain your shoulder patting yourself on the back....
    mapsonburt and nhs_john_doe like this.
    09-16-11 04:45 PM
    Well said OP, exactly what I`ve been trying to get across to people forEVER. What you say here matters. It matters to those considering a purchase, it matters to reviewers, it matters to investors, it matters to developers, it matters to newbies not sure what to think of it yet. Not only are we the tail wagging the dog, we can also be the dog that bites the hand that feeds it. You want more apps and support? Native mail etc. ? Stop with your RIM bashing, they need investors, good press and less drama. Has the bashing helped? Apparently not. You who think you are so wise and will tell RIM a thing or two that they have never heard before, thinking if you cry and make demands you will get what you want sooner are foolish. You are only shooting yourselves and the rest of us in the foot. First impressions matter and this is where those unfamiliar with the device come to get them! The first impression i got when i first came here was omg everyone who has one hates it i made a huge mistake. The power of the Crackberry nation can and DOES work both ways.
    Exactly. So, it works both ways. People will praise and people will bash. You cannot expect people to stop the bashing if they do not like the device. It is not the job of CB users to promote a product you paid to own. It is not our job to sugarcoat how we really feel just to try and boost RIMs sales of a device that according to everyone who doesn't like the PB, "is not on par with the competition".

That may of been your first impression of this site, well guess what? The general impression by the media and other outlets is the same thing. Most people think it is half baked and still in beta mode. That is what the majority of reviewers feel.

People should not sit here and lie to people how they really feel.

Fortunately i stuck it out long enough through a few upgrades and research in here, so I could form my own opinion and not just accept someone elses gripes, I learned that it was an excellent purchase that has made my life more efficient and profitable. Of course it can be improved in oh so many ways, and that is what makes it exciting. Give it a break! Its just a baby.
    You are an early adopter. You either stick it out or move on. It happens with every product.

All I know is that three months ago I depended on a laptop and wifi, which was usually too much trouble to even drag around. Now just a 3g phone that i already had, same data plan i pull this tiny discreet tab out and look what I can do and access from virtually anywhere I go! That in itself is miraculous enough, now if we can get some positivity going in here, developers will more likely stick with it, be equally enthused, and give us so much more.
    That's the thing. The majority of the users have to be happy for there to be more positivity. People who are upset are going to post their frustrations as you have seen. There is nothing you can do to stop this, only RIM can stop it. Even then there will always be people who complain just to complain.

I hardly doubt any developer looking to actually make money is going to look at CB PB forums, and if it is filled with positivity they are just going to start making apps for you guys. I think the majority of them would actually look at the sales of the device and see if it is actually worth it. 700k units have been shipped so far? That is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not when a developer will look at Apple and Android and release Apple sells more iPads in less than a week then RIM has sold PBs in one quarter.

I am not saying all developers are going to do this, but I can see many if not most of them doing this. The PB has been out for five months now and lack of app support is still a major complain. Having that Android player ready at the beginning would have rendered that complain useless.

The rest of you useless negative complainers, sure you're entitled to spew here but the only real product of that is to make yourselves feel better and bring everyone else down. It clearly has not gotten your native email and autocorrect here any faster and I am sure is not encouraging for developers. Most likely it is just plain vindictive which means you have other issues. Please find another device you're happy with and go away. I suspect the problem there is that once you have a Playbook in your hands, no other tab will do, right? So they sit and wait and wish it would morph into PB2 before their eyes.
    And praising the device on these forums wont get features any quicker either. These forums do not dictate when the next major update is pushed.

These are help forums. Complaints are expected. And the more users that join, and more devices that release, the more complaints there will be. If you are tired of these users, maybe you should get off these forums, because they are here to stay. Humans complain about what they do not like, and this is a perfect place for them to do it.

It sounds like you wish the forums were dedicated to PlayBook fanboys. Yes, let's fill these forums with extremely bias opinions from people who see no wrong with the PB. That will totally help users who are coming here for some feedback. Right.

I understand it gets frustrating to see negativity all the time, but it's something you'll have to live with until RIM completely changes the way people think about them. For the past 3 years the media has been negative on RIM. Expect the consumers to be the same. I loved my 9000 and got annoyed when people posted negativity about it because I was so happy with it. I then learned that if I am happy, that is all that matters. I then paid no attention to anything negative.

Hopefully things change for the PB. I sincerely do wish this. I think RIM is capable of making great products (9000 was my second favorite smartphone ever). Their use of QNX is just getting started. They just better hope it is ready for primetime, because PB negativity is nothing. If the same feelings are carried over to their smartphone line, the next year is going to look worse than it is right now.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-11 05:27 PM
    I've had my PlayBook for about a month, and I'm generally satisfied with it.

Sure, I want the keyboard to do all of the punctuation and capitalization tricks that my BlackBerry phones have already done. And, while I'm not too concerned about "native e-mail" on the PlayBook, I really WOULD like to have my calendar and my notes always available on the thing.

But, I expect those things will come, eventually.

Meanwhile, I'm using the Bridge to connect to the Internet at my office, so I can surf the web at lunchtime. Without Wi-Fi, or tethering charges, or an additional data plan charge.

Meanwhile, EVERY iPad owner I know has NOT ponied up for a tethering plan or an additional data plan, and NONE of them have Wi-Fi they can log into at their offices, so what are they DOING with their "superior" devices? Playing Solitaire? Why on Earth are they dragging those twice-as-heavy things around with them, anyway?

