The PlayBook's brother has a few things that would be nice to see on the PB.

timhorton and howarmat like this.
    04-28-11 12:05 AM
    damn that looks fast. i have always like webOS look and feel

the touch feature is pretty cool, but still not sold on the hardware that the phones have been used on

beats audio is nice too.

They look like they are bringing a pretty nice addition to the tablet race. Just have to see when it gets here
    04-28-11 12:33 AM
    I must admit, that looks great. Deserves a watch. Is the PlayBook capable of that touch thing?
    Last edited by timhorton; 04-28-11 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Asked a question.
    04-28-11 12:40 AM
    That looks pretty slick.

I must say though, I like rims implementation of the "Cards" better, it's a lot smoother looking and less "jumpy".

I am envious of the email and calendar apps though :/ Getting sick of the bridge webapps...
    04-28-11 12:46 AM
    i am sure the cards will be smoothed out before launch. i noticed the same thing
    04-28-11 12:47 AM
    After watching this, I'm glad the PlayBook is 7 inches. It definitely wasn't easy holding it with one hand while demonstrating it. The comment, "you wouldn't bring the 10" tablet to the store" when showing the transfer of the website to the phone is exactly why I bought a PlayBook. I want to be able to take it everywhere including grocery shopping.

Definitely nice consolidation within apps. RIM is getting there too. That's why I'd rather they take extra time to fully develop the native email/calendar/contacts. It would be nice to consolidate Bridge email with Gmail and other accounts in one email "superapp" as they call it
    04-28-11 12:49 AM
    Reminds me of what a 10 inch playbook with semi-mature OS might look like.

QNX needs to mature and developers need to support the platform.
    -card sensitive action on close
    -multisize keyboards
    -working Skype app from phone to tablet
    -system integration across apps for notification

They KeyStone touch concept which requires a WebOS phone is a nice demo but niche.
    04-28-11 01:07 AM
    Is the PlayBook capable of that touch thing?
    My PlayBook is barely capable of Bridge.
    04-28-11 01:14 AM
    very nice, except for the obvious (email, calendar and messaging) bring over multiple browser windows open at once. Thats true multi- tasking. I was big time disappointed with that omission
    04-28-11 01:24 AM
    not impressed with the cards implementation, and i cant really think of a need for the touch, realistically. design looks plastiky as well.
    04-28-11 02:14 AM
    not impressed with the cards implementation, and i cant really think of a need for the touch, realistically. design looks plastiky as well.

Are you drinking Hateraide?
    04-28-11 10:28 AM
    Possibly. I used to use a lot of HP laptops and other products and finally left because they kept breaking, so I do have a bad taste in my mouth. I'm just saying, if this is produced alongside their laptops, that means it will be the cheapest quality possible.

That aside, my comments remain regarding the cards and "touch."
    04-28-11 10:50 AM
    Looks like a nice device. I prefer the 7" form factor, but can see why some would really like this tablet.

I wonder just how far the Playbook will have gotten to, updated features wise, by the time this comes out. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    04-28-11 11:20 AM
    I like the "touch to share" feature. If the teaser video is any indication, it looks like the Bold Touch will have something similar. I definitely prefer the gestures of the PB to the home button. Looks like it will be a good addition to the tablet world.
    04-28-11 11:36 AM
    Wow, I didn't not realize how similar BB's QNX and WebOS were. They both use the swipe away gesture to close Apps. Will we see RIM vs HP lawsuits in the future?
    Paul J. McCain likes this.
    04-28-11 11:54 AM
    i am sure the cards will be smoothed out before launch. i noticed the same thing
    To me it kind of looked intentional to center the card on the screen. I've never used a webos phone though.

I'm definitly a fan of all the the gestures in the playbook though. It was killing me watching him press that side button continuously :P
    04-28-11 12:23 PM
    Wow, I didn't not realize how similar BB's QNX and WebOS were. They both use the swipe away gesture to close Apps. Will we see RIM vs HP lawsuits in the future?
    I hope not because WebOS created this style of Multitasking UI with gestures. When WebOS came out, Apple wanted to sue Palm for copying Pinch to Zoom and etc. Palm pushed back Apple's threat by showing their vast portfolio of patents and where Apple's was infringing them.

Does RIM have a good portfolio of patents?
    04-28-11 01:59 PM
    I thought RIM patented a handful of gestures last year, but I could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 02:12 PM
    Home button is so quaint . It would be number 2 on my list after the Playbook.
    04-28-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD