I use my PB with two phones. An older torch and a newer bold.
    It's very easy to bridge with either and I use the PB as a bigger screen to handle emails on either phone. Email over bridge is really useful for me and I can virtually run my business on it.

We know that Z10 (with BB10) does not bridge email with PB, so if BB 10 comes to PB then thousands of legacy phone users will lose bridge facilities between their older phones and thier PB.
    Is that correct?
    If it is correct, is that progress?
    dphjeff likes this.
    05-23-13 02:10 AM
    That's actually a very good point, never thought of it that way. I doubt a BBOS4-7 device will bridge to a BB10 PlayBook, so the only thing I can say is that it would be up to you if you want to give up bridge for BB10 or keep PBOS and bridge.

Maybe they'll give an update to 2.2 or something with some newer features.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:13 AM
    For the foreseeable at least I think I would keep as is. Pass on having 10 for PB, well if it ever comes!!!
    05-23-13 03:14 AM
    I think RIM is choosing not to give. BB10 to PlayBook to make sure people don't say, "oh well we have BB10 already, why get the phone?"

Posted via Dec Alpha C
    05-23-13 06:03 AM
    That's actually a very good point, never thought of it that way. I doubt a BBOS4-7 device will bridge to a BB10 PlayBook, so the only thing I can say is that it would be up to you if you want to give up bridge for BB10 or keep PBOS and bridge.

Maybe they'll give an update to 2.2 or something with some newer features.

Posted via CB10
    you mean BBOS5-7.1 bridge does not support os4
    05-23-13 07:01 AM
    If BB10 will come to PlayBook there would be an option to those who already upgraded their BlackBerry's mobile to experience the powerful combo of PB and BB10 mobiles... and for those keeping their older BlackBerry phones, they always have an option not to upgrade - just not to lose the "bridge" capability of their older devices...

It is actually a "win-to-win" scenario for both new and old BlackBerry users...

Posted via Z10
    05-23-13 07:21 AM
    so if BB 10 comes to PB then thousands of legacy phone users will lose bridge facilities between their older phones and thier PB.
    Is that correct?
    The answer and the problem is....nobody knows.
    FF22, dphjeff and JeepBB like this.
    05-23-13 08:38 AM
    Well they made bridge work with QNX PB OS. If they can't make it work with QNX BB10 OS I just don't know what to say. Wouldn't that be backwards progress?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-13 08:44 AM
    It's very easy to bridge with either and I use the PB as a bigger screen to handle emails on either phone. Email over bridge is really useful for me and I can virtually run my business on it.

We know that Z10 (with BB10) does not bridge email with PB, so if BB 10 comes to PB then thousands of legacy phone users will lose bridge facilities between their older phones and thier PB.
    Is that correct?
    The issue (or problem depending on ones view) is that NO one knows what rim/bbry is planning. Will they cripple the existing bridge between bbos phones or not? Will they restore a full bridge to bb10 phones or not? We can only speculate.
    05-23-13 08:58 AM
    I'd sell it
    daveshiz likes this.
    05-23-13 09:11 AM
    Well they made bridge work with QNX PB OS. If they can't make it work with QNX BB10 OS I just don't know what to say. Wouldn't that be backwards progress?
    No, that would be BlackBerry business as usual.
    05-23-13 01:57 PM

Is that correct?
    some have brought up this point,,, if they give the PB the "broken" bridge, general consensus is they wouldn't upgrade,,, if they did it that way, it would be completely stupid on BB's part,,, this place would explode,,, my hope WAS, (i see no chance, even tho very feasable), of TOTAL bridged phone capabilities, i.e. make/answer calls + ALL legacy bridge functions,,, if they did this, the playbook would be a completely new device that would be *almost* comparable to Asus' infinity padfone without the dock/undock phone feature,,, if they actually did what i described, i'd kiss Thors' azz in times square during rush hour...
    05-23-13 02:45 PM
    I think RIM is choosing not to give. BB10 to PlayBook to make sure people don't say, "oh well we have BB10 already, why get the phone?"

Posted via Dec Alpha C
    a BB10 phone + a BB10 bridged playbook w/ ALL phone & legacy bridge functions would be a deathly lethal combo,,, something NONE of the competition has,,, HEY THOR!!! you listenin'???
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-23-13 02:52 PM
    If BB10 will come to PlayBook there would be an option to those who already upgraded their BlackBerry's mobile to experience the powerful combo of PB and BB10 mobiles... and for those keeping their older BlackBerry phones, they always have an option not to upgrade - just not to lose the "bridge" capability of their older devices...

Posted via Z10
    if by "powerful combo", you mean crippled bridge, then yeah,,, that would be so unawesome,,, ,,, i don't see how that could be win/win...
    05-23-13 02:55 PM
    I think the same way they are now slowly putting back things in BB10 from BBOS for the phones, they would leave alone or still incorporate elements of 2.1 in BB10 for Playbook.

Which takes us back to square one making it all play well together.
    05-23-13 02:55 PM

Posted via Z10
    I am not sure how it is win,win.
    Maybe for those with a Z10 and a PB it would be a win.
    But
    For those with legacy phones there doesn't seem to be much of a win if 10 comes to PB. As pointed out elsewhere it would be a case of deciding to go for the upside of 10 and lose some bridge functionality or just stay as. Not much win there.
    I have to say the same as others have already said, it is just so bad that BB don't give any indication of how it is likely to go. I am a BB fan with two phones and a PB but given the way BB conduct themselves I run low on confidence.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-13 03:20 PM
    you mean BBOS5-7.1 bridge does not support os4
    Fair enough, wasn't sure but put it anyways, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:49 PM