That's the perspective I have. NOTHING is "perfect." But, I'm making entirely satisfying use of my PlayBook, and I have hopes that a few relatively minor details will be improved over time, and then I'll be even more satisfied with the thing.
    KermEd, DaveTheA and mapsonburt like this.
    09-16-11 07:27 PM
    they should be the one to prove the "worthy" of the product... not only to us, the customers
    Low on time. I found your post interesting but the problem here is that I don't feel like its unworthy to me and it doesnt need to prove itself to me. I fit their demographic so perfectly it literally is the perfect match for someone like me. And I'm not an easy consumer to keep happy. If I didn't like it I would have gone for a refund
    mapsonburt likes this.
    09-16-11 08:01 PM
    It is my right my friend to express my dissatisfaction on something I fully paid with my hard-earned money... not sure if you owned this forum and ask guys who are dissatisfied of why we are here... you should recommend to the admin that "complaint" or "expression of dissatisfaction" are not allowed, then you can ask "why we are?"... but until then, as customers and members of this forum, I believe, like you or those who are already happy with the current status of PB, all of us have rights to express our views according to the guidelines of this forum...

I bought this product because of its "potential"... not because of its status quo 6 months ago... believe me, if I knew that it will take RIM that longer to fulfill its promises, I will never buy this PlayBook on the first place... I will definitely wait for it to be completed... now you may say, sell it! when you buy something because you trusted the company to fulfill their promises and then failed, the damaged has already done... it is not a simple "sell it" solution... believe me, if RIM will offer a full refund on those dissatisfied customers, I will not hesitate to return it... and wait for actual improvements...

Ok, but the question was, "Why even be here?"
    Not: "Why do you feel that you have a right to express yourself?"

You still haven't answered it. What purpose does it serve you or anyone else? Because I honestly can't figure it out.

You actually think RIM is going to pick up the pace because of all the whining and issues that everyone on the planet by now already know about? You think they will not improve it unless people scream and cry? They won't push themselves, they need a peanut gallery?

Actually it's a competitive market - improve it or go by the wayside. I think they figured that out without your help, hero. At this point, people are doing more damage than good.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-17-11 at 03:11 PM.
    nhs_john_doe and mapsonburt like this.
    09-16-11 10:18 PM

That may of been your first impression of this site, well guess what? The general impression by the media and other outlets is the same thing. Most people think it is half baked and still in beta mode. That is what the majority of reviewers feel.

People should not sit here and lie to people how they really feel.
    However that is the problem - a lot of it is based on FEEELINGS instead of facts. Not asking anyone to lie just shutup about it already - we already know the shortcomings, RIM knows, what's the point of the endless repetitive mind numbing crazy making ranting and bashing and griping? Legitimate fact based complaints are another thing altogether.

People rant , rehash the same gripes endlessly, don't add any value, It makes me feel like someone's wife, someone to be used just to vent so THEY feel better... It's just tiring. There is away to express dissatisfaction that is positive and hopeful. It is called "suggesting" as opposed to mindless vindictive "bashing" and ranting.

All very reasonable level headed argument/debate from you sir. however.
    What you have said is not what I call "complaining", ranting. But perhaps I mispoke. It is the mindless bashing I am sick of and that is useless and destructive, not legitimate fact based complaints..

That's the thing. The majority of the users have to be happy for there to be more positivity. People who are upset are going to post their frustrations as you have seen. There is nothing you can do to stop this, only RIM can stop it. Even then there will always be people who complain just to complain.
    I realize that - I, along with the OP apparently are trying to make them aware of the damage they are causing and the fact that it is having the opposite effect of what they think it is achieving. Damaging reputations do not help things to succeed or progress. Never have never will.. some factual complaining no problem, but it has been over the top. Threads dedicated to the sole purpose of ranting and making people feel better, but not helping the device or it's image in a positive constructive way. People who may otherwise be happy with the device as I suspect 70 % at least here are may have given it an objective unbiased review , will get the wrong impression. But there is a "follow the pack" mentality in the market and following depends on which way the device is perceived to be proceeding. Up or Down. I don't know how many ways I have to say this.

I hardly doubt any developer looking to actually make money is going to look at CB PB forums, and if it is filled with positivity they are just going to start making apps for you guys. I think the majority of them would actually look at the sales of the device and see if it is actually worth it.

...Having that Android player ready at the beginning would have rendered that complain useless.
    Perhaps not but if sales improve by looking at positive feedback and reviews (OF WHICH IT IS WORTHY BY THE WAY), developers will follow, or abandon ship if it goes the other way. Sales are critical, and image is critical to sales.

Basically the extreme negative stuff is damaging the image which damages potential sales, and nobody gets what they want.

And praising the device on these forums wont get features any quicker either. These forums do not dictate when the next major update is pushed.

These are help forums. Complaints are expected. ...
    It sounds like you wish the forums were dedicated to PlayBook fanboys.

Not at all. I want it to be factually based argument/debate, complaints are fine to an extent. A place for useful information, and actual help. Not a place to come in and be annoyed every day by a new "its the end of summer and RIM sucks thread". Not a place to wade through the same useless gripes and rants that always end up in the same place to get the "help" I am looking for and not have to come in here and get harassed for loving the device, and told I should not.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, even if we may not agree.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 10:57 PM.
    09-16-11 10:52 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD