We all know how great the PlayBook is, but what should RIM have done from the start to make others see it?

I say that if they offered it at $200 instead of the $500 it was, along with OS 2.0, it would have become an instant hit. Who knows, RIM might have got developers waiting at its feet and Apple could haven came out with a 7" iPad to compete.

What do you guys think?
    04-30-12 01:19 PM
    I think water under the bridge. RIM should focus on BB 10 and marketing strategies to really blow everyone away.
    howarmat and Dim-Ize like this.
    04-30-12 01:23 PM
    Yeah ... that premise has been flogged to death. We can't undo the past and hindsight is always 20/20.

RIM has begun to make some major changes and are forging ahead. They still have a healthy bank account and no debt ... so let's just see what they have in store for BB10.
    04-30-12 01:37 PM
    I agree I paid full price for my 64gig PlayBook but I feel I have gotten a fare deal on it because of the amount of use I'VE had with it. Hopefully it works well with 10 and all will be good.
    04-30-12 02:16 PM
    The playbook was great hardware when it came-out...

IMO, it would've been much better if it was natively strong right off the bat. If all the basic functions (e.g. PIM, PDF reader, File Manager, better features for music and pictures, much better DocsToGo, etc) were covered...then it could justify (without apps) a price close to the iPad
    04-30-12 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD